How To: Install a 2018 4C (UAQ/UAS) Radio in 2013 - 2017 RAM

Justinb107

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Does anyone perhaps have the part number for the 4G antenna input to the UAQ radio? Any alternatives which can be suggested on amazon? Just not sure on the frequency the antenna needs to be on.

Lastly, any idea where the factory antenna would be located? I have done the retrofit and make use of the wireless hotspot often, but my signal is not the greatest running off the internal 4G antenna alone.

Brads41789

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
my quess would be the bezel control/unit or a loose pin in the harness.whats your application number?the reset may can be fixed with a different application.m2 mods harnesses are better built.and is the bezel new?infotainment is notorious for selling used parts sometimes if they're clean just simply sending them back out.
I'd guess it was the infotainment bezel for sure. I remember originally purchasing a UAQ from them and it was malfunctioning so I sent it back. 2 days later they sent me the same exact one with the same problem and said they "fixed" it. I sent it right back for a refund and would not recommend doing business with them after that experience.

jnotnowe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Hello, I am trying to find out how to put a cd player in my dodge1500.I know this is not the place to ask, but i am having trouble trying to find any information on it,

Jtrem714

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I believe somewhere back in this thread it was found to be a SW driver issue between the radio and USB Hub that was fixed with newer radio sw.
Any idea what application version your radio is running?
Just checked today. Running 20.04.19

Any idea where I can download the latest SW so I can update the unit?

Thank you in advance.

itsuhhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'll send you a message with details
Hey Grimm,

Thank you for the conversion harness. I have a question though and maybe you know the answer. How do I get my antenna to plug into the back of this radio? The plug doesn't match up with the slots. Thanks.

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Laramie QC (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L eTorque
Hey Grimm,

Thank you for the conversion harness. I have a question though and maybe you know the answer. How do I get my antenna to plug into the back of this radio? The plug doesn't match up with the slots. Thanks.
Pictures of what you're working with please

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Laramie QC (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L eTorque
Just checked today. Running 20.04.19

Any idea where I can download the latest SW so I can update the unit?

Thank you in advance.
SW version or application version... It matters & PN