How To: Install a 2018 4C (UAQ/UAS) Radio in 2013 - 2017 RAM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Spankie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If anyone is still looking for a UAQ that wont break the bank, they can still be had. Just installed a one out of a 2022 Renegade Limited with 10k on the clock for under $350. LKQ has them, just a fair warning to not take their word on the part number being sold. They originally sold me a “8.4 4C” and sent a 7” VP2… Lesson learned, if you are going to buy through them, use a Ram/Jeep VIN build sheet site to verify. Just picked up a HVAC module as I’m going from a 5” to 8.4.

Anyways big Thank You to everyone that has put in the time and research in to allow us to make our vehicles our own.

Dbow20

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Installed a Jeep part number UAQ on Saturday. Apple play, nav, and XM radio all working. Climate control also seems to be working correctly.

Oddly I get a Chrysler start screen and no display themes available in the settings menu. Been through about 10 long sleep cycles. Hopefully ram themes show up eventually.

Dbow20

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Does the engine need to be started to get the radio to read from the BCM or just key to run?

PA Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Darn. Thats what I have done quite a few times. The pickup doesn’t get driven too often.
Still no ram themes from the BCM.
Have you tried pulling the battery cable off or the online fuse and leaving it off a while and then reconnecting?

Dbow20

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Have you tried pulling the battery cable off or the online fuse and leaving it off a while and then reconnecting?
I did try that the day after I installed the radio. I noticed it reset some things, didn’t have backup cam, no XM. But that all came back within a few key cycles.

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Does the engine need to be started to get the radio to read from the BCM or just key to run?
Pull the radio fuse near the passenger side reservoir tank for 1-2 minutes for a reset...

Then start the truck, yes engine and run it for a 3-5 mins... Shut truck off for 15-30 mins. Repeat the cycle 3-4 times waiting for the SXM & BuCam to show up and work again.

Then recheck everything. Can take up to 48hrs after a reset.

Could also be the 18 Compass UAq you have not playing nice with the truck

LaurensN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Installed a Jeep part number UAQ on Saturday. Apple play, nav, and XM radio all working. Climate control also seems to be working correctly.

Oddly I get a Chrysler start screen and no display themes available in the settings menu. Been through about 10 long sleep cycles. Hopefully ram themes show up eventually.
You can always try to set the start screen with alfaobd

Schultz26

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Has anyone found a fix to heated/cooled seats and heated steering wheels buttons being grayed on a late 2016 truck? My truck has factory AUX switches so I don’t have physical buttons. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

MGD81

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
If anyone is still looking for a UAQ that wont break the bank, they can still be had. Just installed a one out of a 2022 Renegade Limited with 10k on the clock for under $350. LKQ has them, just a fair warning to not take their word on the part number being sold. They originally sold me a “8.4 4C” and sent a 7” VP2… Lesson learned, if you are going to buy through them, use a Ram/Jeep VIN build sheet site to verify. Just picked up a HVAC module as I’m going from a 5” to 8.4.

Anyways big Thank You to everyone that has put in the time and research in to allow us to make our vehicles our own.
This peaked my interest so I took a chance on a compass UAQ from LKQ for $350. It was terribly packaged but amazingly no damage and it works well - just waiting on the hub and harness. Thanks for the tip!

Tworley27

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 cummins
Hello everyone I have a 2013 Ram 2500 that came factory with the 8.4 vp4 radio with dual climate control and heated/vented seats . I upgraded to a UAS radio got the conversion harness from infotainment to get the heated/vented seats to work I also upgraded the hvac module to P/N 68366553AA and I still don’t have full control of my climate controls. I’ll be on the lowest ac setting and when I press the hot button once it jumps to hi it will not display the temperature just says hi or low. Does anyone know of a fix for this. I also have a video of the issue as well.

Wolfpup

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Has anyone found a fix to heated/cooled seats and heated steering wheels buttons being grayed on a late 2016 truck? My truck has factory AUX switches so I don’t have physical buttons. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
infotainment has a thing that plugs into the radio harness that forces the commands to be sent to the seats and radio.

the other, possibly better solution is the "Jailbreak Enzo from Customtronix". i read somewhere a few pages back that it worked better, and had much better tech support.

Last edited:

Wolfpup

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello everyone I have a 2013 Ram 2500 that came factory with the 8.4 vp4 radio with dual climate control and heated/vented seats . I upgraded to a UAS radio got the conversion harness from infotainment to get the heated/vented seats to work I also upgraded the hvac module to P/N 68366553AA and I still don’t have full control of my climate controls. I’ll be on the lowest ac setting and when I press the hot button once it jumps to hi it will not display the temperature just says hi or low. Does anyone know of a fix for this. I also have a video of the issue as well.
see post 3935, above.