HVAC problem with UAS upgrade in '18 truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sdpadrez

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Has anyone experienced any issues in installing a used 68366552AA HVAC when upgrading to the 8.4 UAS?

Keith1316

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Diesel
Hi! I’m having the same issue after upgrading to the 8.4 UAQ Radio. I’m going to try changing the module like you did and see if it fixes it! I really appreciate all the help in these threads!

cdwright25

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I did the 18+ uconnect upgrade on my 2013 Ram 2500 Laramie Longhorn. I have dual zone automatic temperature control and I am having issues with the HVAC temperature settings not staying. IE: Drag the temperature to 76 degrees, the slider then jumps to low. I have replaced the HVAC control module with part number 68366552AA. I unplugged my batteries and when I hooked them back up, it was working normally, able to change both temperatures and they stayed. Truck sat overnight and now I'm back in the same boat.

Cool_Hand_Luke

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi guys,

I read all 19 pages of this thread. My issue started when I wanted to get CarPlay. My truck is 2013 RAM 1500 Big Horn with 8.4” Uconnect and single zone MTC ( with SXM) I’m in Canada btw.
I got a hold of used 2018 radio with NAv out of 2018 RAM ( Panasonic).
I connected the radio and I saw dual temp slider on the screen but I knew I had to leave it for a while for BCM to sync with the radio. Next day it reverted back to my single zone and all was well except the temp control issue like everyone else on this forum. I picked up used hvac module 552A but this didn’t fix anything. I tried to set to BCM to dual zone auto and then single zone and so no results ( I might repeat steps again just to confirm I’m doing things right) but that didn’t fix anything. Today I read this thread and there is hope for me to get back controls by converting to single zone ATC so,
I picked up temp sensor and humidity sensor out of 2019 RAM 1500. Just waiting for m2mods to email me back with what I need to get it working. ( I wonder if harness was run to any sensors).

On a separate note, like someone mentioned here, my temp on radio is stuck in Fahrenheit while on Evic is in Celsius and everything else is metric.
Thank you Mpgrimm2 and others for diagnosis and coming up with solution to this problem.

Attachments

• IMG_8017.jpeg
    IMG_8017.jpeg
    66.6 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_8046.jpeg
    IMG_8046.jpeg
    97.4 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_7980.jpeg
    IMG_7980.jpeg
    105.3 KB · Views: 2

Cool_Hand_Luke

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi! I’m having the same issue after upgrading to the 8.4 UAQ Radio. I’m going to try changing the module like you did and see if it fixes it! I really appreciate all the help in these threads!
Keep us posted. I’m curious to find out.

Cool_Hand_Luke

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Did this work for you? I seem to be having the same issue on my 2013 with UAQ. Also the outside temp on the radio is stuck in Celsius.
Did you find the solution? I have same but inverted issue. My truck is all metric, but when I swapped my radio, the temp was in Fahrenheit.

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Hi guys,

I read all 19 pages of this thread. My issue started when I wanted to get CarPlay. My truck is 2013 RAM 1500 Big Horn with 8.4” Uconnect and single zone MTC ( with SXM) I’m in Canada btw.
I got a hold of used 2018 radio with NAv out of 2018 RAM ( Panasonic).
I connected the radio and I saw dual temp slider on the screen but I knew I had to leave it for a while for BCM to sync with the radio. Next day it reverted back to my single zone and all was well except the temp control issue like everyone else on this forum. I picked up used hvac module 552A but this didn’t fix anything. I tried to set to BCM to dual zone auto and then single zone and so no results ( I might repeat steps again just to confirm I’m doing things right) but that didn’t fix anything. Today I read this thread and there is hope for me to get back controls by converting to single zone ATC so,
I picked up temp sensor and humidity sensor out of 2019 RAM 1500. Just waiting for m2mods to email me back with what I need to get it working. ( I wonder if harness was run to any sensors).

On a separate note, like someone mentioned here, my temp on radio is stuck in Fahrenheit while on Evic is in Celsius and everything else is metric.
Thank you Mpgrimm2 and others for diagnosis and coming up with solution to this problem.

Adam P. ? ... Your submission ended up in junk mail... Catching up on emails... will reply later this evening.

Cool_Hand_Luke

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Adam P. ? ... Your submission ended up in junk mail... Catching up on emails... will reply later this evening.
Sorry, I filled the the form online. Not sure why it went to spam folder. I think I posted more info on here than i wrote in the email. I guess I’m looking for a harness that will convert my single zone MTC to single zone ATC. I have temp and humidity sensors bought and ready to go.