I don't like my 2018 RAM 1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tomb

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 bighorn-cherry red
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I will trade you for my 2012 bighorn-door hinges work perfectly and plenty of storage for your dvds-I don't have a dvd player or the large screen for that matter-I usually watch the road when I'm driviving-but if you want to trade , should be happy with a 2018 Bighorn-I could buy a new one but mine has been very well taken care of and we have become quite attached!!!

Dusty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
When they say to cut they're referring to cutting a hole in the ductwork where the filter will slide in & the cover door included in the kit will go.

Ah, OK. Maybe I'm remembering incorrectly.

Still scrathing my head on this one, though.

Best regards,
Dusty

2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Now at: 008323 miles.

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
Yes yes, i know this will be met with hostility or silly comments but I'm just being truthful. read my older posts. i loved it when i first bought it but now that I've had it a while i can't stand it.......

Thus explaining the 5 Ex-Wives too.

RixRox

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’m sorry, but...

baby-1.jpg

Last edited:

Steve Foulks

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I will try not to be hostile and not silly. I used to own a Honda, Nissan, Isuzu dealership and I am not particularly brand loyal, but when I see a post like this I think, 'what an idiot'. I assume that this was a new truck and pretty expensive. Did you give any fore thought to the purchase before he bought it - apparently not enough. As the owner of a dealership we loved and hated guys like you: always whining about the shortcomings of the car they bought, but constantly trading in cars they didn't like, which we liked. Here is a novel idea for you, before you buy, decide what you want in a vehicle and buy one that closely matches your wants.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I will try not to be hostile and not silly. I used to own a Honda, Nissan, Isuzu dealership and I am not particularly brand loyal, but when I see a post like this I think, 'what an idiot'. I assume that this was a new truck and pretty expensive. Did you give any fore thought to the purchase before he bought it - apparently not enough. As the owner of a dealership we loved and hated guys like you: always whining about the shortcomings of the car they bought, but constantly trading in cars they didn't like, which we liked. Here is a novel idea for you, before you buy, decide what you want in a vehicle and buy one that closely matches your wants.

If he really can see onto the engine compartment from behind the glove box, I would be pretty pissed also.

Michael

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sure would be interested. Maybe it was a Ford he was complaining about.

Feeling a little insecure?

Debagged, 20x9 Fuel Hostages +0, 295/65R20 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, Bilsteins at 2.8, weathertech mats, Tuftruck 1223's, Leer camper shell, lumber rack, DeeZee tailgate assist, a homemade platform for the floor in the back of the cab, Packrat toolbox, a UWS truck box, a bedrug tailgate rug and a bolt hitch lock.

Jack Ryan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
His sig says he’s 54. I’m 73. After a while it doesn’t matter anymore.

Troutman561

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Think a Ram's doors close easy? Have you ever closed the doors on a newer Tundra?

indept

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Think a Ram's doors close easy? Have you ever closed the doors on a newer Tundra?
I think his ***** was that they close too easy which I do agree with, a little breeze and the slam on you but I'm not going to lose any sleep about it.
Now not being able to watch Lost as you drive, THAT'S a legit gripe...:rolleyes:

coobie

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 big horn
Engine
5.7 hemi
Yes yes, i know this will be met with hostility or silly comments but I'm just being truthful. read my older posts. i loved it when i first bought it but now that I've had it a while i can't stand it.

ok let me clarify. the body is amazing. the interior is amazing. its the best truck in its class for looks. its the small things i just can't get over (but have to and am willing to deal with it) such as those darn door hold-open mechanism. WHAT was RAM thinking??

..design a massive truck, all manly, decked out with manly things, bleeding testosterone, and then cut corners on door hold-open mechanisms that are sized for a Prius. Every single time someone new gets in my truck i have to warn them that the doors close ridiculously easy. and not only that, when they get out, i then have to warn them that the doors swing back at you ridiculously easy as well. go open your door with normal momentum and without babying it, and it'll swing either half way shut or fully shut.

is it petty? sure. but its my truck and i can say it and the door is used EVERY time you use the truck. so when i open the door i have to be extra careful that it doesn't bash the wall, or the return-cart basket at Home Depot, or another car. its so annoying.

Next... RAM itself. in one of my posts i asked if the air vent in the glovebox has a filter. I called RAM and found out it does not. i get leaves in my glove box constantly because of this. Im not doing that hack from online of cutting out the door and installing my own. so stupid.

Third... have the radio turn off when you start the freaking truck. yes the work around is to lower the volume but come on RAM.

Fourth... there is NO place for me to store my entire DVD collection of LOST in the CENTER console. it will NOT fit. go try it. it won't fit. who designs a truck without taking into consideration the LOST television series????

Talk me out of my complaints and ill change my mind.
Post then run,a ***** troll to say the least.Laffin my ass off.

bamafan76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Well I’m on the flip side of the OP. I’ve only owned my 18 Ram 1500 for 7 months and is also my first Ram but am thoroughly enjoying it. I’ve been impressed and am glad I chose it. I’ve also been a Toyota and GMC owner.

JColdIron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am with you on the Volume! Don't presume I want to listen to the Radio when I start the vehicle.

Isn't Lost now on Amazon Prime? Just stream it to your phone and watch it while you drive, er crash!

Mr.AK902

Reaction score
Ram Year
17'
Engine
sounds like a troll to me... if you don't like your truck get rid of it and get the one you want.

Last edited:

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Well I’m on the flip side of the OP. I’ve only owned my 18 Ram 1500 for 7 months and is also my first Ram but am thoroughly enjoying it. I’ve been impressed and am glad I chose it. I’ve also been a Toyota and GMC owner.

As are most of us.

indept

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
It's funny that everone BUT th OP has been here. I was thinking that he claimed that he could look through the vent to the engine compartment. That wouldn't be so bad sort of. It would be like the floor vents in the old 1960's cars that would give a ton of air when cruising, I used to like that feature..
:cheers:

tidefan1967

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's funny that everone BUT th OP has been here. I was thinking that he claimed that he could look through the vent to the engine compartment. That wouldn't be so bad sort of. It would be like the floor vents in the old 1960's cars that would give a ton of air when cruising, I used to like that feature..
:cheers:
The one that was in each kick panel......pull the knob out while you're driving and see a few leaves fly out. Don't forget about the even older **** with that big ass flip up vent that was just outside kind of centered in the middle of the windshield. I believe my 48 Chevy pickup had one of those!

Dgriffi2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I thought his post was being sarcastic.... on a related note, I was driving my kid home from college a couple of years ago and there was a guy kind of weaving, drifting back and forth, so I said we better get past this fool. While passing him we could see very clearly he had a laptop computer on his dash, watching... wait for it. .a Harry Potter movie! (Sorry, not lost). Crazy.

106milestoChicago

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
About the leaves... We had a car come into the dealership with a heater blower motor not working. Found that mice in the garage had filled it up with dog food. Could mice be making a nest in a warm spot?? Is it just leaves or other things also?