I think I am done with Chrysler products

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Meister

Meister

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
If you drive off road you should expect some type of damage. So many things can can and will damage your truck. Don't blame FCA for bad quality because you damaged your truck driving off road.
Didnt realize driving the truck on road would cause the other issues...guess u forgot to read that part

Timster

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
8 pages in three days with the consensus that his experience has indeed been below average and certainly that of the dealership has been less than professional and a very poor representation of the company themselves.

I would hope at the very least RamCares has reached out to Meister independently of this thread. I hope this is not the best concern and effort any of us can expect in similar situations, they understand our feelings and write us off.

I indeed hope I am mistaken. Attitude is everything and Meister even commented that this was a driving factor in his complaint. This has been a disappointing thread on a number of levels.

Igot4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I’d be more inclined to find a new dealer, but that’s just me. My neighbor is a big Toyota and Lexus guy and aside from the couch-like drive he liked them a lot until..... 2 transmission replacements under warranty in 2 years. I’ll take 10 recalls over being left on the side of the road anyday. I had a 2012 Escalade engine go at 100k miles and a 2015 Navigator that was in the shop so much that our neighbors forgot which vehicle we owned (not recalls, just issues). My wife loves driving her Durango RT I love driving my 2018 2500. I looked at the tundra and aside from being forced into a mini bed because I need the crew cab, it was nice. All vehicles have issues, but your dealer is a butthead. Good luck to you, in your search for a off-road vehicle that excites you and has good dealer service.

HemiTO

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I guess 3 vehicles, 26 times in the shop in 3 years is to be expected? The Lexus cost less then the challenger and about the same as the Durango. So figure the vehicles go in for work, order parts etc call it 2 days. So you think it's acceptable to without your vehicle for 2 weeks a year? You really are ok with that?

I didn't realize toyota tundras were premium luxury brand....maybe a better comparison is an isuzu

Took my dealer 2 months to diagnose and repair all the electrical issues (TIPM, WIN module, wiring, sensors) my 2010 Ram Laramie had. 2 MONTHS without my worktruck. Ridiculous. My BIL's 2010 Toyota Tundra that is abused compared to my Ram and has had no issues whatsoever, even the a/c still blows cold whereas mine is dead.

Last edited:

Igot4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I just read another post (there are so many) and would call about lemon laws. Oil pump, trans etc before 23k on the clock? I would have them give me a new truck.

HemiTO

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I do enjoy the capability and functions of the truck. Hell I like the truck. My issue is the quality of the truck.

THIS is what I'm talking about. I actually do like my truck. Just deflated that it has so many issues compared to other vehicles I own. Wear and tear is one thing, quality issues are another.

FWIW FCA customer service is an oxymoron.

Last edited:

Kylehobie16

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Based on the wicked tread on those after market tires, they could pick up a 1" or better rock and wing that up into the fender liner at excess of 60 mph. Pretty much like shooting your own truck. I'm not a big fan of dealers, but are generally not very receptive to doing favors.

OP
OP
Meister

Meister

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Based on the wicked tread on those after market tires, they could pick up a 1" or better rock and wing that up into the fender liner at excess of 60 mph. Pretty much like shooting your own truck. I'm not a big fan of dealers, but are generally not very receptive to doing favors.
I take full responsibility for it, no big deal to be honest. This thread is about the quality and lack of customer service from FCA.

Ram cares reached out in this forum and that's it.

lincoln125

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I love my Power Wagon, that being said, my biggest problem with owning a FCA product is their “stealerships”. I am on my 3rd RAM, and I have tried 3 different Stealerships. They are mostly all poor at best. I also own a Cadillac and an Audi. They always go above and beyond when my cars are serviced. They go as far as cleaning the cars before returning it to me. RAM dealership does nothing to keep my business and always takes longer to make repairs. I will still keep buying RAM trucks, but will only take to Stealerships for warranty work only.

DA Smith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Looks like rocks and other debris slung up by your tires are ruining the decal and something had to catch the inner fender liner to rip it lose! I hate to hear about the trade you made for the Lexus 300's . Surely you could have found something better to trade for. Lexus IS about the ugliest vehicle on the road today. I'd have to wear a bag over my head just to drive one of their vehicles! Some people are just overly hard on vehicle's and as a friend of mine says they can tear up a steel ball in a sand box.

LemmysDad

Chairman of the bored.
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 RAM Rebel
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is ****** service at the dealership a US thing? I’m not trying to offend, I’m just curious. I’ve had a couple minor recalls and no other serious issues. My dealership treats me very well...know my name etc. They buffed and polished some minor scratches (my fault) out for me free of charge, sourced and sold me great snow tires and rims for my son’s 300S and in general treat me very well. Small town dealership in Campbellford, Ontario maybe that’s the reason, but I don’t get the feeling that the Canadian dealerships are as bad as the US dealerships. Could be wrong though, maybe I’m one of the lucky ones.

Grand Mesa

Reaction score
It's one thing as per the first post to put some blame on FCA for an inner fender liner that's torn at the bolts, but could the off-road driving be a possible cause?

Having read the article posted below it just shows just how easily it is for approximately 100 drivers to get stuck in mud of which a few will tear up their cars in order to make it on time to the Denver International Airport.

Did they blame their car manufacturers for breaking their cars? Drivng off-road damage isn't the fault of Google Maps, the airport, the city of Denver, the city of Aurora, the deep irrigation ditch that they probably damaged, a road closed sign lying on its side, or of the property owner of a privately owned and maintained one lane dirt farm road. I live off of a private dirt road and it's shown on Google Maps as an alternate route of which unfortunately a few stupid people have driven down here and then get stuck. I keep the gate closed.

Per the article...
"I tore up the inside passenger wheel well for my tire, but it’s not that big of a deal compared to some other people who really tore their cars up and got themselves stuck out there,” she said. There were some drivers who tried driving around the cars in a field and didn’t see the ditch and hit it hard, sending their cars flying, according to Monsees."

https://www.thedenverchannel.com/ne...s-of-colorado-drivers-in-a-mud-mess-on-sunday

Haas

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
With everything the O.P. described going wrong, and the few miles he has on the truck, I can't say I'd feel any different. Sure, maybe he has a lemon, but they ask enough money for these trucks that it's hard to keep taking chances with a brand that has put a bad taste in your mouth. I completely understand his point of view.

sam darakjy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Tradesman Crew Cab 4x4
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I definitely get your point. I have spent over 100k in 2.5 years at my local dealer on two trucks. I am also a business link customer which i think has helped my dealings with the dealership on service matters. I come in drop off my vehicle and they already ask if i need a vehicle for the day. If I was treated the way you have been I would not be happy.

Brett Knudson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
On my old Ram, I hit deeper than expected standing water and it tore my front fender liner loose. I didn't notice it until I turned hard right. I learned my lesson!

sam darakjy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Tradesman Crew Cab 4x4
Engine
6.4 Hemi
This thread also got me thinking about how all the employees whether it is sales or service want you to give them 10's on a potential survey. I purchased a truck in July and the experience was definitely not a 10 but a gave them one and seems like they treat me pretty good now. No 10 and you probably get treated like poster who started this thread.