How would you go about these desired mods?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RickH

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Responding to BillyW in his post #20, I agree that the horn response is far more upsetting than the lack of throttle response for me. My size 12 just pushes a little harder and my 2011 vintage, 94K mile 5.7 wakes right up and gives me what I want. The horn, on the other hand requires a substantial push to operate and giving somebody a "beep" Hello comes out as a "BEEP" wake-up! Just my thoughts! Keep smiling my friends. Everyone else is jealous!

OP
OP
billyw

billyw

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
For clarification, here's a daily scenario: I commute on an interstate. The ebb and flow of traffic is such that speed may change from 70 mph to 55 to 75 to 65, etc. If I'm not keeping up and maintaining my distance, I inevitably will get cut off by a jack-*** who just has to be in the passing lane while constantly distracted by his phone. My temperament doesn't do well with that crap. To avoid that, the gas pedal is used. It would be nice if it would respond to gentle pressure without me having to mash it and lurch forward.

NJMOPAR

Older and faster
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
I run my PC on Sport+ on 3.
So far I've gone head to head against 3 other Rams like mine (CC Hemi 4x4) and each one I was at the next light waiting for them to get there.
Couldn't be happier.

Adam E

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Pedal Commander will eliminate throttle lag instantly. Try Sport on 2 and get ready to smile.
You can disable MDS temporarily with tow/haul but that also changes your shift points.
I'd use the +/- button to put it in 8th, still disables MDS but trans shifts normal.

"...Sport on 2 and get ready to smile."

He speaks the truth :)

I recommend the Pedal Commander and Gear +/- set to 8.
Ever since I went to 35s I "feel" like I get better MPG with MDS off.

big daddys house

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Finally, I thought it was just me...LOL. I tried doing this and had no effect and just thought it was my truck or doing something wrong.
No Wes, your truck is just fine. It's a common misconception. I know I'm about to get some serious hate mail for saying this but..... the six-speed transmission guys are just jealous that the much better eight-speed transmission can handle MDS with tow haul on...... Lol[emoji12]
I had to say it! Lol. I hate MDS no matter what transmission it's attached to

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

slbenz600

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 L
I am a Mopar owner I have a 2015 Ram 2500 with the 6.4 L Hemi. Everything is stock for know, it tow’s really well fuel mileage on the monitor -3 mpg elevation changes of around 2000 ft I can drive 80 miles on a tank of gas.
I was following an F150 5.0L on the freeway and couldn’t keep up with him, the Ford has 395 hp and my Ram 410 hp.

what is going on with these new Hemi’s how come they are such dogs and why is the mileage so shifty, why no go?.

I have had Hemi’s for years from the 252 to the 392 they were carbureted but they were hot and got great fuel mileage. What the hell has Ram done to ruin such a great motor ?

FranksterX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I had same issues with freeway driving, and when cutting between traffic to turn onto a side street was down right dangerous with the lag, pedal commander was my solution, hearing that there’s horror stories, now I wanna know, but zero regrets. Best first purchase I made for my truck, BUT, now I’m getting custom tune, Maybe map out your overall plans, switching to manual gear is easy habit to start and pedal lag/pedal commander is cheapest solution, that I knew of 3 years ago.

NOV87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I' ve been using Pedal Commander for over a year. Never any issues, works as advertised. So far that has been the greatest improvement to driveability. Instant response as soon as you press the gas pedal. And no, it's not the same as pressing the pedal hard. I was sceptical about it too, until I tried it myself.
As far as "horror stories" mentioned in this forum, I have heard horror stories about RAMs in general. Doesn't mean they're a common thing. Sounds more like an operator error :).One can find horror stories about anything nowadays. As a rule of thumb, don't change settings while driving, that may give you issues. Also, Eco setting (in PC) more often than not will give you problems. Why would anyone even use it?

big daddys house

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Here's the Amazon link for it. I think it was $300.
PEDAL COMMANDER: https://amzn.to/3mW2yin
And it literally takes 5 minutes to put it in. I have a video on YouTube for that too.
Happy modding!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk