How To: Install a 2018 4C (UAQ/UAS) Radio in 2013 - 2017 RAM

Discussion in '4th Gen DIY' started by DeereGuy, Feb 21, 2018.

1. Lawsuit11

Lawsuit11 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    2018 1500
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    [​IMG]

It’s almost to the bottom of the options for cabin equalization curve number.

Try the standard cab 6 speaker base DS. You can always try the quad and crew if that option doesn’t work. Just stay with the options that say DS

The standard cab premium alpine 8 ch is another good option to try.

2018 Black Pearl Ram 1500

LED Tail Lights, Black Quad Halogens with LED conversion, LED Black 3rd Break Light, Blacked Out Emblems, Rims & Grill, 8.4 UAQ conversion!, MTC to ATC Mod, OEM Remote Start

Mpgrimm2 likes this.
  2. Lawsuit11

Lawsuit11 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    2018 1500
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    It’s possible that with the 3.0 and 5.0 they don’t exactly read the BCM for that exact option having a upgraded radio it pulls everything from the BCM. That’s my guess on why it was fine until you got the upgraded radio

LED Tail Lights, Black Quad Halogens with LED conversion, LED Black 3rd Break Light, Blacked Out Emblems, Rims & Grill, 8.4 UAQ conversion!, MTC to ATC Mod, OEM Remote Start

Mpgrimm2 likes this.
  3. likes2build

likes2build Senior Member

Ram Year:
    2018 Express Reg Cab
    Engine:
    3.6 Pentastar
    Yup that's where I was, I'll go set it to that and let it sleep.

Mpgrimm2 likes this.
  4. Mpgrimm2

Mpgrimm2 Preferred Vendor Supporting Member

Ram Year:
    2018 Laramie Crew
    Engine:
    5.7L
    The Alpine settings likely won't work since it expects a separate amp to handle all the speakers (disables the built in speaker/line level output of the radio).

Standard Cab 6 speaker base (DS) that Lawsuit11 suggested is probably the way to go.

Mike F @mjf6175 has a 2017 factory 8.4 regular cab truck. Maybe he can confirm the cabin EQ Curve settings of his truck.

M² Mods.

likes2build and Lawsuit11 like this.
  5. Lawsuit11

Lawsuit11 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    2018 1500
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    Yeah I didn’t think about it like that lol

likes2build likes this.
  6. jdip

jdip Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Thanks fingers crossed. As long as they have a matching part number I'm going to try and swap radios with them and just drive my truck as little as possible with the radio missing and hope it doesn't cause a problem.

likes2build likes this.
  7. Nobser

Nobser Junior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    No, it is not what happens on the MY 13/14 trucks. The hard keys work, but the soft keys are grayed out and do not accept any user input.

8. g00fy

g00fy Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Eco Diesel 3.0
    So this morning i ripped out this POS frankenradio I got on Ebay, and i put my old RA4 back in and the world is right again, everything works, except android auto obviously :-(.

Just something I noticed during the swap, when i got my RA4 back in I put the key to "RUN" but i didn't actually start the truck, just to test everything out, and i noticed when i pushed the heated seat hard key, it did the same thing the Frankenradio was doing. So going on the most basic of logic I'm assuming the problem with the frankenradio is a lack of communication somewhere about whether or not the truck is actually running, i don't know if it determines this based on a signal from the BCM or if it just reads voltage, but the frankenradio must not have registered that the truck was running or had adequate voltage for the heated seats and it was shutting them off after a few seconds. It really doesn't matter at this point since the radio is going back to the seller but it's something i thought was kinda interesting.

If anyone is selling a Legitimate Used UAS or UAQ in good working order please shoot me a PM, thanks.

9. jdip

jdip Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    I'm actually debating on reporting these to eBay PayPal as both sellers (same people) advertises them as "pre owned" but they are very obviously refurbished and altered. We will see what happens with this return attempt. I flat out told him that I shouldn't have to drive around without a radio (take this as a lesson don't sell your old radio even if there is notjing wrong with the new unit. I waited 2 weeks clearly not long enough) I've already returned a unit, but they are still going to treat me like I'm going to run off with two radios. I'm the consumer I'm just as worried about getting screwed over with bad products as they are me running off with two units.

They are either flat out lying or they are not knowledgeable of their products since they are telling me "I was misinformed" regarding the first part number being from a Challenger. I think they know well the radios are opened and housings are changed etc especially since the replacement security seals have the company name in them. They told me they use a "supplier" as that's what we were waiting on to get my current radio with 631AI Part number radio during the first return.

@g00fy does the radio you bought from deals ken have a security seal that says "mgsales" ?

10. g00fy

g00fy Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Eco Diesel 3.0
    I've already packed it away to be shipped out this morning so i can't double check, but in the picture of the part number you can see they put these stickers all over the unit that say "Warranty Protection Security Seal" which my RA4 does not have.

I was considering asking the guy for an exchange until i saw your initial post about them jerking you around. So i'm just sending it back for a refund and I'll keep a close eye on the classifieds for one. Keep us posted how your replacement goes.