How To: Install a 2018 4C (UAQ/UAS) Radio in 2013 - 2017 RAM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ManualCummins

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
That’s awesome that you’re making progress and Solid solution is just around the corner
Thanks again for your hard work

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
If you set your fuse correctly you could power off of one of the power ports
I setting it to power only when the key is on in the fuse box
Do you need both CAN C and CAN IHS?

The 8 pin 8.4 radio bezel connector has switched 12v B+ and CAN IHS on it... Plug n play Pigtail would be easy to make for this. But if you need Can- C, that's another story.

M² Mods.

ManualCummins

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Yes do you need both
The incoming signal come from can-c
And then he was broadcasting it over ihs

Errol Smith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Do you need both CAN C and CAN IHS?

The 8 pin 8.4 radio bezel connector has switched 12v B+ and CAN IHS on it... Plug n play Pigtail would be easy to make for this. But if you need Can- C, that's another story.

M² Mods.

Unfortunately, you do need access to both CAN lines. The reverse switch signal comes in over CAN-C but the messages to display the backup camera are spit out over CAN-IHS.

dwhutch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey guys, I got a conversation harness from M² Mods earlier this year to update my RA2 to a UAS and then got caught up in the corona virus furlough program. I had to delay my plans a few months. Now I'm finding it difficult to find a reasonably priced UAS. I wanted Android auto but my biggest complaints are the tiny backup screen and the sluggish Bluetooth phone connection. For those who use the RA4, obviously the backup camera is better but how's the phone experience? Also will my harness work with the RA4 if I wanted to go this route?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Hey guys, I got a conversation harness from M² Mods earlier this year to update my RA2 to a UAS and then got caught up in the corona virus furlough program. I had to delay my plans a few months. Now I'm finding it difficult to find a reasonably priced UAS. I wanted Android auto but my biggest complaints are the tiny backup screen and the sluggish Bluetooth phone connection. For those who use the RA4, obviously the backup camera is better but how's the phone experience? Also will my harness work with the RA4 if I wanted to go this route?

It's pretty good IMO and the harness is compatible.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

dwhutch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It's pretty good IMO and the harness is compatible.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk
Thanks, the 2 UAx units I found on car-part are 850 and 1000 other than the ones in Canada

likes2build

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Express RCSB
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
The deals for the UAx units are still out there. It takes patience, daily diligence and a little luck. Major players are looking for them so they can resell them to consumers at that higher price. Carpart.com and LKQ online always worked for me.

NWhunt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Anybody know if a H 68306656AH (4C w/ Nav) out of a 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee will fit? I read that there were some mounting issues to the bezel from other Dodge models, but didn't see anything about Grand Cherokees fitting, or not, in a 2015 Ram.

Thanks

drozek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Anybody know if a H 68306656AH (4C w/ Nav) out of a 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee will fit? I read that there were some mounting issues to the bezel from other Dodge models, but didn't see anything about Grand Cherokees fitting, or not, in a 2015 Ram.

Thanks

My radio was out of a 2018 Jeep and fit perfectly besides the purple plug in the back. The purple plug is the cell cable, I didn't want over the air updates so it was a win for me. Mounting was exactly the same. I have a 2015 Ram also

trmck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’m up in Canada (Ontario) and these trucks are everywhere here. I don’t know enough to comment on the UCX Vs. the UAX but the radios here pop up pretty frequently at decent prices. My Nav RA4 was $350CAD and my UCS was $500CAD. Lots of yards have the 8.4 bezels/controls etc. as well and cheap. I was also able to update the firmware in my UCS radio (21.9 to 22.6) without issues using links posted in another thread. As we head into winter fresh wrecks will start hitting our yards steadily.

Side note: If anyone is looking for a centre console lid/tray to fit the updated media hub PM me; I have a minty fresh one (without a media hub) I’m looking to get rid of.

NWhunt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I'm about ready to start my RA2 to UAQ upgrade build, just waiting on a couple more parts. A huge thanks to Mpgrimm2 for his help and expertise in this. Here is what I currently have purchased and plan to use. Please advise if you see any parts that don't look right or could be changed. My truck is a 2015 Ram 2500 w/ Cummins. Going from factory 4 speed blower to 7 speed, all necessary wiring has been ordered:

HVAC module: 68105017AE (do I need the 2018 module for my 2500 though considering HVAC issues I've read about?)
Media Hub: 2018 OEM Ram media hub for CarPlay
Blower Motor Resistor: Denso 499300-2121
Radio: 2018 4C 68306560AN (out of a Jeep Grand Cherokee - mounting screws will work)
Wiring Harnesses: Everything ordered from Mpgrimm @ M2 Mods
Single Zone MTC Bezel:

Last edited:

Donald 16 Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Whats the part numbers to replace 5.0 with 8.4? I have radio and bezel already. Need to convert from 4 speed to 7 speed

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L

likes2build

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Express RCSB
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
@Mpgrimm2 as myself and others have discussed before, I sometimes believe it's the actual people at infotainment.com contacting you and hoping that you or the Forum can solve their problems.
I'll be the first to put it right out there, I honestly believe that they copied the M2mods USB console harness adapter. I can only imagine what else could have possibly been pirated.
If I'm wrong tell me but then also tell me what exactly it is that infotainment.com does to program the customers Vin to the new radio?

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
@likes2build
I don't think that's the case with them contacting us for support indirectly. Just doesn't make sense. Mostly its people jumping the gun & buying without asking any questions, don't want to call seller and/or aren't getting the answers they expect and end up with Google sending them here.
There's a reason why I still don't have a website to just buy stuff like this... You have to ask people specific questions about their truck (I have a template), and what they want to accomplish so they actually get the correct harness & parts they need the first time or it costs more later to fix it. (Also helps build membership on the forum. [emoji6] )
We have spoken by phone with them before (~ 2.5 yrs ago) and they seem like the rest of us ... most of the issues came about when they hired a particular forum member that was less than straight with them and other forum members here he was selling items to.
As far as copying, an argument can be made that anyone seeking to do these same mods may end up with a very similar harness, etc. since it's just a matter of research & time with the trucks ... However, when competitor/employees buy a harness from us and 2 weeks later their harness looks like ours or just remove the watermark/logo from our install PDF, well not sure it's a coincidence.

There are also 2 others out if FB Marketplace building harnesses/selling kits now and 1 that actually gets harnesses from me. I will say that once you start paying various fees, taxes, etc it gets harder to keep costs down compared to posting something up on FB with little accountability. I like the adage of staying out of another's sandbox so everyone gets a piece of the pie.

. Now to get off the soapbox.

M² Mods.
wiwrvv7h7m7j6hy5ym4q9ie26n4kfnx6megiz620&rid=giphy.gif

Last edited:

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
TBH, it seems to be getting a bit ridiculous with folks buying from infotainment and then coming here for support. If it were me, I would not spend time with infotainment customers other than to tell them to return the kit to infotainment and then call me. I think infotainment is able to blow off supporting their customers because they know they will come here and get support. There is no money to be made in support. It is 100% cost with no profit. If you can outsource it to someone else for free that just increases your profit.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok now I'll jump in. I believe infotainment 100% copied their harness from this forum. I've been here from the beginning when Getupkid and others on this forum were actually able to figure out the 8.4 conversion harness. Mike (@M2mods) has been involved from the beginning as have I and many others figuring out different upgrades only to have them copied by Infotainment. I talk to Mike all the time as well as many other members behind the scenes and we test and compare notes. They 100% copied our 8.4 conversion harness plus the ATC mod. They charged ridiculous prices for there Genie to enable codes claiming it was due to the amount of research involved for them to enable the correct codes and testing and development....really??? Their ATC Genie didn't even work when the first released is because they didn't test it at all. They just wanted to copy us as quick as possible. When it was discovered that the A/C compressor stayed on at all times when the ATC mod was done who figured out that you needed the Humidity Sensor? We were the ones that figured it out. My truck was the first one we installed the Humidity Sensor in while communicating with Mike G, Mike D, 00/RT and others privately to make sure we had it figured out before we posted our results and then it was quickly copied by Infotainment. I get frustrated when I see constant posts from people paying Infotainment for their products that in many cases don't work correctly looking for answers here which Mike then answers and in many cases fixes without making any profit just because he's a nice guy. I understand these people don't even know about the forum until they run into issues with the Infotainment setup and then go looking for answers and end up here so I'm not bashing them. In my mind all Infotainment has done is raise the prices of the radios and other components by making deals with certain wrecking yards to buy any radios they have. Now to my main point. There is NO special programming to your radio involved and as far as being refurbished.....if that's cleaning a radio, making sure it works and installing firmware anyone can get for free which is all they do I guess that's fine. I feel it's false advertising. I have my reasons for my dislike for them when my dad purchased a (refurbished) radio from them for his 2007 and it arrived dirty and with a broken selector button that was Not damaged in shipping. He also ordered a new bezel that came with a scratch and was obviously used. They apologized profusely and replaced both items. It was obvious to me both items had come directly from a wrecking yard. Sorry for my rant. Just frustrating. I usually try to avoid airing my grievances but it seems to be getting worse as there are more options and versions of radios and upgrades for them to screw up.

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk