I added the Eibach pro lift to my Zone 6” lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
F172F17A-7D21-4FEF-BCB1-E5AB4A2CE106.jpeg 1913A9B2-56F6-4B67-B507-C0550FF4C8C5.jpeg C6F19EF3-BAC0-487A-B41F-AFC33AD0217D.jpeg D2526D67-72CC-44C6-8ED8-546CDE79BC09.jpeg So in an exhausting extensive research extravaganza I decided that I would be the guinnepig and try this new set up out. If you noticed any of my other posts I had quick struts on my 2012 1500 4x4 that I purchased used so I can not compare to a stock ride. The eibach coils are absolutely amazing and I will continue to post as my build is still a work in progress. Currently I am 1” nose high so I am researching what I should do in the rear. (Leaning toward 1.5” rear coil spacer) I do like how JB1 did the procomp brackets on his BDS lift and I may copy that idea before I add a spacer to the rear.
The settings I went with on my eibach struts was the 2nd groove with the eibach spring they are calling that 3.5” the lowest setting is 2.75”

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Damn 3.5” lift?... it sure looks tall

I’m glad someone took a leap of faith and tried these out, they look great. Any issues getting aligned?

OP
OP
Quick_Shifter

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
I haven’t gone for alignment yet. So I can’t answer that yet. I have room in the slots on both sides of the lower control arm bolts so I don’t anticipate any issues. I don’t have jack stands tall enough to drop the rear to install rear coil spacers so I planned on doing the alaignment the day I go use a lift. Did you happen to measure before and after when you swapped the bds bracket to the procomp? Just curious

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
Looks awesome! I've been researching this kit myself and was planning on trying it out but you beat me to it! Keep us up to speed on how these coils work out! I'm hoping to have enough spare cash to get the full kit from them next month but winter is coming and my house is eating all my fun money right now. It's still gotta ride much better than those quick struts!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I haven’t gone for alignment yet. So I can’t answer that yet. I have room in the slots on both sides of the lower control arm bolts so I don’t anticipate any issues. I don’t have jack stands tall enough to drop the rear to install rear coil spacers so I planned on doing the alaignment the day I go use a lift. Did you happen to measure before and after when you swapped the bds bracket to the procomp? Just curious

The procomp rear control arm bracket doesn’t give any lift, it just corrects the control arm angles and eliminates axle wrap. The rear box kit did include the procomp lower coil spacers but those are 4.5” of lift. I didn’t use any of that

OP
OP
Quick_Shifter

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Will keep the project updated on here. And yes the ride is night and day over the quick struts.

OP
OP
Quick_Shifter

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
The procomp rear control arm bracket doesn’t give any lift, it just corrects the control arm angles and eliminates axle wrap. The rear box kit did include the procomp lower coil spacers but those are 4.5” of lift. I didn’t use any of that
Thank you. I figured there was no diffence but can’t hurt to ask. I’m thinking of the 1.5” or the 2” rear coil spacer as the rear is exactly 1” low right now. but looks a lot lower and has a mini Cali lean or pro runner look to it.

OP
OP
Quick_Shifter

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
I talked with the eibach rep on the phone for a good 45 minutes drilling questions. I have had great experiences with their coils in the past and I was confident they would provide a great spring. Their approach to the shocks/struts is if you want it built right build it yourself. They also offer the million mile warranty so that swayed my decision. I had Bilsteins on my ford Excursion and wanted to play the field a little more. With everyone running them on this forum I know with certainty I can always grab a pair and know they’ll work.
The rep did tell me the fronts come assembled in the kit but they don’t assemble when you just order the parts. I ended up ordering from car id and their rep assured me the lower spring cup came with it as pictued. They did not as I suspected because the eibach directions state re use factory. But my plan was to assemble them prior to installing

