HVAC leaking ac condensate onto floor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Earl Zeis

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L
Hello,
My 2018 Ram 3500 tradesman is leaking ac condensate from the HVAC box onto the passenger side floor. I cleaned the drain with zip ties and then compressed air. My guess is the box is cracked or not sealed. No idea how long it's been going on. Slush mat hid the wet carpet. Is this a common issue? I have the max care warranty that should cover it. Just dreading the dealer removing my dash.

Thanks,
Earl

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
On older models, this would happen while the truck was in motion. The water in the drain was blown back into the cab because the opening was pointed into the wind. The DIY fix was to add a properly sized, somewhat rigid (to avoid kinks), downward facing hose to give the water a path out of the drain with less air resistance.

OP
OP
Earl Zeis

Earl Zeis

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L
Found the issue. A mouse chewed a hole into the condensate pan right at the evap core on the left side. So the water runs straight out the hole and not the drain. I patched it with patch tape and silicone. Will see if it leaks after a couple days of curing time. Apparently the mouse got stuck in the truck and chewed into the condensate pan for water. Then later died somewhere inside the HVAC box. Lovely. Currently waiting on the little sob's corpse to break down and stop stinking. Can't use the HVAC system or I gag. Good times. Got a 40.00 odor eliminator fogger to setoff in the truck once he stops stinking.

Earl

mk0612

Reaction score
Ram Year
Hello All,

I'm new to this forum but have an issue with my HVAC leaking ac condensate onto floor.

Can someone help me find the condensation drain line?

I though it was on the passenger side right under the HVAC unit but it does not seem to be there any help would be appreciated.

I have a RAM 2018 1500 Tradesman.

Thanks

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Hello All,

I'm new to this forum but have an issue with my HVAC leaking ac condensate onto floor.

Can someone help me find the condensation drain line?

I though it was on the passenger side right under the HVAC unit but it does not seem to be there any help would be appreciated.

I have a RAM 2018 1500 Tradesman.

Thanks
Should be in the passenger side if the engine bay at the firewall. If it's clear, you can add a short length of tubing to try and direct condensate down and away from the firewall and keep wind from blowing condensate back into the drain at highway speeds.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radikio