Hunterdan's 2019 Classic CCLB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hunterdan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just picked up a 2019 crew cab long bed (6'4"). Going to be a mild build, and upgrade as things need done.
20201104_134317.jpg
So far, I've added the tonneau cover that came off my tundra. It fits, its slightly long, but works for now. I've got a line on a set of steps that I'm going to refinish and put on for the kids and wife to be. I already ordered a set of alpharex headlights. I had upgraded my tundra to a set of oem led headlights and going back to the halogens on the ram sucks.
Future plans include exhaust, vararam, tires, pedal commander, tint, led bulbs and spray in bed liner. No particular order, just as needs arise and/or funds allow.

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Nice list that you’ve put together and that sucks about losing out on those headlights.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
OP
hunterdan

hunterdan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Got the alpharex headlights installed. Still have to do some tweaking to the aiming, may switch out the low beams to something else too. I also added a tyger roll up tonneau cover. I was originally using the gator trifold that was on my tundra, but one of the hinges broke and was actually about 2" too long. So, I'll replace the hinge and sell it to recoup some funds and upgrade something else. Was also given a set of oem steps from a buddy of mine. Just had to install the hardware kit. I may end up swapping those out for the nfab style at some point. The oem just hang too low for my liking, but free is free and the fiancé isn't complaining about the height anymore.
20201114_143309.jpg

PoMansRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Love it! Was it new? Ex-rental?

I do wish my 2019 classic had the long bed. I've already run into instances where my shorty wasn't quite enough.. The truck bed that is...

Plus I would have been able to re-use the tonneau and bed mat my 2017 quad cab had!

OP
OP
hunterdan

hunterdan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Love it! Was it new? Ex-rental?

I do wish my 2019 classic had the long bed. I've already run into instances where my shorty wasn't quite enough.. The truck bed that is...

Plus I would have been able to re-use the tonneau and bed mat my 2017 quad cab had!
Yeah apparently it was a rental at some point. But it seems pretty well-maintained.

PoMansRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Yeah apparently it was a rental at some point. But it seems pretty well-maintained.

I've bought quite a few ex-rentals at this point. Saved a ton and have never had an issue. You just have to look them over. You can generally tell right away by interior and exterior wear how she was treated and ideally, you want it to have the factory tires still on it. If all those are good, you've got a good one. My 2019 classic was an ex-rental.

OP
OP
hunterdan

hunterdan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Last Friday Moe's was having a sale on their carven progressive mufflers for the 4th gens, so I couldn't pass the deal up. Ordered on Friday, came in on Monday. Installed it yesterday morning. Happy with the sound so far. I'll have to get a good video uploaded on YouTube here soon.

OP
OP
hunterdan

hunterdan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I've bought quite a few ex-rentals at this point. Saved a ton and have never had an issue. You just have to look them over. You can generally tell right away by interior and exterior wear how she was treated and ideally, you want it to have the factory tires still on it. If all those are good, you've got a good one. My 2019 classic was an ex-rental.
It had factory tires on the front, they replaced the rear tires with new sr-a's.

PoMansRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
The rears do wear crazy fast on the 1500s, especially in 20" size. My SLT has the 17s which seem to last a bit longer having more sidewall give.

OP
OP
hunterdan

hunterdan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Picked up some stuff for the truck. I'm back to the quad housings as I wasn't a huge fan of the alpharex lights. They looked great, but the projector life wasn't for me. I may however give the factory projectors a shot if I ever score a good deal on them.
So, currently, it's quad housings with 55w hid low beam. I've got a set of leds for the high beams ready to go, along with led turn signals. I also got in led rear turn signal bulbs, license plate lights, and cargo light bulbs. I picked up a cheap cold air intake off a local member as well as some rear coil spacers. I also picked up a set of front strut spacers off a Facebook group member. The strut spacers will need cleaned up, but shouldn't be a problem with the sandblaster at work.
I'm waiting on the rainy weather to break before I dig into the headlights, but thinking I'll install the 9 drive throttle controller I picked up. So, I've got the makings of a budget leveling kit with the plans to pull the spacers out in a year or so.

OP
OP
hunterdan

hunterdan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Swapped the grille inserts yesterday. Was stupid easy and took about 5 minutes per grille. Went from the chrome slats to the black honeycomb. 20210109_144721.jpg 20210224_101208.jpg

OP
OP
hunterdan

hunterdan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Cleaned the truck up this weekend. I'd say it's looking pretty good. Could use a good paint correction to get rid of all the little scratches, but it shined up pretty good.
20210314_133924.jpg 20210314_133912.jpg

OP
OP
hunterdan

hunterdan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Rough country n3 2" leveling coilovers on the front and maxtrac 1.5" rear coil spacers. Next up will be a set of tires and I think the exterior will be done. 20210410_141901~2.jpg 20210410_140951.jpg

OP
OP
hunterdan

hunterdan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Finally got around to polishing up the paint. Picked up a torq RO polisher kit off Amazon a few weeks ago with some chemical guys vss and some adams sealant. Came out pretty good. Probably need a slightly more aggressive pad to get rid of some of the deeper scratches. 20210417_152352.jpg 20210417_152406.jpg

OP
OP
hunterdan

hunterdan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So, ended up ordering a set of the oem style projector headlights from alpharex. I really wanted this style to begin with, but had heard mixed reviews. Happy to say that I'm very happy with them thus far and wish I would have ordered them in the first place instead of the g2 pro's. My retrofits were nice and all, but I preferred the look of the oem projectors. They just look cleaner to me. That said, these are the polished black version and they look amazing. Output with the hylux 45w hid lows is pretty damn clean, plenty of throw, pretty wide (not as wide as the retros, but maybe a further throw). High beam output with the halogen (upgraded to 100w Hella bulb temporarily) was absolutely pitiful. That 100w bulb was worthless. I had an h1 led bulb ready to go, but needed (atleast I thought) a pigtail to ground the harness to the housing. Once I made the pigtails I plugged them in and installed them, but still no power to the high beam led. The h1 bulb grounds to the plug, so I had to slide the spade terminal into the side of the plug. I'm going to get a crimp on wire tap for a more "permanent" solution. The led h1 high beam greatly increased lighting output and the lighting doesn't feel inadequate now. 20210507_080540.jpg 20210503_103037.jpg 20210505_223324.jpg 20210505_223321.jpg