How to make heated front seats?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Svetla

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Good afternoon. I have a Ram of 2018 bighorn. I do not have heated front seats. Tell me. Is it possible for me to make heating and what do I need for this?

BARAN.jpg

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Good afternoon. I have a Ram of 2018 bighorn. I do not have heated front seats. Tell me. Is it possible for me to make heating and what do I need for this?

View attachment 223609
Yes, its a common upgraded that many people have done. There is a thread on it in the 4th gen DIY section. Long story short is your truck should already have all of the correct wiring for the heated/vented seats and heated wheel since it's a Bighorn. To verify this look at the yellow seat connector on the bottom if your drivers side seat. If you have two pink wires with yellow stripes on your truck side of the connector your truck has the nessisary wiring. You will need to locate heated seats for a 13 to 18 Ram. You can also install the heated wheel if you chose. In order to make it work you will also need to buy a heated wheel clockspring. After you install the seats and steering wheel if you want it you will need to enable the codes in the BCM with the Alfa tool for everything to work. Sounds difficult but really isn't.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Svetla

Svetla

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes, its a common upgraded that many people have done. There is a thread on it in the 4th gen DIY section. Long story short is your truck should already have all of the correct wiring for the heated/vented seats and heated wheel since it's a Bighorn. To verify this look at the yellow seat connector on the bottom if your drivers side seat. If you have two pink wires with yellow stripes on your truck side of the connector your truck has the nessisary wiring. You will need to locate heated seats for a 13 to 18 Ram. You can also install the heated wheel if you chose. In order to make it work you will also need to buy a heated wheel clockspring. After you install the seats and steering wheel if you want it you will need to enable the codes in the BCM with the Alfa tool for everything to work. Sounds difficult but really isn't.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
many thanks. What is BCM with the Alfa? never heard of. Where can you get it?

OP
OP
Svetla

Svetla

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does the monitor need to be redone? I noticed that if there is a heated seat and steering wheel, then the monitor is of a different type.

pltuls

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 cummins
Alfa obd is a program you can purchase on your phone or laptop. It works with a obd reader such as mx+ to enable many different options that used to require a trip to the dealer. It reads and writes to the body control module BCM. For example you could enable the use of led or hid headlights and not have to use resistors or harnesses. Many in here including myself have saved hundreds by enabling options ourselves when adding different things. Huge list of things you can add, tow mirrors, heated seats, brake controllers, adjust speedometer, tire pressures threshold, upgraded dash display, larger radio if you didn't get the 8.4 display etc.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does the monitor need to be redone? I noticed that if there is a heated seat and steering wheel, then the monitor is of a different type.
Is that your truck in the picture? If so then you already have the 8.4" radio. If not it should work with the 5" touch screen radio as well which is the smallest radio a Bighorn comes with. The BCM is the (Body Control Module) this is what controls many of your trucks functions. All of the options are already in the BCM, they just need to be enabled or turned on. Many of the options cannot be enabled by the dealer and some can depending on the trim level of the truck and what options it originally came with. The Alfa tool is an App you download from the Google Play Store for 49$ that is able to access any code in your BCM and turn it on. You will also need an OBD reader to connect to your truck so the tool will work. The OBD Link MX or MX+ by ScanTool is the recommended OBD reader to use. Since your truck is a 2018 you will also need the security bypass cable by KaodTech.com for around $50 for the tool to communicate with your truck. Since your truck is a Bighorn the dealer should be able to enable the heated seats and heated wheel if you have one near you. Ram never offered heated seats only in the 4th gen trucks so when you purchase your new switch panel it will have the heated wheel button plus the heated seats buttons. To do the full upgrade you would need the heated seats, heated steering wheel, heated steering wheel clockspring and correct switch panel. After the parts are installed you will need to enable the codes in the BCM with the Alfa tool or have your dealer do it if you have one near you.

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Svetla

Svetla

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Alfa obd is a program you can purchase on your phone or laptop. It works with a obd reader such as mx+ to enable many different options that used to require a trip to the dealer. It reads and writes to the body control module BCM. For example you could enable the use of led or hid headlights and not have to use resistors or harnesses. Many in here including myself have saved hundreds by enabling options ourselves when adding different things. Huge list of things you can add, tow mirrors, heated seats, brake controllers, adjust speedometer, tire pressures threshold, upgraded dash display, larger radio if you didn't get the 8.4 display etc.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
What valuable information. Thank you very much. Then it makes sense to do not only heating, but also ventilation of the seats.

OP
OP
Svetla

Svetla

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is that your truck in the picture? If so then you already have the 8.4" radio. If not it should work with the 5" touch screen radio as well which is the smallest radio a Bighorn comes with. The BCM is the (Body Control Module) this is what controls many of your trucks functions. All of the options are already in the BCM, they just need to be enabled or turned on. Many of the options cannot be enabled by the dealer and some can depending on the trim level of the truck and what options it originally came with. The Alfa tool is an App you download from the Google Play Store for 49$ that is able to access any code in your BCM and turn it on. You will also need an OBD reader to connect to your truck so the tool will work. The OBD Link MX or MX+ by ScanTool is the recommended OBD reader to use. Since your truck is a 2018 you will also need the security bypass cable by KaodTech.com for around $50 for the tool to communicate with your truck. Since your truck is a Bighorn the dealer should be able to enable the heated seats and heated wheel if you have one near you. Ram never offered heated seats only in the 4th gen trucks so when you purchase your new switch panel it will have the heated wheel button plus the heated seats buttons. To do the full upgrade you would need the heated seats, heated steering wheel, heated steering wheel clockspring and correct switch panel. After the parts are installed you will need to enable the codes in the BCM with the Alfa tool or have your dealer do it if you have one near you.

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk
Yes, this is my truck in the photo.Thanks. I didn't know about such opportunities. Unfortunately, we don't have a dealer and I will have to do everything myself. It turns out Alfa 50 dollars. Plus a $ 50 bypass cable. The seat heating unit is $ 50 and the new steering wheel is $ 100. I can also make the front seats heated without heating the steering wheel by inserting a plug instead of a button.
Why did I ask about the display 8.4. on the bighorn, without heated seats and steering wheel, the single-zone climate control always worked. The heated seats were always equipped with dual-zone climate control for the passenger and driver.

OP
OP
Svetla

Svetla

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Friends. I bought seats with heated ventilation from the larame configuration. I have two questions:1. On the bighorn is there a wire under cooling (ventilation) seat? I know that on bighorn there are wires for heating, but I'm not sure about cooling (ventilation). 2. are the larame 2012 seats Different from the larame 2017 seats?

bruce219

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
pentastar
2012 seats are different,won't work in yours.I believe it has to do with air bags and modules etc under seat.

OP
OP
Svetla

Svetla

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
thanks very

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I think for where you are the eBay heaters will probably be your best choice. Good luck , and enjoy

OP
OP
Svetla

Svetla

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Guys, I bought MX +. I need to buy the program and that's it? I can use this device and the program to read the errors that are there? or is the program only making adjustments?

bruce219

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
pentastar
Reads errors and erases them also.

bruce219

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
pentastar
Guy on here with user name "big daddys house" I think,has great videos on youtube on how to use it.Could be in D.I.Y section here also