I LOVE my new Warlock...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BadRat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm a new RAM owner, as of today, and a new member here. Traded in my 2019 4Runner for a new 2021 Warlock with tow package and 5.7L. Was considering a Tundra, but the test drive left me singularly unimpressed. Very happy with my new rig!

IMG_20210814_174729265.jpg

ADWarlock20

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I bought a dual liner too, and the fitment was weird for me as well. I cut the tabs down where it's supposed to go into the bed rail caps because they were warping then. I couldn't get it perfect so I ended up just leaving them free as you can see in this picture. It doesn't bother me much since I usually keep my tonneau cover closed unless I have my ATV in the back.20210501_081107.jpg

Wulf

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I really like the look of the Warlock. I wish they made it in a single cab. It would be really wicked looking! Nice trucks everyone!
I was doing some research before I bought my Warlock, to try to find out why it didn't come in a standard cab/ACTUAL full size bed of 8', instead of the current "full size" bed being 6'4, if it was called a "Classic". To me, the classic trucks are actual trucks with actual full size beds (8') unless you ordered them with a stubby. (For the record, Stubby is 6'4, and Super Stubby is the 5' and change size).

I found out some interesting information more recently as well. The original Dodge trucks to carry the Warlock name were actually made with stubby beds, so I would have been out of luck if I wanted to get it in the style of the original setup anyway. It would have been the same as my other (current) truck, Chevy Silverado, with standard cab and 6'4 bed.

Had I been able to get my Warlock with what I consider a full size bed, it would have been one long a$$ ***** with the Quad Cab. With the way it is now, Quad Cab and "standard" bed, it is already longer than the last actual full size truck I had by about a foot or so. Chevy Cheyenne 1500, standard cab and actual full size bed of 8'.

All that being said, I miss the Warlock stickers, damn it! Went back and talked to the dealer I bought the truck from the other day about some other questions/concerns I had on the truck, and they told me, they ordered them specifically without the "Warlock" name on the outside because of concerns due to Political Correctness. That PC crap needs to go away. "Oh no, some people might be offended if I have a sticker on MY truck that says "Warlock" on my truck! Too bad, I am sorry you get offended so easily." There are lot more "offensive" stickers that DON'T usually get put on new vehicles from the dealer out there that seem to not cause problems.

Sorry for the rant.

Wulf

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm a new RAM owner, as of today, and a new member here. Traded in my 2019 4Runner for a new 2021 Warlock with tow package and 5.7L. Was considering a Tundra, but the test drive left me singularly unimpressed. Very happy with my new rig!
But even more important than you joining the Ram family, it looks even better being a part of the Warlock clan (just kidding). Welcome on both counts!

On a side note, the later model Toyotas (Tacomas, and a Tundra I saw the other day getting gas, I think the guy said it was a 2011) and current 4th Gen Ram offerings appear to have a lot of similarities on the body design side, and possible even earlier.

On the note about your setup, my Dad has a '17 Ram, a Tradesman I think, but same body style as mine (QC, 5.7, etc.) but my truck has the tow package, the slider bars on the center console (his doesn't), the entry in the setup screen on the speedo/tack gauge cluster, and also has something I enjoy reminding him his truck also doesn't have, a back up camera.

Last edited:

BadRat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
All that being said, I miss the Warlock stickers, damn it! Went back and talked to the dealer I bought the truck from the other day about some other questions/concerns I had on the truck, and they told me, they ordered them specifically without the "Warlock" name on the outside because of concerns due to Political Correctness.... "Oh no, some people might be offended if I have a sticker on MY truck that says "Warlock" on my truck! Too bad, I am sorry you get offended so easily."

Someone joked about the "Warlock" decal on my rig last week. I replied that I was once married to a witch.

BadRat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
But even more important than you joining the Ram family, it looks even better being a part of the Warlock clan (just kidding). Welcome on both counts!
Thanks, d00d! After spending some time here, I'm ****** that my truck didn't come with the front tow hooks! Oh well, with all the deer in my area, I'll probably be switching to a battleship-armor winch bumper that will come with multiple attachment points.

I'm also going to go with 18" wheels and real A/T tires. The snow and mud here can be impressive at times. Anyone need a set of new factory 20s with new OEM rubber? I'm in SW Colorado.

stembridge

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6
All that being said, I miss the Warlock stickers…
My budget precluded getting a Warlock, but did allow for enough accessories to make my Tradesman "sort of" look like one. I decided to call mine a "Warhawk" instead… I created the artwork and had a local sign shop cut them for me.

IMG_5340.jpeg

es

Wulf

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks, d00d! After spending some time here, I'm ****** that my truck didn't come with the front tow hooks! Oh well, with all the deer in my area, I'll probably be switching to a battleship-armor winch bumper that will come with multiple attachment points.

I'm also going to go with 18" wheels and real A/T tires. The snow and mud here can be impressive at times. Anyone need a set of new factory 20s with new OEM rubber? I'm in SW Colorado.

Me personally, if you are going to go with alternate wheels (I am too, the 20s just ride too damn rough), I would go with the size at least that COULD have come on the truck, 17's. I was originally planning to "factory" outfit mine with what I really wanted (long story, I know) and have it put on as it SHOULD have come from the factory, 17" wheels, tow hooks, fog/driving lights, etc. But after seeing a bunch of the aftermarket offerings out there, found a set of Fuel wheels I think would look even better on Big Blue (Hydro Blue Warlock, and it is taller/bigger than my Silverado).

You are the first person (other than me) that I have seen spell "DOOD" right, well, almost right.

I really like the look of the Warlock. I wish they made it in a single cab. It would be really wicked looking! Nice trucks everyone!

The originals (Warlocks) back in the 70s were single(standard) cab short bed. Also was out the same time as the Lil' Red Express and a bunch of others. Usually they were black with certain gold trim and paint accents, but according to my research before, they did offer other colors.

My budget precluded getting a Warlock, but did allow for enough accessories to make my Tradesman "sort of" look like one. I decided to call mine a "Warhawk" instead… I created the artwork and had a local sign shop cut them for me.

One thing I noticed about the factory WARLOCK stickers is they appear to have an outline around the lettering of clear plastic. Not sure if you took that into account, but if you didn't, if you really want that "factory" look, you could get them made with that as well, possibly. I want to get very close to paint color lettering made instead of the black lettering it comes with normally, sort of like a ghost image, but with that clear edge on them so it looks so close to factory except for the color.

Either way, looks cool as hell dood. I see you kept the same font in the new WARHAWK design as well. :) Awesome!

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Me personally, if you are going to go with alternate wheels (I am too, the 20s just ride too damn rough), I would go with the size at least that COULD have come on the truck, 17's. I was originally planning to "factory" outfit mine with what I really wanted (long story, I know) and have it put on as it SHOULD have come from the factory, 17" wheels, tow hooks, fog/driving lights, etc. But after seeing a bunch of the aftermarket offerings out there, found a set of Fuel wheels I think would look even better on Big Blue (Hydro Blue Warlock, and it is taller/bigger than my Silverado).

You are the first person (other than me) that I have seen spell "DOOD" right, well, almost right.

The originals (Warlocks) back in the 70s were single(standard) cab short bed. Also was out the same time as the Lil' Red Express and a bunch of others. Usually they were black with certain gold trim and paint accents, but according to my research before, they did offer other colors.

One thing I noticed about the factory WARLOCK stickers is they appear to have an outline around the lettering of clear plastic. Not sure if you took that into account, but if you didn't, if you really want that "factory" look, you could get them made with that as well, possibly. I want to get very close to paint color lettering made instead of the black lettering it comes with normally, sort of like a ghost image, but with that clear edge on them so it looks so close to factory except for the color.

Either way, looks cool as hell dood. I see you kept the same font in the new WARHAWK design as well. :) Awesome!
You dont see very many 70s warlocks. I have only seen a handful in my life. The little red wagons I see more at shows. I did see a really clean PW at cars and coffee a few weeks ago.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-08-31 at 12.31.14 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-08-31 at 12.31.14 PM.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 3
  • Screen Shot 2021-08-31 at 12.31.50 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-08-31 at 12.31.50 PM.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 3
  • Screen Shot 2021-08-31 at 12.31.34 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-08-31 at 12.31.34 PM.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 3

Wulf

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You dont see very many 70s warlocks. I have only seen a handful in my life. The little red wagons I see more at shows. I did see a really clean PW at cars and coffee a few weeks ago.
The only ones I have EVER seen have been through checking out the history of the name. FOR SALE ones, article/search pics, etc.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The only ones I have EVER seen have been through checking out the history of the name. FOR SALE ones, article/search pics, etc.
I have seen a few at shows like autorama and I saw one at a local show. They are really cool!

stembridge

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6

My local sign shop guy doesn't have the ability to reverse-print (on the underside of the clear vinyl before the adhesive is added), so I went with cut letters on satin black instead.

I could have had him add a clear overlaminate, but bubbles would eventually form due to the double vinyl thickness trapping air around the cut letters (I used to manage product branding for a large earthmoving machine manufacturer, which taught me a lot about vinyl decals!).

I couldn't find an exact match for the Warlock font, but it wasn't too hard to create the missing letters with Adobe Illustrator. :cool: Thanks for the compliment!

es

kurek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Went back and talked to the dealer I bought the truck from the other day about some other questions/concerns I had on the truck, and they told me, they ordered them specifically without the "Warlock" name on the outside because of concerns due to Political Correctness. That PC crap needs to go away.
:Big Laugh:I strongly doubt that dealer was speaking truthfully. I'm not really into all the problematic culture stuff but some of my work is corporate communications and that means I have to be aware of trends in language. The idea isn't to be insufferably PC but we'd like to do business with everybody and that goal isn't met when we call somebody by the wrong name. Warlock simply means a witch who is male, same idea as actor/actress, duke/duchess.. in other words it's a title rather than a characteristic (like race, nationality, etc) which is a crucial difference in how we talk with people.

