I think I am done with Chrysler products

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tidefan1967

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Speaking of recalls I believe Toyota is the KING of recalls although the vast majority of recalls are ********. Does Toyota even make a truck to take the place of a Powerwagon? Just asking.

Grand Mesa

Reaction score
Although this Ford dealership is a 2 hour drive under ideal conditions up north along the Front Range, you may want to read their recent customer service review.

https://www.thedrive.com/news/32189...arged-ford-mustang-gt-during-rowdy-test-drive

BTW, I feel for you. I drove four GM trucks from 1980 through 2017 with a combined mileage of over 1.4 million miles. All my GM trucks had some major issues and failures due to **** poor engine and transmission designs and some cost cutting measures. My favorite was their leaving out of a 25 cent clutch pivot ball zerk fitting on my 1995 K1500 manual transmission. Within 10,000 miles the clutch fork grease within the bell housing would be entirely gone. Nothing better than attempting to disengage the clutch and the pedal just grinds to a stop. I can't recommend GM trucks.

pacofortacos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I tend to ignore most recalls, if there isn't a problem why bother.
Such as the autopark recall - though they forgot to let the tech know I didn't want that one done and went ahead and did it - now I have to bother with that issue when moving with the door open.

A lot of recalls are CYA by the manufacturers. It's different if it is one that has a part being replaced or checking the tightness of a bolt/nut, but flashing of the PCM for some problem that I don't experience, well I'll pass.

Headgaskets and oil pumps failing are relatively rare, but like anything else, when it is on your vehicle it does affect you.
IMO, fix it or dump it and move on. Life is too short to stress over a vehicle.

I have been on Tundra and Ford forums and they look pretty much like this one - in fact almost identical - with people doing similar things to their vehicles and complaining about things that are wrong that they feel shouldn't be. It's just the nature of things.

pacofortacos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My issue is the amount of times these vehicles go into the repair shop. I am frustrated with the dealer. The dealer hires these folks to represent their organization. Car sales and service is a service industry. Poir service equates to poor outcomes.
Unfortunately this does represent the brand. Poor outcomes and low quality control leads to many issues and repairs.

I do enjoy the capability and functions of the truck. Hell I like the truck. My issue is the quality of the truck. I have had a new oil pump, new trans, new ac motor, new window motor plus recalls. Makes it tough to continue to like it....only 23k on the clock.

If I broke it I get it, but spending that much money on a vehicle to be treated poorly for service. Makes it a no go in my book. Just my 2 cents I guess. Yep I'm steamed right now. I will be looking at other trucks as I dont know about the reliability of this one.

I get the being frustrated with the dealer - often their people skills are lacking.

Several of the things you have had done are relatively rare failures (except maybe the window regulator and the aftermarket replacement isn't any better - it is the freezing of the window shut that ruins most of those - damn plastic parts).
Recalls - why make a special trip? I do agree with you though on the one point - why issue a recall AND schedule the vehicle in for service IF the dealer doesn't have the parts, if needed, to complete the repair. It is BS to do that - but rather commonplace now days. Like you, when they do that it just ****** me off.

If I had to guess, I would say the liner was done by you and not a part failure - it appears as if you do use the truck off road (going by your picture).
The decal is most likely from all of the anti skid they put on the roads or rocks being flung up when off road as that is the area that tends to get blasted from stuff coming off of the tires.
Neither are what I would consider a part failure (decal - maybe and stress maybe) but more likely damage. Part failure and damage failure are 2 different things as damage is on the owner.

HOWEVER, like you and I agree with you 100%, there is NO excuse for being treated poorly for service.

That being said, are you upset because they didn't give you those parts for free or just because of his comment??

OP
OP
Meister

Meister

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
I get the being frustrated with the dealer - often their people skills are lacking.

Several of the things you have had done are relatively rare failures (except maybe the window regulator and the aftermarket replacement isn't any better - it is the freezing of the window shut that ruins most of those - damn plastic parts).
Recalls - why make a special trip? I do agree with you though on the one point - why issue a recall AND schedule the vehicle in for service IF the dealer doesn't have the parts, if needed, to complete the repair. It is BS to do that - but rather commonplace now days. Like you, when they do that it just ****** me off.

If I had to guess, I would say the liner was done by you and not a part failure - it appears as if you do use the truck off road (going by your picture).
The decal is most likely from all of the anti skid they put on the roads or rocks being flung up when off road as that is the area that tends to get blasted from stuff coming off of the tires.
Neither are what I would consider a part failure (decal - maybe and stress maybe) but more likely damage. Part failure and damage failure are 2 different things as damage is on the owner.

HOWEVER, like you and I agree with you 100%, there is NO excuse for being treated poorly for service.

That being said, are you upset because they didn't give you those parts for free or just because of his comment??

I take ownership if I break something, no big deal. I'm more upset at the way the guy addressed things, the original reason I took it in was sounds like a rabbit running on a wheel when the blower motor comes on. They couldn't replicate.....I really dont care about the stupid sticker, the fender line is 100 online. I'm frustrated by the service. I dont expect anything for free, but a rational explanation goes a long ways. If the guy said man you look like you have fun in this thing, unfortunately we dont know what caused this and cant cover it. But keep having fun in that truck use it for what its for... much better outcome. This is the straw that broke the back

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have to say this forum is great and I appreciate all the replies. Sounds like others think the same about FCA

Agreed.

But you have to be realistic... if you switch ships to, say Ford, or Chevy, or Toyota, or... hell, it just doesnt matter... you have the potential to get the same ********. Period.

I would be mad by the dealers treatment too. And by the issues you have had with your FCA products. However, changing to any of the other “big 3” might result in the same ****.

There are zillions of FCA customers out there that have had absolutely no issues with there products, and had great service from there dealers. Maybe you will get lucky and find that experience elsewhere. After all, you are entitled to it.

GOOD LUCK!

crazy jerry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You know what man voice your opinion you have a right to with all the repairs you have had done I hear you. Everyone wants to blame you or go not my truck lol. Mines had major repairs at 20k a head gasket, and my drag link nut was loose. My wife's 6.7 ford over 125k zero issues and I am wondering if I made a bad choice. My raptor 6.2 was also bulletproof. Not trying to sell ford and I am sure I will make people butt hurt but you know what I call what I see right in front of me. Chrysler used to sell the most unreliable **** before the bailout and supposedly this company FCA has gotten better I am starting to wonder. You have all your repairs I got this at less than 27k miles a head gasket, loose drag link, and 9 recalls and your ******** and I guess I am there with you.

i dont know why your still here. surely you have ford dealers within walking distance ?

the head gasket ive never heard about another instance so your case seems very rare. sucks you were the unlucky buyer but these are mass produced vehicles. expecting 100% reliability is foolish.

the jam nut on your drag link was loose ? grab a ******** wrench and tighten it. you spent hours crying about it several times. 30seconds and you could of tighten it and went on about your life

the 9recalls or however many there is are mostly frivolous **** if you ask me but some poeople want to act like the sky is crashing down

56PW17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Speaking of recalls I believe Toyota is the KING of recalls although the vast majority of recalls are ********. Does Toyota even make a truck to take the place of a Powerwagon? Just asking.
I had a bunch on my 05 Tacoma. Had the frame recall also but never had it done. Still have the truck. It’s got 47k miles on it

Grand Mesa

Reaction score

Toyota's latest fire of recalls. February 14, 2020.

"If you’ve just bought a new Toyota or Lexus, your vehicle may need its engine replaced. Over 44,000 cars and SUVs from the 2019 and 2020 model years are being recalled because they may overheat, stall, or even catch fire." Impacts just 250 engines of 44,000, but they have to check the serial numbers on all of the suspected blocks.

https://www.consumerreports.org/car...s-recall-replace-engine-avalon-camry-rav4-es/

Last edited:

crazy jerry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had a bunch on my 05 Tacoma. Had the frame recall also but never had it done. Still have the truck. It’s got 47k miles on it

'04 tacoma trd here. cant remember if i got a notice about the frame but mine isnt rusted so i didnt lose a wink of sleep over it. other wise, 0 recalls according to the nhtsa site

'03 vibe ( rebadged toyota matrix) with 0 recalls according to nhtsa site

'17 wagon with 4 recalls and theyre frivolous ******** imo. trans shift inter lock. cruise control thing. tailgate actuator limiter. draglink. i did put a synergy draglink on but only because im on 37s and was already under there installing thuren springs and track bar. had i been staying stock, im not sure i would of bothered replacing it because im not convinced its as big of a deal as people make it out to be. most people panicked for no reason imo

Halligan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I agree that many of the items we deal with are BS. My truck has it's list of issue's that annoy me as well. Some of them are same ones your are mentioning. My trucks paid off so I'm not as hot to trot to dump it but when the time comes I'm not too sure I'll go FCA. As for dealership experiences, I have some horror stories of my own and have been totally let down by my local dealership.

Sure am curious about the new Tundra thats' coming........

pacofortacos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I take ownership if I break something, no big deal. I'm more upset at the way the guy addressed things, the original reason I took it in was sounds like a rabbit running on a wheel when the blower motor comes on. They couldn't replicate.....I really dont care about the stupid sticker, the fender line is 100 online. I'm frustrated by the service. I dont expect anything for free, but a rational explanation goes a long ways. If the guy said man you look like you have fun in this thing, unfortunately we dont know what caused this and cant cover it. But keep having fun in that truck use it for what its for... much better outcome. This is the straw that broke the back

I get that. A lot of the people working at the desk really need more people skills - even the best mechanical repair can't fix the foul taste bad people skills leave.

As far as the blower - do you have a cabin filter for the heater/AC in the PW like the newer 1500's do?
It's possible if you do that the filter is falling apart.
IF you don't it's possible that there is a leaf or twig that somehow managed to make its way to the blower motor.
Last cause would be a dry bearing starting to make noise in the blower motor itself.

Does the noise go away after either A. the blower has been running awhile or B. after the interior of the truck warms up? If it is A. could you get there for them to hear it without running the blower?

Unfortunately, gone are the days when a tech can hang a part as a good faith guess to make the customer happy. Between budget tightening and more importantly lemon law cases, most dealers will not hang a part or tear into something without seeing/hearing a problem - just the world we live in now.

ALRedneck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I’ve owned all of the big 3 trucks and our family car has been GMs, Toyotas, ford and a Honda. Never had a major issue with any(yes I’m knocking on wood right now). All has had little things go wrong. I think bottom line is they are are equal and just buy what you like. Luckily Meister’s problem occurred under warranty and it sucks to have that many issues. However, their are still many miles left under warranty and trading would take a depreciation hit for sure.

BoldAdventure

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I started the drag link recall thread and last time I checked ******** about complete steering failure and my drag link coming apart are valid. Maybe if Ram would stop building pieces of **** I wouldn't have to keep going in for recalls or here other members complain on things that are valid. My ford Raptor 6.2 never went in once before I sold it at 100k miles. This truck new head gasket at 20k, **** drag link and what 9 recalls and were ******** get the f**k outta here. If anyone hates what I have to say then oh well I give two ***** less I paid a ton for my truck and have a valid point and i also dont live in Neverland and pretend everything is great with recalls everyday in the mail.

I have a friend with the 3.5L Raptor who has had his in for warranty work 32 times now. And they've replaced both turbos already. I think he's finally gonna buy a Power Wagon.

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
The Dealer essentially states the truck is for paved surfaces only and not for off road use?
If that was my Dealer support, think I would find another brand too.

Good luck with you Lexus.
Friend has 3 of them. Not a fan, Myself, but each his own.
Psst, he is my ******* Friend but I like him anyway., Tell him all the time.

No way would I get a Tundra, not even to sell.
Would feel to horrible selling it anyone dumb enough to buy it.
Ford, yeah, Chevy, If I had too but a Toyota? No Just can't go there.
again, each his own.

OP
OP
Meister

Meister

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
The Dealer essentially states the truck is for paved surfaces only and not for off road use?
If that was my Dealer support, think I would find another brand too.

Good luck with you Lexus.
Friend has 3 of them. Not a fan, Myself, but each his own.
Psst, he is my ******* Friend but I like him anyway., Tell him all the time.

No way would I get a Tundra, not even to sell.
Would feel to horrible selling it anyone dumb enough to buy it.
Ford, yeah, Chevy, If I had too but a Toyota? No Just can't go there.
again, each his own.

Appreciate the info, so at lexus they give me water and coffee to go...just hit 5k service oh and they gave me a 75k loaner for the day....its not a truck I still have the wagon. Tundras are great for what they are, wish they could be more off road. If I had to do it again I'd take my totaled tundra and add lockers....I had a 17 tundra with 33s and a few upgrades....no lockers tho...sucked off road but I'd pay to change it.... zero issues til it was totaled

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My brother is a toyota fanboy. Has had several tacoma, has been running a tundra now for a while. Loves em. Dont they have a rear locker from the factory?

smithwessn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
My brother is a toyota fanboy. Has had several tacoma, has been running a tundra now for a while. Loves em. Dont they have a rear locker from the factory?

The Tacoma has a locking rear diff. That isn't available in the tundra though. (Last time I checked anyway)

RSL0311USMC

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
M
Engine
M
i dont know why your still here. surely you have ford dealers within walking distance ?

the head gasket ive never heard about another instance so your case seems very rare. sucks you were the unlucky buyer but these are mass produced vehicles. expecting 100% reliability is foolish.

the jam nut on your drag link was loose ? grab a ******** wrench and tighten it. you spent hours crying about it several times. 30seconds and you could of tighten it and went on about your life

the 9recalls or however many there is are mostly frivolous **** if you ask me but some poeople want to act like the sky is crashing down
First of genius do you have any idea how a drag link works. The fact that it was loose enables it to wobble causing the threads to get jacked up eventually leading to separation but obviously you think your smarter than me. If you actually read my entire thread you will know I put thread locker on there and did tighten it up to get by. But when I spend 60k on a truck I shouldnt have to worry if its going to fail if my wife drives my truck especially when a redesigned part is available. So the fact that there have been serious accidents leading to this recall I could really care less about your half ass permanent fix and the next time you wanna say a combat vet is over here crying buddy I will gladly give you my address so you can come over and talk **** in person. I have my automotive certification I dont need your lip if I did I would raddle my zipper for you ******* !!! Good luck to all the members i did chat with on here execpt for this internet warrior but i am signing off this forum I dont have patience for stupidity.