I really like the new Meguiars Hybrid Ceramic Wax!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Glenn54

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I tried the Macguires Hybrid Ceramic Wax today. I'm anxious to see how it does. Taking our first real trip in the Ram next week to Albuquerque then to Colorado. The darn love bugs are out in force so I wanted to do something to help protect the paint. I will see how well it works and give a report in a few weeks.

I felt like I had ran a marathon when I was done. It's hell to be old.

OP
OP
T

TSR6

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My truck has never stayed this clean after a product. It seems to really repel dust as well as telling water to “get off of me!!!”
Before I had to wash it after 3-4 dry days but it’s looking pretty good after a whole week and even with some rain mixed in! I washed just the rims tonight but they weren’t nearly as caked on as usual. The whole truck with get a bath this weekend. I’ll hit the wifemobile with a coating at the same time.

Again, I used the mother’s CMX but I think it’s pretty much the same as the Meguiars

If the Mothers CMX is similar in performance and application - might be able to just use whatever is cheaper at the time. My Meg's bottle is going to last me both cars till the frost hits though, I can say that for sure.

OP
OP
T

TSR6

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have been using the Maguires Blue ceramic stuff and this:

https://www.amazon.com/Shine-Armor-Fortify-Quick-Coat/dp/B07LHB3B2Q

This stuff really does create an incredible shine.

I have used it too. It's not bad, I just wish it was labelled or intended to be more of just a wax versus the "waterless wash" they market it as. It shines good. However, It's still not as simple to use as the Meguiar's Hybrid thanks to the wash off and dry method.

Shine Armor is also a little expensive if you ask me.

roadwr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You can vet it in pill form or as a cream.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Abaco

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Let us know if you do...

Just an update for you. I cleaned and waxed the boat and tried the ceramic wax on a part of the boat. The result is that there was no great noticeable difference in the fiberglass section. Oh wee, at least it was a good try.

GeeZee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm pretty impressed with this hybrid ceramic wax. I put two coats on about a month ago. It has a nice gloss and the water beads really well. I cannot yet comment on the longevity but it's been through four foam cannon washes and still looks and beads great - which is more than I can say for some other waxes I've tried.

Brandam1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I love this stuff. I use it on both my ram and my work truck.

madtrucker2016

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I finally used it ,was on my shelve in garage for some time. This stuff does very good even on the black hard plastic surfaces cant believe what it looks like after using it. I just ordered 4 bottles from Advance Auto Parts paid 13.59 a bottle with free shipping.

Tim Garceau

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport Quad BSP
Engine
3.92 8 Speed 5.7 4X4
I finally used it ,was on my shelve in garage for some time. This stuff does very good even on the black hard plastic surfaces cant believe what it looks like after using it. I just ordered 4 bottles from Advance Auto Parts paid 13.59 a bottle with free shipping.

Are you on the base coat or spray and rinse?

madtrucker2016

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Are you on the base coat or spray and rinse?
Just washed truck very clean wiped it down, then sprayed the wax on ,rinse it off and wipe dry with a micro towel. What I like is the black hard plastic moldings look like new again. I sprayed the Rims on my Laramie with it too does nice job on them too.

Damion

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So now that this has been out for a while, any reviews on how long / well it lasts?

Loudram

Just a sinner saved by grace
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for this thread. I saw this stuff today at Walmart and wondered if it was really that good. Now I know. I'll be using this soon. Have to clay the truck first.

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
I applied this to my wife's Jeep last summer. Its been extremely great! I waah her car 1X a month and even when its dirty it still shines!
I'm very pleased with all of Meguiars products. Its all I use
Yes I believe in the Meguiars ceramic coating. I will be putting another coat on it when this one wears off.

Blue Mule

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
I have used for the last year and just recently switched to Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Liquid Wax .. both work really good and I don't prefer one over the other ....

G200416_Hero_web.png

Donn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So now that this has been out for a while, any reviews on how long / well it lasts?

I've been using this on three different vehicles for almost a year now. I use a spray detailing wax on occasion in between full-on waxes. I don't know that this lasts any longer than a normal wax job. It might squeak out a little longer time, but what I seem to think lends to someone choosing & using this is the ease of use.

I've been a fanatic about cleaning and waxing my cars and trucks for 35 years now. I don't trust anyone to do the same or better job than I can. Now at 51 years old. I appreciate some time saving and wear and tear on my joints.

I still believe your going to have to clay bar and do some detailing, but this product saves some time. I just bought a bottle of the liquid wax version (shown above). I used it on my truck this last week and it went on smooth and came off easy. Beading was excellent afterwards.

Hope this helps.

Rabbit929

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 ETorque Hemi
I’ve been using it for about 3 months. I love it, I figure it seems to last about 2 months or so if you wash once every two weeks. (without using it)
Most spray waxes don’t seem to last very long by themselves, which is why I stay far away from the $40 chemical brothers gel wax. For the cost, and longevity, one bottle of meguires will do triple the expensive chemical brothers does. I started using it on all my motorcycles too.
Best bang for the buck for a traditional wax seems to be nu-finish. (Orange old fashioned lookin bottle)
Stuff costs about the same and I’ve seen it hold up for over a year. Also a cheap wax but super effective.
Most of these new waxes claiming “ceramic” is just a bit of silica in the mix, which makes it behave like ceramic coats by the water beading. It’s not actually ceramic, but a much more feasible solution than a true ceramics coat.
**TIP!!! Try it on your windshield. You’ll thank me later. ;)