When I was a kid my dad got all bent out of shape because "Dead End" signs were being changed to "Not A Through Street" signs because he was certain some PC initiative was victimizing all those poor Dead End signs dangit! :sparta: But the reality is that "Dead End" is jargon and "Not A Through Street" is more precise language. Nothing to do with PC, no need to get mad about it, just improvements because things only get better if we make them so.

I'm guessing that they don't order trucks with the Warlock stickers because some pencil pusher figured out that the average stickered Warlock truck spends 19 days on the lot before it sells and the average unstickered Warlock truck spends 15 days on the lot before it sells and that's all it took to make them change. Really no different from how Youtubers will upload a video with one name and thumbnail then change the name and thumbnail an hour later if they think it will change the performance metrics even a little bit.

BadRat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Replaced tires and wheels. The factory-supplied stuff never appealed to me. Went with 18 X9 Fuel wheels and slightly shorter LT tires. The improved road handling by itself made this worth while. But I like the new look, too.

Next, suspension. Front leveling at a minimum, but probably new shocks and spring all around.

IMG_.jpg

Wulf

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My local sign shop guy doesn't have the ability to reverse-print (on the underside of the clear vinyl before the adhesive is added), so I went with cut letters on satin black instead.

I couldn't find an exact match for the Warlock font, but it wasn't too hard to create the missing letters with Adobe Illustrator. :cool: Thanks for the compliment!

es
Looks like the only additional letter you would have had to make would be the H. Everything else is already in WARLOCK. Would just have to copy/move stuff around.

Me personally, I am thinking that even if there is not a local sign maker that can do the clear edging like I want, I will look around for someone that can do it that way, even if it takes me longer/costs more money.

:Big Laugh:I strongly doubt that dealer was speaking truthfully. I'm not really into all the problematic culture stuff but some of my work is corporate communications and that means I have to be aware of trends in language. The idea isn't to be insufferably PC but we'd like to do business with everybody and that goal isn't met when we call somebody by the wrong name. Warlock simply means a witch who is male, same idea as actor/actress, duke/duchess.. in other words it's a title rather than a characteristic (like race, nationality, etc) which is a crucial difference in how we talk with people.

When I was a kid my dad got all bent out of shape because "Dead End" signs were being changed to "Not A Through Street" signs because he was certain some PC initiative was victimizing all those poor Dead End signs dangit! :sparta: But the reality is that "Dead End" is jargon and "Not A Through Street" is more precise language. Nothing to do with PC, no need to get mad about it, just improvements because things only get better if we make them so.

I'm guessing that they don't order trucks with the Warlock stickers because some pencil pusher figured out that the average stickered Warlock truck spends 19 days on the lot before it sells and the average unstickered Warlock truck spends 15 days on the lot before it sells and that's all it took to make them change. Really no different from how Youtubers will upload a video with one name and thumbnail then change the name and thumbnail an hour later if they think it will change the performance metrics even a little bit.

I am well aware of what the name Warlock means, but there are some really religious people who have a problem with exactly what it means. Maybe "political correctness" isn't the most strictly accurate term in this case, but to me, it covers the ridiculous BS people have over some of the most simple things.

Also, strictly speaking, from my understanding, the terms "dead end", and "not a through street" are functionally not the same. Usually, a dead end has 1 street, one entrance, and you can't get back out any other way but the way you came in. "Not a through street" is similar, one way in, one way out, but there are often times more than 1 road in there, or one road that loops around on itself, so it appears to be more than 1 street.

Replaced tires and wheels. The factory-supplied stuff never appealed to me. Went with 18 X9 Fuel wheels and slightly shorter LT tires. The improved road handling by itself made this worth while. But I like the new look, too.

I am looking into getting replacement wheels as well. Originally, I was going to go with the factory 17" ones that could have come on it if ordered properly, but I have been looking around, and the Fuel Blitz wheels D674 is the look I think I am going to go with. I would have preferred the similar D673 Blitz, but they are not flat black with the darkened milled areas. I am going with the 17" wheels, better riding than the factory 20s, but not sure if I could get them in the exact same measurements as factory spec (17" yes, but offset, and wheel width, idk for sure) or would have to settle for something that would be "close enough".

SHDuke

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Dittos OP. I traded in a Fusion 1.5t, nice car but I was trashing it. I dont know if all Warlocks come with the 3.96 rear end, but holy smokes. I pulled out to pass doing about 10-12mph - and floored it, lit up the tires through 3 gears before I could reestablish my lane assignment. Total beast mode. I was waiting on break in to complete, I sort of slipped on this one... won't slip again lol.

BadRat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
On my truck it was an option that came with the tow package.