I found a way to receive your own PIN CODE without the dealer :)

SeppW

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Worked for me on '16 2500 Tradesman Power Wagon.

Flammable_Solid

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Don't go to the service department for the PIN since they have to go to the parts department. Go straight to the parts department. Bring your registration and drivers license. Tell them you want your RF Hub PIN not the key code PIN. If they ask why you want it tell them because it is information about your truck that you are entitled to receive.

Just back from the dealer. They had no idea what the RF Hub PIN was. I have the key code now and and ignition code.

tnctx02

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 RAM SLT
Engine
3.6L Pentastar V6
Confirmed the AlphaOBD method worked on my 2017 Ram 1500 Sport down here in Australia. Awesome stuff
Worked on my 2017 and my 2013.

yomanne

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I used the OBDLink MX OBD2 reader and downloaded an app called Pin Puller.
It says it need elm237 pr something but when you connect using Blietooth it says its using the MX like an ELM!! From this point you than click on the model vehcile you have and purchase some points. For pin code its 50 points and costs $19.99. After that cost start. It asks you to put your 4 way emergency lights on and the n click continue. Moments layer it shows VIN and your pin code!

Hope this helps others with reluctant dealers!!
You can also get the 4-digit keyfob pin using alphaobd by connecting to the "Radio Frequency Hub" and choosing "Read PIN".