I don't like my 2018 RAM 1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TerraNewf

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Can't imagine how the op would feel if he really had issues. Walk a mile in my shoes.

mohemipar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 4.10's
that was my thought

although I thought all 2018's came with the cabin air filter?

Thats what I thought too...

If this dude can't fit his LOST collection in the console Ram needs to go back to the drawing board. WTF RAM!!!

Edit: can guys with 19's confirm if this issue has been addressed?

Casper

U.S. Navy (Ret.)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Bighorn. there is no door in mine. Lost is essential. i thought everyone watches it while driving

when you pull out the glovebox door, and look in the cavity i can see all the way into the engine compartment more or less.
xxxxxxxx
That's something 5th Gen.

I have an upper and lower box, both of which are enclosed and have no vent in them.

I did add a cabin filter which the cheap asses at FCA left off.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
MY 19 HAS cabin filter, If OP missing, he needs to talk to dealer
Center console huge, upper, lower, 2 sections and divider moves.
If U gonna take yer entire DVD collection, maybe need a suitcase, not think console good for all dat, just IMHO

pacofortacos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Bighorn. there is no door in mine. Lost is essential. i thought everyone watches it while driving

when you pull out the glovebox door, and look in the cavity i can see all the way into the engine compartment more or less.

IF you are serious about this part, well obviously someone removed the door and air filter - that is the only way to see outside through the glove box.
Again, if serious, you need to get the filter and filter door - there is not any cutting needed on the 18's.

You need easy open doors for all of the girls who drive Rams AND to allow my wife to slam closed my passenger door every time she gets in or out :(

Radio - legit gripe

BOWERSFJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Jesus I don’t get why everybody slams our smooth operating doors ... My wife ... My daughter ... My buddies ... I’m waitin for the friggin glass to break ... Does nobody know how to handle smooth operating quality

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

harkore

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm not sure how you can get beyond your LOST DVD situation. You need a minivan ASAP.
Yes yes, i know this will be met with hostility or silly comments but I'm just being truthful. read my older posts. i loved it when i first bought it but now that I've had it a while i can't stand it.

ok let me clarify. the body is amazing. the interior is amazing. its the best truck in its class for looks. its the small things i just can't get over (but have to and am willing to deal with it) such as those darn door hold-open mechanism. WHAT was RAM thinking??

..design a massive truck, all manly, decked out with manly things, bleeding testosterone, and then cut corners on door hold-open mechanisms that are sized for a Prius. Every single time someone new gets in my truck i have to warn them that the doors close ridiculously easy. and not only that, when they get out, i then have to warn them that the doors swing back at you ridiculously easy as well. go open your door with normal momentum and without babying it, and it'll swing either half way shut or fully shut.

is it petty? sure. but its my truck and i can say it and the door is used EVERY time you use the truck. so when i open the door i have to be extra careful that it doesn't bash the wall, or the return-cart basket at Home Depot, or another car. its so annoying.

Next... RAM itself. in one of my posts i asked if the air vent in the glovebox has a filter. I called RAM and found out it does not. i get leaves in my glove box constantly because of this. Im not doing that hack from online of cutting out the door and installing my own. so stupid.

Third... have the radio turn off when you start the freaking truck. yes the work around is to lower the volume but come on RAM.

Fourth... there is NO place for me to store my entire DVD collection of LOST in the CENTER console. it will NOT fit. go try it. it won't fit. who designs a truck without taking into consideration the LOST television series????

Talk me out of my complaints and ill change my mind.

tbird71

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
All I know is my HEMI in this small body is a blast to drive and no other truck will quite do it for me like this, IMO those are VERY minor annoyances.

Michael

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I agree with OP, the radio sucks big time. I installed a $100 pioneer in my last truck and it ran circles around the one in my ram and it was a fraction of the price I was charged for the upgraded radio in the ram. The truck is far from perfect when looked at without rose colored glasses. Like the OP I’ve got to live with it’s short comings. I do agree that he does need to rip his DVD’s and put them on a thumb drive. A much better solution for around the house or on the go.

Debagged, 20x9 Fuel Hostages +0, 295/65R20 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, Bilsteins at 2.8, weathertech mats, Tuftruck 1223's, Leer camper shell, lumber rack, DeeZee tailgate assist, a homemade platform for the floor in the back of the cab, Packrat toolbox, a UWS truck box, a bedrug tailgate rug and a bolt hitch lock.

Hemimania

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yes yes, i know this will be met with hostility or silly comments but I'm just being truthful. read my older posts. i loved it when i first bought it but now that I've had it a while i can't stand it.

ok let me clarify. the body is amazing. the interior is amazing. its the best truck in its class for looks. its the small things i just can't get over (but have to and am willing to deal with it) such as those darn door hold-open mechanism. WHAT was RAM thinking??

..design a massive truck, all manly, decked out with manly things, bleeding testosterone, and then cut corners on door hold-open mechanisms that are sized for a Prius. Every single time someone new gets in my truck i have to warn them that the doors close ridiculously easy. and not only that, when they get out, i then have to warn them that the doors swing back at you ridiculously easy as well. go open your door with normal momentum and without babying it, and it'll swing either half way shut or fully shut.

is it petty? sure. but its my truck and i can say it and the door is used EVERY time you use the truck. so when i open the door i have to be extra careful that it doesn't bash the wall, or the return-cart basket at Home Depot, or another car. its so annoying.

Next... RAM itself. in one of my posts i asked if the air vent in the glovebox has a filter. I called RAM and found out it does not. i get leaves in my glove box constantly because of this. Im not doing that hack from online of cutting out the door and installing my own. so stupid.

Third... have the radio turn off when you start the freaking truck. yes the work around is to lower the volume but come on RAM.

Fourth... there is NO place for me to store my entire DVD collection of LOST in the CENTER console. it will NOT fit. go try it. it won't fit. who designs a truck without taking into consideration the LOST television series????

Talk me out of my complaints and ill change my mind.
I agree with everything (except the Lost thing. It was a stupid show).

The door thing I find out the hard way on my 3rd day of owning it when on a windy day it swung open and plowed the car next to me.

Agreed in the cabin air filter. It's almost like they "forgot" about it and said, Eh Fk it.

True about the radio.

It's the little things. My 04 didn't have these issues. Hoping the new ones don't have this.

indept

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
The OP is nothing but a Troll, and we’ve fed him 38 times ... No legit member is stupid enough to post about a DVD collection ... Just stop ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Can the '18s get Netflix...:D