I hate muting every time I get in the truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

epeo

Reaction score
2014 Ram 2500. Every time I start the truck, I have to hit the mute button. I understand if I turned the volume down low, I won't hear it, but that would defeat the purpose of hearing incoming phone calls using bluetooth.

Are there any fixes or mods for getting the radio to stay muted by default????

caulk04

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You're gonna have to clarify that. Why do you want it muted every time?

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This is the second time “they” are posting this.

OP
OP
E

epeo

Reaction score
You're gonna have to clarify that. Why do you want it muted every time?
Everytime I start the truck, the radio is playing by default. I don't want the radio on when I get into the truck and start it, so I have to mute it. I am unable to turn off the radio...there is no power button for it as it is integrated into the UCONNECT screen.

OP
OP
E

epeo

Reaction score
This is the second time “they” are posting this.
I posted this again because I originally posted in the wrong forum. I've requested the original post get deleted because I couldn't figure out how to move it or delete it. Feel free to call me newbie, but the question still stands unanswered.

rule18

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Rebel
The other thread has been deleted and I moved this one into the correct sub-forum.

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Had an idea that may be of help. Not sure if the ram radios do this but if you plug something into the auxiliary jack it should switch the radio to auxiliary automatically. At least that’s how it works in my gmc work van. It’s worth a shot.

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
I have the same issue on my 2015. Factory radio. And read on sight here no way to stop it. So I just turn volume down and Hands free still works fine

laststraw

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I have the same issue ... 2016 2500 ... When turned to ACC radio plays. If you "turn off" and then move to RUN radio is back on. It drives me crazy. I can't believe there isn't a AlfaOBD fix for this.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
This is one of the things I really hate about my truck too lol ... every time I get in my truck the radio is on, luckily for me I don't pair my phone to the radio so the volume is low all the time, but when I first found out there was no on/off button for it it really got me heated ....

But no fix for this and from what I know there is no fix for it in the future ...

Dodge 1500 4X4

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Make sure the volume is down when you shut it off, My 5 gen Uconnect 4 has a off/on button on the left of the unit.

IDSandman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just put mine on “media” . No audio unless I hit play in the screen of phone. Plus phone calls still come in whether in bluetooth or usb. I rarely listen to radio anyhow.

Oliver Closehauf

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Laramie
Engine
Cummins 5.9
That would drive me crazy. I'd probably have to run a switch out to the fuse box. A button that turns a relay on when I push it that automatically cuts power when I turn off the key.

Do they have amps? Or just the head unit?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lasse452