I’m hoping this is the right spot. It’s brake time. Caliper question.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It’s time to replace the pads I really like the power stop pads and rotors. That’s what I’ll be getting. What aftermarket caliper are you using? That cross drilled rotor needs good caliper behind it IMO. I don’t want to break the bank. It’s at that point in my rams life to look into it. I live in a high traffic area. I’d like to stop on a dime like my Charger does. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Tray Burge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I've been running stock calipers with dimpled/slotted rotors with ceramic blended pads for years and wouldn't run anything different.
Asbestos blend is cheap, not the best braking and spits out a tone of dust. Ran those first.
Carbon fiber blend stop the best, but spits out more dust than asbestos blend. Ran those second, couldn't live with all the dust.
Ceramic blend, stops almost as good as the carbon fiber's, but the least dust of any of them. My go to pads now.
IMG_0526.JPG IMG_0527.JPG

Last edited:

Glen OS

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I put the PowerStop calipers on. Price difference wasn't that big. Got everything through Rock Auto, they had the best pricing.

Last edited:

Gtonram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Hotd
Just put Powerstop z36 on couple months ago around 85,000 front caliper was sticking probaly would of got another 20,000 plus miles on factory ones, well I just changed the front calipers then,and I bought napa calipers well the other day my rear caliper stuck so I guess I'm going to get napa for the back too,didnt realize caliper was stuck originally or I would of got the whole powerstop set up

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I have searched a lot , all remanufactured are the same sticking type factory style. Raybestoes makes a BRAND NEW not mopar binding type. They are the only different ones I could find . Prices are good ,and there is not any core charge or return needed.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
I had to replace one caliper it was sticking, I bought the cheapest one I could find on amazon, has 30k miles on it now no issues. It was r1 concepts 60 dollar caliper, lol. Shows not available right now, who knows what it would cost now? Plus no core fee, lol. I was like, ok I ask no questions, I'll take it.