HVAC stuck on Floor Board

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scott D

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Trying to Diagnose my HVAC System. It seems to be stuck blowing on the floor. I do get heat and cold air just 95% of it coming out of the floor. I took the control switches out and seemed to hear suction. I think its called a actuators that im seeing move. There is one thats behind the cup holder closest to the floor in the center that i dont see move when i switch the controls. Limited on the knowledge here. Any suggestions to start to diagnose? on the outside i see a small hose that goes across my engine and links up to my battery thats clipped for some reason...

2001 Ram 1500 5.9L

Dodge 1500 4X4

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is that a vacuum hose going to anything if not supply it vacuum, your actuators and blend door are vacuum operated, Maybe one of the actuators are bad, or blend door actuator.

Austin-591500

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 x2
Engine
5.9 Magnum, 5.9 24v Cummins Turbo Diesel
check blower motor transistior, might be called something different but mine did the same thing

MIchael JV

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel Cummins 24 Valve
I had a problem with blower only blowing out the top (defrost) and cruise control not working, found vacuum leak repaired same everything is working as it should