I hate conflicting information (jack points)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oliver Closehauf

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Laramie
Engine
Cummins 5.9
The owner's manual says to use the axel tubes as jack points, the service manual clearly says not to use an axle tube.

CAUTION: Do not lift vehicle with a floor jack positioned
under:
An axle tube.

Anyone know about the discrepancy? I know people here have said they use the axle tubes. I wanted to get 4 scissor jacks and put them under the axles if the truck was going to sit for more than a couple weeks. Just get each tire off the ground and unloaded. Now I'm confused. I don't want to have to get 8 jacks (4 for the frame and 4 for the axles). I don't want to have to jack the frame up high enough to get the tires off the ground and leave the suspension unsupported.

zogg

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram Express Quad Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I always jack the rear with a jack under the center section and the front by the frame behind the bumper. Never had an issue

chopperman1

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Rebel
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Under the shock mounts on rear for sissor jack. You do not need however to jack it up for any extended period of time. That was from way back in bias ply tire days where they could flat spot. No longer a concern with properly inflated tires.