HVAC issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John_H

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a 2013, 2500 w/ 5.7. Dual zone climate controls. The problem started with lukewarm heat out of the drivers side vents. I replaced the three easily assessable actuators (2 behind the radio and 1 behind the glove box). I visualized the recirculating door work so I didn’t change that actuator After install all was working as intended. I got back in the truck a few hours later and all I get is air coming from the floor vents. The controls on the screen appear to function but it doesn’t change where the air comes from.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Try this, the HVAC system usually has 3 knobs on the dashboard

turn ignition ON, do not start
Press the HVAC knob on the Left for 10 seconds, release, then press for 10 seconds, release

To see if that resets the actuators, try watching the actuator under the glove boxes, you should be able to see that actuator arm moving.
If it does move, the reset worked & you should have heat on both sides of the cab.

If it did not work, try 10 second press, 4 second release, 10 second press

I just read about this Reset recently, i wish i knew it several years ago, i could have help so many people troubleshoot

ifrroadguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I have a 2013, 2500 w/ 5.7. Dual zone climate controls. The problem started with lukewarm heat out of the drivers side vents. I replaced the three easily assessable actuators (2 behind the radio and 1 behind the glove box). I visualized the recirculating door work so I didn’t change that actuator After install all was working as intended. I got back in the truck a few hours later and all I get is air coming from the floor vents. The controls on the screen appear to function but it doesn’t change where the air comes from.
My 2016 Laramie just started doing the same, cool air out the driver vents and mildly warm air out the passenger vents. After removing the dash center stack, I can verify the two actuators there seem to be working.

I was unable to affect a recalibration as my controls are a single button/knob that turns on/off the HVAC, adjusts fan speed and toggles "auto mode".

Did you have any luck? and what did you do?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963