HOW TO: painting and baking your headlights the right way, many pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BeardedGinger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It was not the easiest thing in the world. But a little bit of patience and you can get it done. here is mine all finished up.

Snapchat--415874858538291037.png
Before%2Band%2BAfter%2B01.png

Cloviz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Can someone who can see all the pics copy and paste in a new thread(with credit given to op) I want to try this but I'm not gonna go in blind on this. And can I use a different color other than black? I really wanna do blue since I'm redoing some interior chrome with blue. Brown with black isn't a good match but blue gives it a nice color wow.

Loaded

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Or could someone take some pics when they do theres. I'm way to scared of messing this up and some pics would go along way.

cjacks519

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RAM Sport Crew Cab
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Been thinking about this for some time now. Finding this thread has peaked my curiousity

As for this coming weekend... Hmmm... to bake or not to bake???? Or save myself the heartache/headache and give well deserved money to JJ

Loaded

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Why dont you go ahead and bake them, take pics, post them here THEN order some from JJ if your not happy. Or Send them to me when done.

cjacks519

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RAM Sport Crew Cab
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Why dont you go ahead and bake them, take pics, post them here THEN order some from JJ if your not happy. Or Send them to me when done.

Yes, those were my thoughts too, but if I screw it up really bad for some strange reason I'd need another set immediately since this is my daily driver. Figured if I'm gonna buy a set for backup, might as well buy a set for JJ to hook up for me.

I'm probably thinking it over too much as always, but that's how I roll (Err to the side of caution). I'm a tradesman, so DIY I'm comfortable with, but there's just something about preheating the oven for headlights :naughty: that makes my ******** pucker.

Decisions...decisions...

cjacks519

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RAM Sport Crew Cab
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You should have seen the look on my wife's face when she came into the kitchen and saw a headlight in her brand new oven....

lol! I'm sure she thought you'd lost it for sure this time, huh? :crazy:

kg93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
i just tried cooking headlights that i bought used, which were sealed with high temp rtv...did work so well for me, i couldn't pull them apart for **** lol

i only did them for 10 minutes though i didnt want to over do it

Solej

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I can't see several of the pics

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
I can't see several of the pics

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk
Same here. This happens with pictures uploaded via Tapatalk. Eventually Tapatalk deletes them from their servers.
Best bet is to let the forum host them (but can't insert inline) or use photobucket or imgur to host them.

Sent from my LG G4 on Tapatalk.

mxaddict392

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
For the orange turn signal lens can you replace with a clear lens and install an orange bulb?

yanclanman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've been wanting to do this for a long time, just too nervous! Thanks for the post, gives me a little more confidence.