How To: Install a 2018 4C (UAQ/UAS) Radio in 2013 - 2017 RAM

Kekk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
good day

Mpgrimm2 My names Erik I am hoping to convert my 2017 ram radio for a 2018 radio with carplay with the navigation . To be honest I donot know anything about this electrical stuff that I need to get but I am trying to find someone with the know how to order the things that I need and I would just gladly pay for it !! Thanks in advance !!!​

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Laramie QC (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L eTorque
good day

Mpgrimm2 My names Erik I am hoping to convert my 2017 ram radio for a 2018 radio with carplay with the navigation . To be honest I donot know anything about this electrical stuff that I need to get but I am trying to find someone with the know how to order the things that I need and I would just gladly pay for it !! Thanks in advance !!!​

I'll send you a private message to get things started

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I owe @chrisbh17 and @Roman217 a HUGE thanks. As well as everyone else that offered up some advice on this. Chris and Roman worked up a module for me and send it out about a week ago. After some minor trouble shooting everything is good. It all works just as it should.

What exactly was the fix, what module is this? I installed a UAQ in my 16 a couple months ago and thought everything was working but it starting getting cold in the mornings and I just realized my heated seat/steering wheel are grayed out. Been searching this thread but so far no solid fix for a 2016 that I have seen. @chrisbh17 @Roman217

Last edited:

Leveil22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Will I lose my uconnect subscription on my 2013 if I upgrade?

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Laramie QC (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L eTorque
Added some Panasonic 4c screen delamination notes/info to post 7

RainZeros

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Does anyone have the 8 pin male connector part number? I'm trying to do a project with a second media hub and I'd hate to buy a second harness just to waste it all for the connector.
Edit: disregard, i found the connector. will post pictures of my project when i get the parts and everything.

Last edited:

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
What exactly was the fix, what module is this? I installed a UAQ in my 16 a couple months ago and thought everything was working but it starting getting cold in the mornings and I just realized my heated seat/steering wheel are grayed out. Been searching this thread but so far no solid fix for a 2016 that I have seen.

Just wanted to update and add a little information in case someone else runs across this issue of the heated seats not working on a 2016 (and I assume 17) 2500/3500 diesel.

While trying to find a solution, since everything I have read says it should work on a 2016 I recalled that there was an issue that tuners were having with the 2018 trucks losing their heated seats after getting tuned (diesels). The issue turned out to be they were using an older base file for the tunes which was fine for everything up to a 17 but caused issues with the seats on the 18's.

My truck is tuned and the tune I have been using has been around for a while so I thought I would try and load a newer tune just to see what happens. Sure enough the newer tune was based on a updated base file and my heated seats came back. Unfortunately I cannot run the older tune which was one of my favorites if I want to keep the heated seats and the UAQ. knowing that I am assuming the older tune base file may have been a pre 15' file and that's what caused my problems?

So if you are having issues with the heated seats on a 16-17 (maybe other years?) diesel and you are tuned try a newer tune if you can and see if that works.

ManualCummins

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
do you have the oem camera or aftermarket ? mine is aftermarket so dunno if the box will activate it , mine is wire thru the signal 31-32 pin , it should work imo ?
It would work either way if you go aftermarket it'll just have to unplug the RCA connector that jumps the main connector