How To Remove Rear Head Rests?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
So I didn't remember yesterday but I remembered today. Here are pics showing the seats leaning forward and the cords you need to pull to release the seats from the back wall. Sometimes it's hard to find them because you can't see back there, so you have to feel around for them. Definitely could have designed that better. Just pull them straight down once you locate them.
Driver side rear seat back.jpg

Passenger side seat back.jpg

Lundguya

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 1500 Laramie
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Removing the rear head rests is a simple procedure. Lift the bottom seat portion of the rear seat up a bit like you were folding it up. This angles the headrest forward allowing several inches of clearance,then squeeze the tabs and pull up on it and it’s out

OP
OP
heefageLA

heefageLA

Reaction score
Ram Year
05, 14, 17, 20, 23
So I didn't remember yesterday but I remembered today. Here are pics showing the seats leaning forward and the cords you need to pull to release the seats from the back wall. Sometimes it's hard to find them because you can't see back there, so you have to feel around for them. Definitely could have designed that better. Just pull them straight down once you locate them.

This will be the next thing to do so I can get to the subwoofer behind the seat.