Hp tuner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brian Kormos

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 1500 Laramie 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Putting a cam (comp cam) in my 2011 1500 laramie. I am looking to see if anyone has done this and did their own tuning or a list of contacts who could help with the Tune. I don't have access to a Dyno. Is this going to be an issue? I have done a 5.7 cam and lifters before on a different truck so I am comfortable with the mechanical side of this. Tuning is something brand new to me. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I did a search in this and came up empty so if this is already been addressed please point me in the right direction.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Putting a cam (comp cam) in my 2011 1500 laramie. I am looking to see if anyone has done this and did their own tuning or a list of contacts who could help with the Tune. I don't have access to a Dyno. Is this going to be an issue? I have done a 5.7 cam and lifters before on a different truck so I am comfortable with the mechanical side of this. Tuning is something brand new to me. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I did a search in this and came up empty so if this is already been addressed please point me in the right direction.
Join the HP tuners forum if you want to try tuning it yourself.

OP
OP
B

Brian Kormos

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 1500 Laramie 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I am a member there. That forum is a little overwhelming I haven't seen anything for beginners there that starts with the basics. It's all questions for people who are running into issues.

Is discussing tunes on this site against the rules or something?

There are a lot of posts mentioning hp tuners but not a lot of info or discussion.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I am a member there. That forum is a little overwhelming I haven't seen anything for beginners there that starts with the basics. It's all questions for people who are running into issues.

Is discussing tunes on this site against the rules or something?

There are a lot of posts mentioning hp tuners but not a lot of info or discussion.
I don't think discussing tunes is a no-no,but finding somebody to help you might be a bit tough.
Not many tuners on here as far as i know,you might have more luck on the hi-po facebook pages.
Be forewarned though,alot of tuners aren't overly fond of sharing their secrets.
You'd probably have better luck on HP's forum ,asking questions and letting guys know you're wanting to learn how to tune your truck yourself,it'd at least be a start.
I'm pretty sure there are online courses you can sign up for,but as far as i know they aren't exactly cheap

Last edited:

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
There's a good HP tuner in Edmonton that does remote HP tunes,but you can also check out some of the US based HP tuners,as most do remote tuning.Chris at Player 3 performance in Edmonton tunes all my stuff,and he's good.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I reached out to Chris and told him you sent me. Thanks.
He's been tuning my stuff ever since HP started supporting FCA products.He's the only reason my truck and the wifes 1320 run as fast as they do.I got sucked into trying out the big name Texas truck tuner,even after a bunch of revisions,he wasn't even close to what Chris was getting out of my truck,plus the truck drove way nicer with Chris's tune.