Hyper flashing LED Signals Only with Headlights on?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ellis32198

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 3500 DRW
Engine
Cummins 6.7 L T-Diesel
Hey! I know this subject has been exhaustively discussed over the years, but I have not been able to confirm the next step for a solution.

What I understand about retrofitting turn signals with LEDs:
- Obtain and utilize AlfaOBD to designate low impedance bulbs, or
- Use inline resistors to equalize impedance on the circuit(s)

For my application, since I don't have Windows or Android-based anything to use for AlfaOBD, I went with the inline resistors. All signals work great until the headlights come on (either auto or manual), then hyper flashing begins again. Returns to normal flash shortly after headlights off.

Does this mean a second inline resistor is needed for each rear circuit on the ground and second wire?

Thanks in advance.

hunterdan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hey! I know this subject has been exhaustively discussed over the years, but I have not been able to confirm the next step for a solution.

What I understand about retrofitting turn signals with LEDs:
- Obtain and utilize AlfaOBD to designate low impedance bulbs, or
- Use inline resistors to equalize impedance on the circuit(s)

For my application, since I don't have Windows or Android-based anything to use for AlfaOBD, I went with the inline resistors. All signals work great until the headlights come on (either auto or manual), then hyper flashing begins again. Returns to normal flash shortly after headlights off.

Does this mean a second inline resistor is needed for each rear circuit on the ground and second wire?

Thanks in advance.
Yes, you'll need a resistor for the high and low portion of a dual filament turn signal bulb.

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
Are you dealing with only changing LED's in the front or has the rear been changed also?

OP
OP
Ellis32198

Ellis32198

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 3500 DRW
Engine
Cummins 6.7 L T-Diesel
Are you dealing with only changing LED's in the front or has the rear been changed also?
Both front and rear have been changed. Front LEDs came with a single resistor for each and installed. Rear LEDs did not have resistors accompany them, but I purchased and installed a single resistor for each side.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2023RamWarlock