I swear, I'm really trying to get a Ram, but......

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Not in your search area but look at Tony Domiano in Scranton PA. Even still has 2 new 2018 Rams. They were easy to work with and I did everything in phone and via email. First time I saw truck was the day I picked it up. Good luck

JCE

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
we'll live without A/C seats
That was a deal breaker on some I found. I gotta have vented seats. I hate being hot, especially the craw when driving long distances for hours at a time. LOL

Last edited:

JW2 Innovations

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 2500
Engine
Not in your search area but look at Tony Domiano in Scranton PA. Even still has 2 new 2018 Rams. They were easy to work with and I did everything in phone and via email. First time I saw truck was the day I picked it up. Good luck
That's incredible...2018's? I checked out the site and one is a 6.4L 2500 Laramie: Not sure they are real, didn't call...but if they are and someone looking for a gasser it's $59.7K

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4
That's incredible...2018's? I checked out the site and one is a 6.4L 2500 Laramie: Not sure they are real, didn't call...but if they are and someone looking for a gasser it's $59.7K

No real picture = probably don't actually have it. Software glitch or something, IMO.

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
The dealership has a number of locations spread out quite a bit. I am sure those two 2018s are legitimate. Never hurts to ask. When the truck isn't in their possession they have a small badge that says in transit. I know when I bought my truck they had a ton of leftovers at their various lots. I wonder if this was somewhere else and haven't detailed it yet to get the picture. Anyway, good people and I got a great deal with them.

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
That was a deal breaker on some I found. I gotta have vented seats. I hate being hot, especially the craw when driving long distances for hours at a time. LOL
Yeah but that Butt Gravy makes it so much easier to Glide Walk, when you finally get out of the truck.
jut got to remember to Wipe, every so often.

DylanStanRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Three months back I found a nearly fully loaded new 2022 Laramie for a great deal after searching new and used for 6 months. AutonNation outside of Dallas had it listed online for 75,000. I called on it and after getting pics and video asked for a bottom dollar price. Out the door they quoted me 60,000 in writing.
I drove the 5 hours to Dallas the next day and bought it.

It had everything I wanted except the 360 camera views which I’m trying to have added but so far no luck.
Split tailgate rambox off road package 13” screen sunroof gun safe bed liner you name it it’s got it minus that next step up safety/camera package.

My local Ram sales guy told me that’s less than his employee discount. I haven’t found a truck this loaded for anywhere under 70,000 since.

I talked to at least 50 dealerships before landing on this one. Keep at it and you’ll find a good deal somewhere!

RodRamCar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Longhorn
Engine
5.7 4x4 w/ 3.92s
Problem you may face if it turns to a buyers market is your trade will come in lower so its kind of a wash but get a price on the vehicle you want and don't disclose you have a trade UNTIL you get the price of the vehicle you want where it needs to be. Then you have the power.

sam darakjy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Tradesman Crew Cab 4x4
Engine
6.4 Hemi
As most of you know, I'm currently scouring everywhere from the Midwest to the South looking for a good deal on a Ram 1500 pickup.

The first lucky hopeful was a 2019 Laramie, with 21K miles, and everything you could get! Delmonico over silver two tone, 4x4, panoramic roof, 12" screen, it had it all. Asking price was $48K, which was higher than Willie Nelson, so I tried to negotiate with them on it, they came down to $45,900, still too high for it, and far away from my $40,000 offer. And they have had it since March! (They still have it, and I submitted it for a trade valuation - Vroom offered $27,800 for it. They'll have a good time in the auction lane!)

Thought I found one this morning at AutoNation in Fort Worth, TX. Brand new 2022 Lone Star, had everything I was after, with rebates and what have you, the listed price was $43,183 before taxes and fees.

I immediately called and started a dialogue to buy the truck, and asked for a emailed OTD quote, and was told they would have to have a manager approval do that. I asked why, and then they said the truck already had a $2076 accessory package installed, one item of which being some electronic tracking device......and I'm trying to buy new to get a truck that hasn't had it's wiring played with!

