Hummer OEM 35", 37" capable vs PW @ 33".

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
G

Grand Mesa

Reaction score
https://www.saferemr.com/2014/07/shouldnt-hybrid-and-electric-cars-be-re.html

Monday, August 10, 2020

Hybrid and electric cars may be cancer-causing as they emit extremely low frequency (ELF) electromagnetic fields (EMF). Recent studies of the EMF emitted by these automobiles have claimed either that they pose a cancer risk for the vehicles' occupants or that they are safe.
Unfortunately, much of the research conducted on this issue has been industry-funded by companies with vested interests on one side of the issue or the other which makes it difficult to know which studies are trustworthy.

Last edited:

danoday

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have zero interest in any EV vehicle. When hospitals, bank alarms and commercial airplanes switch to stored energy I will consider it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
G

Grand Mesa

Reaction score
I too have zero interest in EV vehicles. Just not for folks whom live rural far from any charging station.

Last edited:

Overlander

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 75th Aniv Build #0006
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I have zero interest in any EV vehicle. When hospitals, bank alarms and commercial airplanes switch to stored energy I will consider it.

I too have zero interest in EV vehicles. Just not for folks whom live rural far from any charging station.

I have mixed feelings. The off road potential is really incredible. Range, of course, is the killer app right now. As next-gen batteries come to fruiting, the charging grid gets standardized and as common place as a gas station the arguments against become fewer. Regardless, it's coming, like it or not.

I think the real question is how punitive laws will become for fuel burners. Will old-school V8s become a precious commodity or will they be restricted/taxed/or otherwise shunned into being useless modes of transportation.

I thought this was a descent perspective on it all:

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

Grand Mesa

Reaction score
I took these photos in August of 2020 near Abraham, Utah of an abandoned solar array farm left to rot on the landscape. 20200926_135643.jpg Hopefully, the huge amount of renewable energy required to power up the EV's batteries won't be left rusting in place when they too eventually wear out and/or become obsolete.20200926_135657.jpg

Big Cheddar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 PW
Engine
6.4 Liter Hemi
Doesn’t anyone remember about the warnings about cell phones giving people tumors in the faces, jaws, ears and wear the carried it on their body. I’m not an alarmists or conspiracy theorist but come on people there’s truth in all this. And besides we all know Researchers in long white Lab coats give animals cancer! I’ll take an Old Dodge over a new Chevy and screw Ford trucks never ever entertained having one. Look at all the hoops Ford is going through to stay relevant, New Ford Bronco, whoopie’, no mare cars being produced except the Ford Mustang and that ugly as hell Mach E 4 door electric Mustang crossover.
Everyone wants a bite from Dodge and Jeep because they are dominating in real world 4x4 and SUV’s. I’m just hoping Ram brings back the Ramcharger in a full size 2 amd 4 door model.
Well said MoPowered !
The biggest reasons . I went with Ram & the Power Wagon in Particular : 3/4 ton Truck Straight Axle 9 1/4" Front end. 11 1/2" Rear end , Lockers on Both ends, Disconnecting Sway Bar, Winch, and the fact that I can put on 35" Tires with zero Modification. I took some crap from my fellow GM Pals, and my Wife. When I made the Switch. One of them asked me. Why I bought the Fiat Ram ?
I said easy. It's a 3/4 ton with solid Axle Front end , lockers a Winch ETC. I Waited Decades for GM to Reintroduce a Solid Axle Front end. They haven't, and won't. GM doesn't build the Truck I want. Ram Does ! I too am not a Ford guy. No problem with anyone who is. To each their own.

