I hate my lift, what should I get instead?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PCT

2019 2500 6.4
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I was trying to lift my truck until next year, and focus on wheels and tires, and stereo/interior stuff. So i did RC 2.5 plus n3 shocks. It rides like there is not shocks at all, almost like a slammed car. I feel ever bump. I though it would soften as the shocks broke in, but it hasnt. rides as rough as it did 3-4k mileage. IDk if i need more mileage to soften it out? But it rides like a cheap truck and i dont like that.

So i am very close to just redoing the lift now.

I am looking at Thuren 2.0 with fox front and rear. around $1100. I could save money and use Thurens in house shocks.

Is there any other brands (not carli) or set up that ride good, and would provide me what i want for maybe a little cheaper.

Another option im looking at to soften the cost over time. Do just springs now, and then over the next few months buy the correct shocks.

I am only interested in replacing front coils, and all shocks. Not looking for a big **** offroading multi thousand suspension. Looking for a good ride for 90% commute/daily driving, 10% off-road/hunting ext.

Dakota2020

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Bilsteins all around for me. Very cheap alternative if you plan to lift. Very comfortable ride as well. The Bilstein shocks should work with your lift as well when you decide to get it.

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
I was trying to lift my truck until next year, and focus on wheels and tires, and stereo/interior stuff. So i did RC 2.5 plus n3 shocks. It rides like there is not shocks at all, almost like a slammed car. I feel ever bump. I though it would soften as the shocks broke in, but it hasnt. rides as rough as it did 3-4k mileage. IDk if i need more mileage to soften it out? But it rides like a cheap truck and i dont like that.

So i am very close to just redoing the lift now.

I am looking at Thuren 2.0 with fox front and rear. around $1100. I could save money and use Thurens in house shocks.

Is there any other brands (not carli) or set up that ride good, and would provide me what i want for maybe a little cheaper.

Another option im looking at to soften the cost over time. Do just springs now, and then over the next few months buy the correct shocks.

I am only interested in replacing front coils, and all shocks. Not looking for a big **** offroading multi thousand suspension. Looking for a good ride for 90% commute/daily driving, 10% off-road/hunting ext.

Your first mistake was falling for the (Junk) rough country price trap. Bilstein is the best bang for your buck for leveling. My shop has done a few where we have upgraded to the fox mid grade series 2.0's with excellent results. There is a reason we don't do rough country anything at our shop, and will not service anything with rough country previously installed. We will only remove it and set up a quality kit.

Last edited:
OP
OP
PCT

PCT

2019 2500 6.4
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Your first mistake was falling for the (Junk) rough country price trap. Bilstein is the best bang for your buck for leveling look at the 6112's if you want improved ride. The 5100's are stock ride characteristics. I would not be doing thuren or icon if you plan to lift higher in the future

Well i just wanted something to get 35's in, then address it next year. but it rides so bad, idk if I can wait. Would you recommend leaving the spacer in and rocking bils?

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Well i just wanted something to get 35's in, then address it next year. but it rides so bad, idk if I can wait. Would you recommend leaving the spacer in and rocking bils?

your truck is a 2500 right?

OP
OP
PCT

PCT

2019 2500 6.4
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
See if @Nick@GotExhaust can get you the bilstein kit part# 46-268655 That is what you want. If they are out of stock I can go a different way that basically will cost the same

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Yes, on bils website:

Lookin at:

2" lift w/o res
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/...1664954709703&utm_content=GSAPI+5ba1146a7c6f2

2" w res
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/...1664954713508&utm_content=GSAPI+5ba1146a7c6f2

How would these ride compared to thuren matched with fox. I am assuming these shocks work in tandem with the springs and are valves or rated to work together?

Thuren with fox shocks will ride better. Bilstein is the best bang for your buck that will be night and day better than you rough country

MoPowered

Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Lesson learned on Junk Country’s **** years ago, spend the money on some Thuren coils and get his cheaper shocks, you don’t need King or Fox to get your ride quality.

OP
OP
PCT

PCT

2019 2500 6.4
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thuren with fox shocks will ride better. Bilstein is the best bang for your buck that will be night and day better than you rough country

Worth $400-600 more for Thuren do you think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
NOBODY
Worth $400-600 more for Thuren do you think?

I do not think they are worth the money no. I would put the Bilstein kit from Nick on my truck. As I have done for 50 other trucks in the last 10 months

OP
OP
PCT

PCT

2019 2500 6.4
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Lesson learned on Junk Country’s **** years ago, spend the money on some Thuren coils and get his cheaper shocks, you don’t need King or Fox to get your ride quality.

Would you recommend that over a bils setup?

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
I disagree the thuren kits are tuned to work together. That would be a waste of money to pair them with a different shock

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Would you recommend that over a bils setup?

You will not be disappointed in anyway with the bilstien kit. I have done a handful of thuren kits and IMO i didnt think it was worth double the price

MoPowered

Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Put Themon my Brother’s 17’ 2500 and he loves them, I drove the truck and I think they’re great. Bilstein’s aren’t too much more money though.