AutoNation would not come off the price a single dollar holding firm to "It's already on the truck", with me parrying with "But I didn't ASK for it." then they tell me nearly every dealer does this.

So I called my local CDJR dealer, and they proudly admitted they do it too, and don't disclose it on the website.

So, I swear, I'm hunting, but man are they making it hard!

Tim

I just pa new Tacoma and wasn't looking for any extras or goodies added. Found one that was in transit to local dealer before they had a chance to add anything. Thank goodness since each vehicle they get low jack for $1400 ...no thanks.

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4
It had everything I wanted except the 360 camera views which I’m trying to have added but so far no luck.

There's no good solutions aftermarket and I haven't seen anyone with complete success retrofitting OEM components. It was a non-negotiable option for me.

OCVstar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 etorque
My 2 cents.
my last 2 Ram purchases were a pleasure. ( no dealer pressur or ********)
In 2019 I bought a beautiful 2019 1500 from Enterprise car rental. 12k miles
This year I bought a 2021 Ram 1500 from CarMax. 5k miles
I was very happy with the deal I got and the people in both cases were a pleasure to deal with.

DaPurrs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 e-Torque
When I bought my 21, the dealer had installed lo-jack for $600 on all trucks already. I said I didnt want it but they didnt budge. Got home and took the kick panel off and its stilling in my toolbox. Lo-jack must think I never drive since it is battery powered. Just was glad that it was not hooked into wiring at all.

OP
OP
Zorin

Zorin

Reaction score
When I bought my 21, the dealer had installed lo-jack for $600 on all trucks already. I said I didnt want it but they didnt budge. Got home and took the kick panel off and its stilling in my toolbox. Lo-jack must think I never drive since it is battery powered. Just was glad that it was not hooked into wiring at all.
The dealer didn't understand when I told them if the truck gets stolen.....I DON'T WANT IT BACK.

Cabinetman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 etorque
I have been shopping for a month. Needed to buy something before the year ends for taxes. Finally found my 2021 Bighorn/Lonestar Delmonico Red, 20" 4x4, 24,550 miles, 5.7 Etorque with an extended 100K PT warranty at $48.5K OTD. This truck is immaculate! I still can't believe my luck!

Homesteadyram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8 Hemi
Honestly, I live near Knoxville and found that simply buying a truck here was 3-4k more expensive than driving a couple hours outside of where I live by virtue of everyone moving here and tourism. Dealers were pretty scummy and absurd with their prices but they just had a screw you some idiot will buy it attitude. I even tried offering one dealer the ASKING PRICE but they claimed they couldnt do it without an $800 doc fee, they eventually texted accepting but screw them.

I ended up going with Carvana, yes I have read the horror stories, but I used my own financing and my bank requires a photo copy of the title before anything can move forward. I got a quad cab and realized it was not big enough and swapped it for a crew cab, then at the last minute I found a 2019 Big Horn with upgraded seats, level 2 equipment (heated seats, dampened tailgate, sensors, etc. etc.) and the 20" upgraded tires and seats, with only 23,000miles for $37k which I think is square deal, the cheapest a dealer by me would list that truck would be closer to 40k then they fight you for 3 grand in made up fees, no thanks. The oils been changed every five thousand and its in amazing shape on this truck. I am extremely happy with it and the price considering its a v8 4x4 crew cab in excellent condition.

Carvana is a soulless corporation, but honestly was extremely flexible and easy to work with. I know some have horror stories but I think it can be used to your advantage and I found a really great deal and clean truck. I have a 3 month warranty where If I bring it to a dealer and they diagnose a myriad of issues they will ussually cover it no questions asked. They fixed a cut in the bed lining on the side of the truck quickly that i noticed after I got it. Absolutely love this truck, but make sure if you order anything online you have an extremely talented mechanic inspect it. My neighbor is a master mechanic so once I got his go ahead I was thrilled.