I found a way to receive your own PIN CODE without the dealer :)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

appzattak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
just called my local dealership, and asked for the programming code. they immediately told me I need to bring in proof of ownership with my ID and thirty bucks, he said that is the way Chrysler is doing things now. Guess I'll use that pin puller app.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

drozek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
just called my local dealership, and asked for the programming code. they immediately told me I need to bring in proof of ownership with my ID and thirty bucks, he said that is the way Chrysler is doing things now. Guess I'll use that pin puller app.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

There is a FCA document somewhere stating this code is free. I believe on the AlfaOBD part. I hate your dealership for trying to charge you

madtrucker2016

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So I used the OBDLink MX OBD2 reader and downloaded an app called Pin Puller.
It says it need elm237 pr something but when you connect using Blietooth it says its using the MX like an ELM!! From this point you than click on the model vehcile you have and purchase some points. For pin code its 50 points and costs $19.99. After that cost start. It asks you to put your 4 way emergency lights on and the n click continue. Moments layer it shows VIN and your pin code!

Hope this helps others with reluctant dealers!!

The dealer is supposed to give it to you for free when asked. I asked and got mine no problem. They are allowed to hand out five per day free from any dealer

tzr916

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 QC SLT 6'4"
Engine
5.7L 8spd 2WD
Got my 2014 RAM used at a non-dodge dealer, it came with only ONE very used key fob. It works ok, but the outer shell sometimes comes apart. I got two after market fobs on eBay and will be attempting to use alfaobd to program them.

So far getting my vehicle PIN at the local parts counters is proving NOT to be free. I travel a large area for my job and have been stopping in at dealers when I have time. First one (Sonora CA) had it printed out in his hand and then asked me for $15, I said "it should be free" and walked. Second one (Stockton CA), said she needed to get authorization from a manager, and I asked if there was a charge and she said $20, I said "**** that" and walked out.

I'll keep checking around, calling out the ones that charge and how much, but have a feeling I'm just gonna end up paying for a key puller app.

BTW, the eBay fobs I got stated they can be programmed but two working fobs are required! See attached for the instructions they provided. Has anyone seen these instructions before? Are two working fobs really needed? Why? I only have one working fob.

Program-Key.jpg

crzyamerican

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
I don't know about the 2014 RAM, but my Jeeps needed 2 key fobs to be able to program additional fobs yourself. Those can be done without a pin or program tool. It tells you how to do the programing in the user manuals of the jeeps. So "if" the 2014 is the same way that would explain it.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
BTW, the eBay fobs I got stated they can be programmed but two working fobs are required! See attached for the instructions they provided. Has anyone seen these instructions before? Are two working fobs really needed? Why? I only have one working fob.

Program-Key.jpg

I don't know about the 2014 RAM, but my Jeeps needed 2 key fobs to be able to program additional fobs yourself. Those can be done without a pin or program tool. It tells you how to do the programing in the user manuals of the jeeps. So "if" the 2014 is the same way that would explain it.
This method only works on FCA vehicles that DO NOT use an RF Hub, so, 2013+ rams it won’t work for. The Jeeps were probably years that didn’t use rf hubs, also.

tzr916

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 QC SLT 6'4"
Engine
5.7L 8spd 2WD
This method only works on FCA vehicles that DO NOT use an RF Hub, so, 2013+ rams it won’t work for. The Jeeps were probably years that didn’t use rf hubs, also.
Damn it! Looks like I will be returning these. I should have checked closer... Thanks

Doug Hawkins

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0l EcoDiesel
Thankfully, my dealer gave me the PIN no questions asked. Good to know the alternative anyway!

Onethatislazy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
what option did you use in pin puller? and did you have to buy tokens?
I also used on my ram 2017 express. Worked great and used with alfa to program 3 remotes.

Used the Ram (1/2)500_(13-19) option. Yes you have to buy tokens. It's Around 20 bucks but don't remember exactly. App says it needs 50 tokens for that setting.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

tzr916

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 QC SLT 6'4"
Engine
5.7L 8spd 2WD
Got my 2014 RAM used at a non-dodge dealer, it came with only ONE very used key fob. It works ok, but the outer shell sometimes comes apart. I got two after market fobs on eBay and will be attempting to use alfaobd to program them.

So far getting my vehicle PIN at the local parts counters is proving NOT to be free. I travel a large area for my job and have been stopping in at dealers when I have time. First one (Sonora CA) had it printed out in his hand and then asked me for $15, I said "it should be free" and walked. Second one (Stockton CA), said she needed to get authorization from a manager, and I asked if there was a charge and she said $20, I said "**** that" and walked out.

I'll keep checking around, calling out the ones that charge and how much, but have a feeling I'm just gonna end up paying for a key puller app.

Program-Key.jpg
Found myself at my nearest dealer today, Cabral CJDR Manteca CA. Expecting the usual, but came out with my PIN Code 100% free! The search is over.

Toddbigboytruck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Here in Canada they are very sticky. Even called FCA and they would not release it. Chrysler Canada district manger said it won't happen!. Dealer ship said they have never given it out and would not. Well here is for all Canadians!!
We need to talk. I need a new key my wife lost hers 2mouths after I bought my truck and I want to get a replacement key but don’t want the dealer to do it. Any help would be greatly appreciate.

Great job.

michael harpe

U.S. Army 2001-2014
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 hemi
My ex works for a dodge dealer in oklahoma. She got me my pin. The local dealer to me said that for tpms changes I dont need the 4 digit pin. They also said that pin changes ever hour. Even when I pointed out that no it's the 5 digit one.

My ex pointed out that the dealer by policy can not refuse to give you the pin. My ex still loves me lol.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

AndrewC63

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel Crew Cab 6.5Ft
Engine
3.0L Ecodiesel
Just bought the app I was unable to get it to pull the pin code. I have a 2015 1500 ecodiesel. I'm trying to install oem remote start I have baseline programmed the keys but it requires the 4 digit pin code to continue. I'm in Canada my last resort is to go to the dealer but its not looking good based on previous comments. My Tech Autority subscription is up tomorrow too.

Donn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I needed to program two key fobs I purchased for my 2016 Dodge Dart, so I went into my local Ram, Dodge dealership.

I took the letter posted in the AlphaOBD section detailing the policy on PIN#'s from Chrysler. I had my registration and ID on me for both my Ram & Dart. I presented it all to the guy at the parts desk. He said give him a couple of minutes and then came back with two pieces of paper with each of the PIN #'s printed out. Asked my if I needed anything else...I didn't and I was on my way. No charge. I was pleasantly surprised.

57buick

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L diesel
I went to my dealer and laid out my vehicle title, insurance card showing VIN, and my ID and at first the parts guy refused to give me my pin and I argued it's my truck and I am not leaving without my PIN and demanded the manager who came and looked at all my documentation and said "give it to him" lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963