How to program the Trucks garage door opener

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
In the days before we had built in openers, we'd just have the clip to the visor openers. So six of one, half dozen of the other as far as that goes.
My garage door opener:

Attachments

• KIMG0546[1].JPG
    KIMG0546[1].JPG
    75.5 KB · Views: 7

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Yep…and back in the day we used to leave our front door unlocked. Good luck
My doors only get locked if I'm going into "the city" 45 minutes away and I'm going to be gone for several hours. Front door, back door, garage door, unless there's inclement weather they're open and/or unlocked.

Huck556

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Tried to program mine once already and had issues. I’ll have to take a look at this video and give it another go.

KrazyBiRde

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Etorrque Hemi 5.7L
I had the hardest time getting this done on my 2022 Ram 1500, spent many hours.

However, finally figured it out!!!

My issue was I was not using the original genie remote to program. Using a third-party remote, could not get it to work for the life of me. Finally followed the directions in the Quickstart guide from 1-4 using the original Genie remote (have rolling code). Worked like a charm.

Hope this helps some poor soul. Nowhere did I find this written, but glad I got it figured out.

Also P.S. - You always risk of allowing a thief to open your garage if you park outside. Even if you lock your car which deactivates the Homelink system. If your window is broken and the door is opened, the Home link system becomes active again. And just like that a thief can open your garage door.