Help Support Ram Forum by donating:

I think I am done with Chrysler products

Discussion in 'Dodge Ram Power Wagon' started by Meister, Feb 14, 2020.

1. Trailmaker

Trailmaker Locked and Loaded

Ram Year:
    2019 PW
    Engine:
    I don’t disagree I guess I’m just more easy-going and rather fix the little stuff myself as it seems to be fairly simple 15 to 30 minute job and I don’t think graphics or paint is warranty covered to easily

DarthMegaHD and tidefan1967 like this.
  2. Meister

Meister Senior Member Supporting Member Military

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    6.4 hemi

Kate previous issues have been completed at the dealer. I have lost trust and faith in the FCA brand and service at this dealership. Repairs appear to be shoddy at best. Then telling me a truck isnt supposed to flex amd that's my problem....its ok I wont spend the money on any more FCA brands. In fact I wont be utilizing them again for service.

3. Meister

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    6.4 hemi
    If you like shitty service that's on you. We live in the 21st century. They charge a shit ton of money for these trucks, yet the use cheap material and have bad attitudes. Can you image going to Bugatti and being treated this way? Service is service. I guess if your willing to just accept that. Then it falls on you. However the longer folks get away with this type of treatment only makes it more acceptable.

DarthMegaHD, HemiTO and 56PW17 like this.
  4. Meister

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    6.4 hemi

A few kinks sure no problem. Large failures is not acceptable. If you buy something new it should have some trouble free times

DarthMegaHD and HemiTO like this.
  5. Travelin Ram

Travelin Ram Senior Member

Somewhere in NA. Probably. We travel a lot.
    Ram Year:
    Engine:
    With all the repairs you listed for that truck it’s definitely a lemon. I understand where you’re coming from. My patience is short on expensive vehicles that don’t perform. I’d have traded it off some time ago.

I really enjoy driving Rams, which is why I buy them. My experience has been they have all required more warranty repairs than the other brands, unfortunately. But I’ve never had one as bad as yours.

cop4hire likes this.
  6. chri5k

chri5k Senior Member Supporting Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Diesel
    I get acceptable service from my local dealer when I need something from them. I also get acceptable service from from my local independent garage. I think every brand has its issues but by and large most customers are satisfied. If one truly has a lemon, the laws around that seem to work pretty well. If you want to find a dealer to who will cater to your every whim and fix things you break at no charge that probably won't happen with a mass market product or dealer.

If you pony up $3M+ for a Chiron or $19M for a La Voiture Noire, I can guarantee you the dealer will cater to your every whim and fix things you break for free. The vehicle will be flawless when you take delivery. Hit a curb and scuff a wheel, they will replace it. Sit in the seat with a pen in you pocket and mark up the leather. They will reupholster the seat free of charge. Run over a branch on the estate and tear the wheel well liner. They will replace it for free. Short of intentionally destroying the vehicle, they work tirelessly to make you happy and do it with a smile. They will call you the Grand Poobah Oh Exalted Customer if you wish. They will serve you food and drink in their lounge if you choose to wait for your vehicle to be serviced. They will loan you an equivalent vehicle if yours is inoperable. They will fly parts overnight via private courier from the factory if they don't have what they need at the dealer. The service you will get from them will be truly impeccable. Perhaps then you will be happy.

I know people in that business and short of it being illegal or immoral, there is not much they won't do to make a sale or please a customer after the sale. See they don't want you telling your buddies on bugattiforum.com that Bugatti sucks when dealing with $3M+ cars. To them, reputation is everything.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2020
  7. 56PW17

56PW17 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    I don’t know how this thread got to comparing 3mm cars service to ram HD pick ups service but here’s my opinion.

back to meister on your original post. I feel your pain on recalls and broken parts. I also feel your pain on dealing with a a sh!t service center. I love my ram but I have to admit some service center treat you like dogsh!t. In most of my experiences I have to cool myself off because of the level of disrespect that comes across the counter (a majority of the time). I have found a service center that takes pride in being just that. A center for service. And it shows in how they treat their customers and the repairs they make.

I suggest you try and find one for yourself. I travel an hour away for the one I go to because the 4 around me are such D!ckheads. oil changes in the (fast lane) at the “largest and best” center by me is routinely 2.5-3 hrs. I go to the mobile One down the road and laugh when it takes 15 mins or less.

As for your broken parts. This is frustrating to say the least. If the truck is under warranty I would demand the parts be fixed. End of story. I don’t understand what a warranty is for if you can’t get parts replaced and fixed the right way when broken.

If you have tried the FCA brand and it doesn’t meet your standards, which in your case with all you have dealt with it doesn’t sound like it does I would try and lemon the truck. It’s a pretty easy process and a lawyer will do all the work for you. I hope you find a brand that has a quality product that you can enjoy and not spend so much time in the shop. Nothing more frustrating than spending money paying for a truck while it’s in the shop. Good luck man. Sorry to hear you have all these issues.

8. Meister

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    6.4 hemi
    So your ok with getting shitty service...got it. Thanks for being an internet ninja with a touch of narcissism....your cool bro

9. Meister

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    6.4 hemi

I like the ram alot but man the repairs and issues with service sucks....I'm frustrated by the experience. Unfortunately lemon laws I believe have to have the same part go put 3 times or like 3 transmission issues

10. 56PW17

56PW17 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    do yourself a favor and call a lemon attorney. I had one issue with my truck and they were confident they could get it through with the lemon law for a replacement or buy out. really its just a phone call and they will be sympathetic.

i understand your frustration

Meister likes this.