"I can see clearly now!"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sweetee

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I know many have chased their tail trying to improve night-time lighting. My '12 Express was terrible and I started out by replacing OEM bulbs with higher output. Then I went to OPT7 LED headlights and HID fogs. Marginally better, but still not very good. I even mounted some driving lights behind the grill, but LEO's didn't like 6 bright lights out the front! :( I know many will say HIDs are the route to go, but it just didn't happen.

Last month we traded the '12 in on a '17 Laramie. Last night was the first chance to drive very dark country roads and I have to say I am very pleased with the improvement. Lowbeams with fogs were fine and high beams reached out further than I've ever experienced. The color isn't the same as our HID equipped Town & Country, but it is close as far as reach goes. Plus, I don't feel the need to tear apart the front end "chasing my tail." At least for a while! :roflsquared:

Chief_6.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Where are the pics :)!!!!!

OP
OP
Sweetee

Sweetee

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Where are the pics :)!!!!!

I had my wife and daughter with me and if I had stopped to take pix last night I'd have been broadsided from both sides. Pix to follow. :happy107:

DwnDak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hmmm wierd.. I wonder if they upgraded lighting options for 2017?? My 16 sucks halogen dik... Haha

I was excited for projection headlamps... then met with disappointment first night.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Congrats on the new truck. Upgrade those projectors with HIDS and you will be really impressed!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
I added drop in hid's for my ttruck from retroshop and the light output increase was amazing. If stock is better for you from the old style quads or duals that is great but it can be much better

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I added drop in hid's for my ttruck from retroshop and the light output increase was amazing. If stock is better for you from the old style quads or duals that is great but it can be much better

And it will be super easy to upgrade as well.

Congrats on the new truck.

ivey_usmc

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
congrats on the new truck first of all. I bought a 17 ram sport and wanted more light output as well. Im running hid's on the low beams (projectors) led's in the high beams and fog lights and wow. It is so much brighter.

OP
OP
Sweetee

Sweetee

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Hmmm wierd.. I wonder if they upgraded lighting options for 2017?? My 16 sucks halogen dik... Haha

I was excited for projection headlamps... then met with disappointment first night.

Remember that I'm coming from non-projector dual halogens. Anything should be an improvement. The vertical fogs seem to be better too!