I have a 1987 D100 318 with the holley 2 bbl carb, this thing runs fine a high rpm but it wont idle after the choke cuts off, it dies,

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sharpsburgwp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 1987 D100 318 with the holley 2 bbl carb, this think runs fine a high rpm but it wont idle after the choke cuts off, it dies,

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
What steps have you taken to diagnose the issue?

PaPitt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L
Does it have a carb... I was thinking the 87's have TB. Not a carb.. & That's OK if that's what you meant.
...If it's an electric fuel pump I'LL SAY CHECK & MAKE SURE YOUR . Fuel pressure is correct down at ideal ..
......I'm not saying this is your issue.. But while I WAS AT CHRYSLER Truck Shop we had a pick-up not running after a while it'd die off. We discovered It'd run with the cap off.. So we pulled the tank.. It had a Flatbed & was allowing a lot of dirt & dust up on top of the tank.. That dust had sealed off the vent valve on the top of the tank ... WE Removed the tank Power washed outside & Then drained fuel & washed out the inside also . Then replace that valve & It rain great.
Some times you never know what your going to stumble across.