I found a way to receive your own PIN CODE without the dealer :)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
He must have gone live with it - I was able to read mine 2 days ago through AlphaODB (of course after paying for pin puller app). They matched. And mine is regular from Play Store.
Yup, same here. Mine was read correctly this weekend with the new update.

deathbyburito

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L EcoDiesel
I got the updated AlfaODB a couple of weeks ago from the developer (great responsiveness and help) and was able to pull my pin. Sounds like it is fixed in the main version now which is great.

tnctx02

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 RAM SLT
Engine
3.6L Pentastar V6
I got the updated AlfaODB a couple of weeks ago from the developer (great responsiveness and help) and was able to pull my pin. Sounds like it is fixed in the main version now which is great.

How do you pull it with AlfaOBD?

tnctx02

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 RAM SLT
Engine
3.6L Pentastar V6
Select Function
Radio Frequency Hub

Select Control Unit
Radio Frequency Hub

Connect

Select the Open Hood Fiat icon

Select Procedure to Start
Scroll Down to Read PIN
Follow Directions

Thanks so much! It pulled the same number I have already! Looks to be working good!

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
Thanks to the guys following up with this.
I used AlphaOBD last night to pull my code and it worked! CONFIRMED.

shopman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie Longhorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Tried on My 2015 1500 5.7 didn't work have to read up no this???

This is what I get when I try

Screenshot_20210520-175018.png

Running Alfa OBD Ver. 2.2.0.0

Any Help??????

Last edited:

67 StingrayJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Thats crazy. What if you ever need to reset your radio? Do they make you pay for that code too?

Seriously think its a load of crap that you cant freely get the PIN for your own darn truck. Some US dealers seem to be taking advantage of the situation too, luckily mine did not. If they had, I would have paid for the PIN puller instead just out of spite for the dealer.

Totally agree with this statement. It's your own darn truck. It's just another money grab for the dang dealerships i tell ya.

Down with Dealerships!

Scott42001

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7l v8
Yeah alfaobd all the way. Find someone close to you that has obdlink mx+ and alfaobd, they can read your pin. Takes seconds. MY location shows on the boards. IF someone is close i dont mind doing it, cover my gas if need be.

SeppW

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Worked for me on '16 2500 Tradesman Power Wagon.

Flammable_Solid

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Don't go to the service department for the PIN since they have to go to the parts department. Go straight to the parts department. Bring your registration and drivers license. Tell them you want your RF Hub PIN not the key code PIN. If they ask why you want it tell them because it is information about your truck that you are entitled to receive.

Just back from the dealer. They had no idea what the RF Hub PIN was. I have the key code now and and ignition code.

tnctx02

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 RAM SLT
Engine
3.6L Pentastar V6
Confirmed the AlphaOBD method worked on my 2017 Ram 1500 Sport down here in Australia. Awesome stuff
Worked on my 2017 and my 2013.

yomanne

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I used the OBDLink MX OBD2 reader and downloaded an app called Pin Puller.
It says it need elm237 pr something but when you connect using Blietooth it says its using the MX like an ELM!! From this point you than click on the model vehcile you have and purchase some points. For pin code its 50 points and costs $19.99. After that cost start. It asks you to put your 4 way emergency lights on and the n click continue. Moments layer it shows VIN and your pin code!

Hope this helps others with reluctant dealers!!
You can also get the 4-digit keyfob pin using alphaobd by connecting to the "Radio Frequency Hub" and choosing "Read PIN".

DonAlex1053

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
I have an OBDLink MX+, bypass cable and alfaobd. I've been trying to read my pin for a few days now but every time I press the start button nothing happens.

Gordo2212

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 3500 Tradesman
Engine
6.4 L Hemi
I have an OBDLink MX+, bypass cable and alfaobd. I've been trying to read my pin for a few days now but every time I press the start button nothing happens.
I'm in the same boat. Going to be installing OEM remote start and need the code but every time I hit read pin in the RFH section it just sits and nothing happens. Is there a long wait time for it to do its thing? I don't get an error or anything maybe I just need to be more patient lol.

DonAlex1053

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
I'm in the same boat. Going to be installing OEM remote start and need the code but every time I hit read pin in the RFH section it just sits and nothing happens. Is there a long wait time for it to do its thing? I don't get an error or anything maybe I just need to be more patient lol.
I think my issue is that I'm using the security bypass cable from my SFT tuner. Its an AEV security bypass cable. I'm pretty sure it doesn't bypass the SGW in the hub. Later today I will trying again with a new cable.

Gordo2212

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 3500 Tradesman
Engine
6.4 L Hemi
I think my issue is that I'm using the security bypass cable from my SFT tuner. Its an AEV security bypass cable. I'm pretty sure it doesn't bypass the SGW in the hub. Later today I will trying again with a new cable.
I went to the dealer today and they gave me the pin no questions asked. Took about 10 minutes.

Sking80

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Any luck on getting it to work. Mines does nothing. I’m just waiting and waiting ver 2.2.5.0