I need help purchasing an brand new Uconnect 8.4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ahk965

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi everyone, I've been searching for an upgrade for my 2017 ram limited Uconnect 8.4, which does not have Apple CarPlay, and I've found a guy on eBay from Mexico. He sells the unit brand new, and when I asked him about the anti-theft code, he told me that if the head unit was new, it doesn't need an anti-theft code anyone can confirm it? Because that's the only thing keeping me from sealing the deal.

and guys excuse my way of writing because my English is not that good I'm from Kuwait if anyone knows where it is :)

Joji91

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi everyone, I've been searching for an upgrade for my 2017 ram limited Uconnect 8.4, which does not have Apple CarPlay, and I've found a guy on eBay from Mexico. He sells the unit brand new, and when I asked him about the anti-theft code, he told me that if the head unit was new, it doesn't need an anti-theft code anyone can confirm it? Because that's the only thing keeping me from sealing the deal.

and guys excuse my way of writing because my English is not that good I'm from Kuwait if anyone knows where it is :)
The antitheft code shouldn't stop you. There's numerous ways to get it. I myself can get it for you aswell.

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
Assuming you have a US truck, make sure it is a US unit and not a Mexican unit. There differences and it will be hard to find software updates for a Mexican unit.

OP
OP
ahk965

ahk965

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The truck I've got is a middle eastern, and the unit is too

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
A brand new unused unit will not need an unlock code for the first vehicle it's installed into. Any vehicle after that... Yes

M² Mods.

18harvest

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I got one from him but it was from Canada.I didn't realize it until it was time to update the application firmware.thing is if it is a north American radio it will have north American maps only I think.if the ua? Radios are like the harmin radios I think you have Mexico north america and west of world radios.the radio I got was brand new but I don't think he accepts returns.

OP
OP
ahk965

ahk965

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I got one from him but it was from Canada.I didn't realize it until it was time to update the application firmware.thing is if it is a north American radio it will have north American maps only I think.if the ua? Radios are like the harmin radios I think you have Mexico north america and west of world radios.the radio I got was brand new but I don't think he accepts returns.

I think its the same guy you're talking about that you purchased your unit from and he doesn't accept returns but it says on the product description page that "No returns or exchanges, but item is covered by the eBay Money Back Guarantee"
and I spoke to the guys at infotainment.com and carperformance.se and both of them told me that the unit I need is UJQ ROW and its the one he offered me