How too nremove the power mirror switch?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jessyj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Trying to remove the switch so I can put another door panel on. Thanks all.

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Removing the panel is fairly straight forward. Easier with a trim removal tool and without looking I think there's a screw behind the door handle and a panel to remove there and then pop out all the plastic trim clip and once they're out just lift up over the door lock to remove it. Could have missed something, but there's no huge trick to it so don't force anything and check any area that wont pull away for a screw that might hold it. The switch panel is just a couple clips that are easy to see once the panel is off and the wiring harness release is also a pretty simple to remove style albeit a snug fit. When I changed mine the new one didn't work properly until I disconnected.the battery to reset it. Then it worked perfect.

Reactions: Mop
OP
OP
J

jessyj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sorry I should have said I already have the panel off, but I see no way to get the mirror switch off the panel.

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Are you talking about the round peg at the top of the door panel? You just pull the knob straight off and there is a threaded ring that holds the guts in.

Reactions: Mop