I LOVE my new Warlock...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ramtastico

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Warlock
Engine
3.6l
So just posting that I absolutely love my new 2021 Warlock.

- I tried the 5th gen and actually preferred the Warlock for 'knee' room... having long legs, my knee could drift all it wanted vs hitting up against a center console.

- It's blacked out, and with the 20" and lift... looks like a much more expensive truck than it is.

-I have the 8.4 screen... it is great for backup cam and also navigation maps and overall use. I have the sirius/xm promo for a year... and plan on keeping it. Love it.

- I HAD to have the power seat. Again... long legs, being able to adjust/tilt the seat is invaluable for comfort.

-I love that the center console folds up for a third seat. Wife had extended family in one weekend and we had to rent a minivan. No more... we 'could' if ever needed, get 4 skinnies in back and 3 up.

Dislikes... they are few and don't take away from my love of the truck... but certainly would change these things if I could.

-I have the quad... which is great for the longer bed and still fits in the garage... however i certainly would not want to sit in back for long periods... the upright nature of the seat seems like it would be uncomfortable for long periods.

-Posted previously... don't love the lighting. Needs more light up front imho... my night vision isnt great to begin with so I am a bit of a stickler on this one. Hope to figure this out.

Upgrades so far...

-Dualliner... bought because of the rubber bed liner to save my knees... plus keeps things from sliding around... however was not impressed with the overall fittment... especially the side panels. The leading edge of the panel... the instructions note to insert it 'under' the rail cap... however it is not long enough to do so and should have a thin tab to facilitate this. Would not recommend based on that one item as it seems for what i paid that it should fit better and given it doesn't sit right... assume water will get in easily behind it. Note that they offer goodies and/or $$ for video testimonials (I bought based on all the testimonials).

-Steelcase step rails... on the way. Install next week.

-Black of course is tough to keep clean... but just turtle wax ceramic'd it... so lets see if that helps. It went on easy and slippery to the touch. Got some mckeevs ceramic wheel dressing... haven't had time to try that yet (wanted something a bit heavier for the brake dust).

Add on's not yet resolved

-Has a bumper hitch with full blown wiring options... however will put a receiver on for the ability to add a drop for the lawn and garden trailer. If i can figure out how to drop a bumper hitch... will save me the time... however thinking not an option.

-Lighting... have to figure out how to get more light throwing out front.

That's it... not sure anyone will read all of this... but throwing it out there anyway!!!

kurek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well make sure to put a bunch of trashy LEDs in your stock housings so you can crap glare all over the place and factually see worse but then insist it's better because they appear brighter from outside the truck looking back at it.

Perferd

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Well make sure to put a bunch of trashy LEDs in your stock housings so you can crap glare all over the place and factually see worse but then insist it's better because they appear brighter from outside the truck looking back at it.

This made me laugh put loud...

Congrats glad you LOVE the truck. I don't like the front but I am looking at a used one with a lift wheels and tires this week.

OP
OP
R

Ramtastico

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Warlock
Engine
3.6l
I didn't love the front end however thought it looked tough with the black...and overall it's grown on me.

My buddy... a mopar fanatic... loves it and said it looks like one of the 60's muscle car front ends (he sent me a pic... just don't recall which car it was- I am not the vintage mopar expert by any means).

Last edited:

Wes Veness

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 SLT Classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Sounds like a great idea.... Brighter the better!!!

kurek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don't love the warlock grill but the bumper is cool on them, doesn't hang down as far as the tradesman bumper.

OP
OP
R

Ramtastico

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Warlock
Engine
3.6l
Couple more quick pics to show...

1. Interior looks pretty nice for a lower end truck.
2. I think the warlock comes with a 1 inch lift? Lot of room in those wheel wells... those tires are 20"s!
3. Just showing the badging is all blacked out. Looks really sharp (imho)
View media item 30963View media item 30965View media item 30964

ramffml

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
None of those pics work for me, I get "You do not have permission to view media within this album."

As for the knee room in the 5th gen vs 4th, its not the generation of the truck that matters, I believe that you're simply comparing a 6 passenger vs a 5 and the 6 has more room in both generations. I have a 6 passenger 5th gen and I'm very tall and my knees don't hit the console/dash. They would with the bucket seats up front though.

OP
OP
R

Ramtastico

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Warlock
Engine
3.6l
Not speaking of the dash... but rather the center console that extends to the dash on the floor. Can't say it's the same for everyone... but this truck was more spacious and comfortable for me with this configuration.

Not trying to discount anyone ele's preference... got nothing but love for all the RAM trucks.

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

Ramtastico

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Warlock
Engine
3.6l
Ok... fwiw... mopar buddy told me the grille shape of the warlock reminds him of a 1970/71 Roadrunner.

search

Last edited:

WireEd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

:happy175::happy175::happy175::happy175:

KCJOE

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L
Nice rig....I just bought one as well and love it!

Richg87

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Warlock
Engine
V6 Pentastar
From one Warlock owner to another, nice truck!

BlackSheepRebel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
glad you are enjoying your truck. that's all that matters! save up and get some miramoto LED housings -- they look good, work right (super bright and don't glare oncoming drivers), and they are quality (used them on my past truck for years with no leaking, etc).

your gripes are small, and just provide fun improvement projects... thanks for sharing your ride.