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
I grilled them quite a bit when I called. But was on line with a guy who had limited info available. He was super awesome and willing to put me on hold and get answers but after a bit that became a bit of a pain since I didn't wanna be on the phone for hours. I like you have been looking at alternative choices put of curiosity instead of the run of the mill kits. I never even asked about them coming preassembled, that's super helpful to know, I'll order them direct from them.if that's the case and avoid that hassle of getting them assembled. Plus they are made in USA. Glad that they are a quality alternative so far! I log serious miles annually so I'm hoping they stand up to daily abuse.
I talked with the eibach rep on the phone for a good 45 minutes drilling questions. I have had great experiences with their coils in the past and I was confident they would provide a great spring. Their approach to the shocks/struts is if you want it built right build it yourself. They also offer the million mile warranty so that swayed my decision. I had Bilsteins on my ford Excursion and wanted to play the field a little more. With everyone running them on this forum I know with certainty I can always grab a pair and know they’ll work.
The rep did tell me the fronts come assembled in the kit but they don’t assemble when you just order the parts. I ended up ordering from car id and their rep assured me the lower spring cup came with it as pictued. They did not as I suspected because the eibach directions state re use factory. But my plan was to assemble them prior to installing

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

rwhjr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So the truck has a 6” lift and Eibachs set at 3.5” additional lift?

I like how high the front sits and I’m looking forward to final pics after the back comes up more to get rid of some of the squat. What size are the tires in the above pictures?

OP
OP
Quick_Shifter

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7

I like how high the front sits and I’m looking forward to final pics after the back comes up more to get rid of some of the squat. What size are the tires in the above pictures?
20” wheel 35” tire. They did shrink quite a bit with the lift

OP
OP
Quick_Shifter

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
4F885C83-952C-4AA1-B4FF-726C1E5E4678.jpeg 7FA14596-D57B-44EB-B3F6-6AA01952733C.jpeg 3D059B4B-3D6E-400F-AF8D-45EFE8734F50.jpeg 90F0230D-3F4F-4F65-90D3-FDDF2DE4044A.jpegHere are some angles before the eibach these are the quick struts with the zone lift.

OP
OP
Quick_Shifter

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Reactions: JB1
OP
OP
Quick_Shifter

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
It looks good. I like it and it’s making me consider getting the Eibachs

How are the CV angles and upper arm angles with them at 3.5”?
First post I have my cv and uca angles. I will get some better ones today

rwhjr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
First post I have my cv and uca angles. I will get some better ones today
The truck looks great. My only concern is if I go with Eibachs what I’ll do to the rear to keep my stance.

If I go Eibachs at 3.5 I’ll be sitting 2.8” higher in the front.

I’m currently at a hair over 1” rake. I’m ok with losing a bit of it but would like to keep it roughly where it’s at.

So I’ll be needing to lift the rear 2.5-2.8” after the Eibachs.

With my ProComp kit I’m not sure how I’d do it. s does anyone make a 2.5” rear lift spring? Would I have t change the rear shocks if so? Decisions decisions.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Not quite but close, Zone and bds are only 6” kits when you use the preload spacer, without that preload it’s closer to a 5” lift kit. But yes he has an 8” plus kit now lol

does anyone make a 2.5” rear lift spring? Would I have t change the rear shocks if so? Decisions decisions.

The shocks are the key, might have to look and see what rear shock full throttle uses

Skyjacker makes a rear coil, they use it in their Ram 4” kit

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Skyjacker-...ash=item1ed4983112:g:Hy8AAOSwuhFaHiQH&vxp=mtr

Last edited:

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I look forward to seeing a bone stock truck add this Eibach front/rear kit set to 3.5” with the 1” rear coils

OP
OP
Quick_Shifter

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
The truck looks great. My only concern is if I go with Eibachs what I’ll do to the rear to keep my stance.

If I go Eibachs at 3.5 I’ll be sitting 2.8” higher in the front.

I’m currently at a hair over 1” rake. I’m ok with losing a bit of it but would like to keep it roughly where it’s at.

So I’ll be needing to lift the rear 2.5-2.8” after the Eibachs.

With my ProComp kit I’m not sure how I’d do it. s does anyone make a 2.5” rear lift spring? Would I have t change the rear shocks if so? Decisions decisions.
What size is your pro comp lift?