How to replace ecm without having original?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

13laramie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is it even possible to get an ecm without the original. Most places you need to match up with the old one. Any help would be appreciated. 13 ram 1500 Laramie quad cab six speed.

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What do you mean without the original? You do not have a pcm at the moment ? If you need a replacement you can go to the dealer with your vin.

B250

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2L V8 MFI
What's wrong with your PCM?

These days you'll need the original PCM to transfer things like unique ID's, VINs, and mileage to the new one because of theft issues.

If you just want an operational PCM without worrying about 'stolen vehicle flags' being raised at inspection you could get one from car-part.com or eBay. Cross-check the OEM part number on the PCM to the one you are buying, though, as there as usually multiple varients depending on engine/tran specifications

Travelin Ram

Reaction score
Somewhere in NA. Probably. We travel a lot.
Ram Year
Engine
OP
OP

13laramie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks. But after towing the truck to dealer with 2 ecms one I bought off internet flashed to my vin and other from bully dog. Both were for an 8 speed transmission. So dealer ordered the correct one but not before telling it’s a $1000 bucks a back ordered a month. I asked them for the part number to see if I can found one but it doesn’t matter they said they couldn’t cancel the order not to mention it probably won’t work. FML. Could be worse I suppose