How to: Removing and painting grill emblem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Waterfowler41

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
In this video I show how to remove the front emblem on your 5th gen Ram. I did this so I could dip my emblem matte black. This is a temporary solution to see how I liked the black emblems.

I love them and will probably repaint them later on.

20cc22c3013c2f2933f13df1004da433.jpg

dandanungh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2021 warlock 1500, and the letters came off just as yours did, however mine only has the plastic pins with press on retainers, no flat spring clips. so as i commented on youtube, i would strong recommend removing the entire grille to do this job; you will have to anyway to put the letters back on, and you will save the hassle of losing the press on fittings.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2021 warlock 1500, and the letters came off just as yours did, however mine only has the plastic pins with press on retainers, no flat spring clips.

That must have changed from the 4th gen to the 5th gen being that the warlock is the 4th gen. I would guess all 5th gens would have the same style as this post was based on but maybe someone else can confirm that for sure.