I need help with wheel alignment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fengfengfeng

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Guys, I need help with one thing. My origial tires have been used for 120,000 kilometers, and now the outer side of the front tires is worn, do I need wheel alignment? Then change the tires. But I don't have the origial data, can you provide me? Inclination data, files, and pictures are all available.. The vehicle is a 2016 ram1500 sport 4wd with air suspension. thank you very much.
My brake pads were also not replaced, ordered Brembo pads but they haven't arrived. The tires are going to be changed to ko2, but the ko2 sold in China has no white characters, it is 8 layers instead of 10 layers. This makes me sad. Out of stock right now, I might have to wait a few months. Cooper at3 xlt has it, but it is rarely used in China. I heard that the tires are noisy and perform generally in the snow. So still hesitating. Before that, the price of the two tires was the same as $260. The ko2 raised the price to $333 because it was out of stock. I hope the price will be reduced when it arrives.
I really hope you understand what I'm talking about lol微信图片_20220725002025.jpg
----------
I've been poking around the forum for a day. I found air suspension from 16 years ago, standard suspension from 16 years, and they have different stats. Just can't find the wheel alignment drawings for the '16 air suspension. Do you have this picture? There is a clear range of data on that table.
SmartSelect_20220725-160807_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
You can't get a 4 wheel alignment on these trucks ... but "I" would get a wheel alignment regardless if my tires looked like that ...

OP
OP
F

fengfengfeng

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You can't get a 4 wheel alignment on these trucks ... but "I" would get a wheel alignment regardless if my tires looked like that ...
Hello, I understand what you mean, the translation software has translated the four-wheel alignment, but the rear axle of the truck cannot be adjusted, right? I wanted to do a wheel alignment, but the repair shop didn't have the values for this car and refused my request.

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Are you the original owner, is your Ram a 4X4, and have you been rotating the wheels regularly?

Personally, I wouldn't bother with an alignment until immediately after the tires are replaced.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
Hello, I understand what you mean, the translation software has translated the four-wheel alignment, but the rear axle of the truck cannot be adjusted, right? I wanted to do a wheel alignment, but the repair shop didn't have the values for this car and refused my request.
Correct ... you "can" do a thrust angle alignment but most shops don't even bother with that on these trucks ....

OP
OP
F

fengfengfeng

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Are you the original owner, is your Ram a 4X4, and have you been rotating the wheels regularly?

Personally, I wouldn't bother with an alignment until immediately after the tires are replaced.
That's right bro, I bought the truck in '16, and in '19 I locked the suspension height in the same 3rd gear on the rebel with alfaobd, but I didn't observe the tires at the time. I'm not quite sure when the tires wear out. I need to change tires soon, so I'll discuss whether or not to do wheel alignment when changing tires. But the repair shop has no data on the car. This car requires me to do a lot of work on the internet for any technical parameters other than regular maintenance.

OP
OP
F

fengfengfeng

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Correct ... you "can" do a thrust angle alignment but most shops don't even bother with that on these trucks ....
I feel the same way, maybe the repair shop thinks it's so simple and is too embarrassed to charge for it. However, if the 120,000 km tires will wear out like they are now, I can also accept it, haha

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
I feel the same way, maybe the repair shop thinks it's so simple and is too embarrassed to charge for it. However, if the 120,000 km tires will wear out like they are now, I can also accept it, haha
It is 74,000 miles so those tires kept their side of the bargain lol .... Just get new tires and get an alignment done ...

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It is 74,000 miles so those tires kept their side of the bargain lol .... Just get new tires and get an alignment done ...
^^^^^^^^^ DITTO ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
Are you referring to putting on new tires and having the repair shop do the wheel alignment based on experience?I'm a little scared .haha
If they have an alignment rack they should be able to align it without issues ... In your first post you did ask for data because you didn't have original data, do you mean their alignment rack doesn't have the ability to align Ram trucks ? Is it old? ...

OP
OP
F

fengfengfeng

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If they have an alignment rack they should be able to align it without issues ... In your first post you did ask for data because you didn't have original data, do you mean their alignment rack doesn't have the ability to align Ram trucks ? Is it old? ...
That's not what it means, the repair shop has alignment brackets, but he said that the original data of the vehicle is needed as a reference, he said that not all vehicle data are the same.

OP
OP
F

fengfengfeng

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
And determine the correct wheel rotation schedule for your vehicle. If you fail to rotate wheels on a proper schedule, the tires will wear out sooner, such as the shoulders on the front tires (especially on a 4X4).
I really didn't adjust the tire position, because one of the rear tires was scratched by the iron when the new car was new. I thought it would be a pity to throw it away. I found a technician who specializes in repairing tires. The fix was successful, but he advised me not to put it on the front wheel, just in case.

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I really didn't adjust the tire position, because one of the rear tires was scratched by the iron when the new car was new. I thought it would be a pity to throw it away. I found a technician who specializes in repairing tires. The fix was successful, but he advised me not to put it on the front wheel, just in case.

You can likely obtain lots of information online about the importance of regular wheel rotations.
If you plan to keep your tires and have them performing properly, wheel rotation is not optional. :cool:

Also, if I were to have a tire repaired and then was informed that it should never be installed on the front-end, I wouldn't be comfortable having it on the rear either.

YMMV (your mileage may vary, meaning some people might approve of this and others will not). :cool:

Sudden failure of a tire at highway speeds can serious or fatal. I'm not willing to take that gamble.

Last edited: