How to replace batter, larime 2019 1500 5.7

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wesley Kottas

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l
I have a bad cell in a frickin 2 year old RAM, 2019, Larime 5.7L. I have the post removed (both) and a battery holder on the front of the battery, bottom side, between the + and - post. There appears to be another battery holder (left to right) and cannot see what to loosen or remove. I have a whopping 5.3 volts. Stupid frickin batteries these days.

5th gen truck ... if this helps.

HELP please.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Did you pull the clamp on the engine side of the battery? That's what holds the battery in place.

OP
OP
W

Wesley Kottas

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l
yes... I pulled the clamp that is between the battery box/tray and the engine; easy .. one bolt. This clamp holds the battery from driver-to-passenger side movement. The problem is there is another clamp that hold the battery from front-to-back, on the back side of the battery (firewall side). I'm told by the stealership that this take a 'special' tool to remove that clamp, and is really easy IF you have the special tool. Well ... horse hockey .. who the heck has that? Surely there is a way to remove THAT one. Any ideas?

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Got pics of this clamp that needs the "special" tool?