MoPowered

Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well said MoPowered !
The biggest reasons . I went with Ram & the Power Wagon in Particular : 3/4 ton Truck Straight Axle 9 1/4" Front end. 11 1/2" Rear end , Lockers on Both ends, Disconnecting Sway Bar, Winch, and the fact that I can put on 35" Tires with zero Modification. I took some crap from my fellow GM Pals, and my Wife. When I made the Switch. One of them asked me. Why I bought the Fiat Ram ?
I said easy. It's a 3/4 ton with solid Axle Front end , lockers a Winch ETC. I Waited Decades for GM to Reintroduce a Solid Axle Front end. They haven't, and won't. GM doesn't build the Truck I want. Ram Does ! I too am not a Ford guy. No problem with anyone who is. To each their own.

Well, like I tell all my Hater’s if you really know what a truck is made to do and if you really knew how to use it you would’ve bought a Power Wagon. Since you don’t and can’t, sit down and shut up. Lol.
It’s funny that your Wife even wanted to break balls, I’d put her in the back seat for a bit since she talked trash, lol. Boy that wouldn’t go over at all would it?
It’s funny we’ve been a Mopar Family since My Grandfather taught me how to work on his 66 Dart GT. My Father in Law was also a big Mopar guy and when we went and picked up the Power Wagon my Wife told our kids, “Well, your Father bought another truck and it looks like they made it just for him”.
What she meant was that she was hoping I didn’t have to do any mods to it like everything else I’ve owned, little did she know, lol.

crazy jerry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well said MoPowered !

torsion bar ifs is the very worst drive system for a offroad 4x4 rig. coil over ifs is better but what you really want is heavy duty beam drive axles

Overlander

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
torsion bar ifs is the very worst drive system for a offroad 4x4 rig. coil over ifs is better but what you really want is heavy duty beam drive axles

If the debate is between IFS and SFA that's one thing, but torsion bars can be made to work very well and can be more space efficient. They also have the advantage of ease of adjustment (preload), similar to a coil over, where you can very precisely dial in your lift for each corner.

OP
OP
G

Grand Mesa

Reaction score
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2018/08/180801093718.htm

I wonder what the "coldest conditions" temperatures were in the above research which took them 3 times longer to charge an EV than at warmer temperatures. Per their study their lowest was 15 degrees Fahrenheit. That's a normal Fall weather morning low temperature in this area.

So instead of 8 hours to fully charge, it could take it 24 hours in cold. It would also cost 3 times as much to charge it, only to be able to drive it about 1/2 the distance due to the battery capacity diminishes when its cold. Even less distance if you run the heater, defrost, wipers, drive in snow, and use 4 wheel drive while towing.

Yes, this isn't what I need to drive through South Park, Colorado in January temperatures of...

1d3b969b-1128-4be9-8732-5b31acc3cc66_1140x641.png

I'll stick with my Power Wagon.

Last edited:

Overlander

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Battleborn batteries now have build-in heaters to keep the batts in the 'happy' range. This technology is rapidly evolving, they'll get it sorted out. Though I'm sure it will follow the 80/20 rule and exceptions far out on the standard deviation curve won't be the first to be solved. But know this: we'll all be driving EV's in the future. Embrace it, it's coming. Remember that everyone hated emissions in the 70's because, frankly, it sucked. But it also ushered in EFI and OBD-II which has greatly improved performance, fuel economy, and emissions. We just had to suffer through the pain for a while to get there.

danoday

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It is not even remotely possible under the current infrastructure to replace a third of the vehicles on the road today. The west coast can barely support its electrical grid demand in the summer months, let alone plug in an additional few million EV's at 5pm every day. We are many decades away from an all EV environment. Just my
.02 worth

OP
OP
G

Grand Mesa

Reaction score
It is not even remotely possible under the current infrastructure to replace a third of the vehicles on the road today. The west coast can barely support its electrical grid demand in the summer months, let alone plug in an additional few million EV's at 5pm every day. We are many decades away from an all EV environment. Just my
.02 worth

My 2 cents...

Scotts26

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
There goes my trust with the election results too.
Well A lot of people seem to believe everything they see on internet,watch on TV and that gets spewed out of the pie hole of their favorite talking head so you never know.