I have a 2021 ram 1500 big horn with 5.7 e-torque. It has a long crank before it will start, the shop is unable to find anything wrong with it.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LT2HFD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 e-torque
I have a 2021 ram 1500 big horn with 5.7 e-torque. It has a long crank before it will start, the shop is unable to find anything wrong with it. They tried replacing fuel pump, but still has the same issue. Has anyone had any issues like this or know what it could be?

Technician07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 L turbo
May be the crankshaft position sensor. Cheap and easy to swap out and check… i had a similar issue with long cranking to start and intermittent no start condition, and it was caught out as a crankshaft sensor error when we were tuning the pcm. It only showed the bad sensor in the tuning software and not as an error code in the factory pcm. Swapped in an OEM replacement and problems solved. No further issues and it’s been 3 years on that new sensor

Last edited:

SwitcherLP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The way I see it, if the new vehicle is not acting like one, and the dealership can't find the issue, I would press for a lemon law replacement. It will be amazing how quickly they find the problem. Dealerships are trained to do nothing until it will cost them more to do nothing, which is the only time they will do anything. Unless, of course, you are throwing tons of money at them.