How to remove a stuck on rotor the easy way !

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Found this thread while trying not to lose my mind.

I've got to replace the ABS speed sensor on the right front wheel of a 2015 2500. Cannot get the dang rotor off. Beat it with a sledge, sprayed it with PB Blaster several times and let it soak, heated it and beat it again. Jammed a 2x4 between the frame and the back of the rotor and had the bride turn hard right to try to pop it off... nothing.

I saw this and I'm a little afraid of making a bad situation worse by bending the brake caliper mounting point... but the mount looks pretty solid on my 3/4 ton truck. Has anyone tried this method? I'm 970 miles from home on vacation and would love to have cruise control to drive home, so I don't want to destroy my rotor... but I gotta get the damn thing off to replace the speed sensor!!!

Little late,but this is an old school trick for removing a stuck on rotor,and it works.You can add another nut to the very end of the bolt that pushes on the rotor to add a little more surface area to the push area.Bolts that long at your local hardware store are usually only a grade 3 or at most a grade 5 bolt,and the nut and threads will usually gall before the caliper ear will break on a 1/2 or 3/4 ton truck. The bolt trick through the caliper ear has been around since disc brakes became common place.