I think I am done with Chrysler products

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SnoFox

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is ****** service at the dealership a US thing?

No is not only a US thing lol. I bought new dodge work trucks in BC for a few years but switched to GM because of the poor service at our dealer. GM turned out to be a lot worse and I ended up driving a couple used chevys and looking after repairs myself. Back to ram now and couldn't be happier. I know it's not for everyone but if something goes wrong I have no service advisor to get angry with, just fix it and keep going. New truck warranty is worthless to me if I don't have my truck to go to work with.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
No is not only a US thing lol. I bought new dodge work trucks in BC for a few years but switched to GM because of the poor service at our dealer. GM turned out to be a lot worse and I ended up driving a couple used chevys and looking after repairs myself. Back to ram now and couldn't be happier. I know it's not for everyone but if something goes wrong I have no service advisor to get angry with, just fix it and keep going. New truck warranty is worthless to me if I don't have my truck to go to work with.

So true. A lifetime warranty dosnt mean an effing thing if the dealer cant fix it in a reasonable amount of time, or hell, figure out how to fix it at all!

There are times when I feel like I through money into a bonfire when I bought the lifetime warranty. Time will tell, I suppose.

Maligator

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hem 5.7
I have nothing substantial to say but this...ab53f70e5becec3385c60704b81d8adc.png

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Flea

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Made a trip to the dealer today. Have an inner fender liner that has torn at the bolts and power wagon decal is flaking off. They told me both of these were my fault....no other runs or scraps with the fender liner. I'll attach pics..
The dealer told me the truck was not ment to be taken on "the north 40"....

Been a dodge guy for a long time, just traded my 18 Durango and 18 challenger srt for a set of lexus nx 300s....between the 3 vehicles they have been in for recalls or warranty repair 26 times....the truck is a 17.

I guess I'll be looking to replace the power wagon due to quality issues.

I would of been ok the dealer said no we wont replace it...but dont tell me it wasn't made for off road and the flex...

Considering another tundra but will put lockers in it this time....just disappointed

View attachment 195073

View attachment 195074

View attachment 195075

Oh, I feel you ... let me tell you from the beginning.
Have had three Rams.
The first one damn near shook apart and had never even been off road. It was the older 5.9 1500. Engine was sound but body sucked.
First opportunity to trade it in on new model (about the time Mercedes bought Dodge)
New 5.7 hemi and body was top notch. Loved that truck.
fast forward through a chevy that had 283k on it when i let it go. (Best truck I ever had)
That same ZR71 years later was ridiculous in price and was not a fan of new body style and options.
dad had a jeep trailhawk and challenger. Both basically issue free and my wife has a 2019 grand cherokee trailhawk. Great so far ...
i looked at Ram again.
bought a 2017 Rebel. Absolutely nothing but problems. To top it off the dealership I was taking it to was the worst dealership experience I have ever had. In the first two years I had the truck it spent almost a total of 6 months combined in the shop. I kept taking it back to CROWN DODGE IN VENTURA CALIFORNIA, because every time I took it in It would come back worse than I brought it in. I was holding them liable for all of the damage to the vehicle.
damage to door handle, tailgate, fenders, door, razor cuts on all four windows when they replaced the bubbled vinyl between windows, they left my door off and open to elements during a period they had my truck for almost 50 days. It was crusted with dirt all over the inside and bird **** across console and seats.
After three years, FCA bought the truck back under the lemon law.
Was I done though? Nope, I needed more punishment and ordered a PW from the factory in which they “misplaced” at the factory and ended up finding another truck after 7 months of waiting and had to do the fly and drive thing. (The truck I ordered just arrived at the dealership a week ago). FCA did offer me an oil change package though ...
I now have the new truck and absolutely love it, so far ...
However, I believe that what I thought was a the infamous tick is actually the water pump as diagnosed on this forum a few weeks ago. So, hopefully this is one of the few trial and tribulations that any new vehicle goes through.
I highly recommend finding another dealer to work with. They are independently owned and someone out there will value you as a customer.

When I turned in my Rebel, I asked if he got a lot of them and he said he gets a lot of everything and had just written a 300k check for a Bentley.
No manufacturer escapes lemons.

On another note: I am seeing a lot of PWs down here in Las Cruces/White Sands NM. Going to have to put rainbow racing decals on mine to stand out.

Last edited:

Ruddy7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi eTourqe
I’ve been reading thru almost all the posts on here. I haven’t seen anyone suggest, “Find another Dealer”. I’ve had plenty of experience over 50 years of driving vehicles, and know that one dealer is not like the next. I drove a GM Yukon in 2002 that had issues. One dealer couldn’t find the problem, I switched to another and it was a simple solution. Never went back to the first dealer again. I have a Jeep Grand Cherokee. Headlight bulb went out. Took it to the dealer and they said they needed to replace the entire headlight assembly. And, if one went out, I should replace both as the second was likely to fail. Out of warranty. $1200 per assembly. I went to Christian Brothers Auto repair where they service all vehicles. They told me to go down the street to the local auto parts store and pick up a bulb. They would install it. Bulb cost me around $90 or so. Took it to them, they put the bulb in and didn’t charge me a dime. I go back there for most everything else that isn’t warrantied. Find another dealer. In your case I’d surely purse the Lemon Law and try to get a new vehicle out of them. I have a 2019 Ram Laramie Longhorn, new generation, and love it. Near 14,000 now and not an issue.

DA Smith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I’ve been reading thru almost all the posts on here. I haven’t seen anyone suggest, “Find another Dealer”. I’ve had plenty of experience over 50 years of driving vehicles, and know that one dealer is not like the next. I drove a GM Yukon in 2002 that had issues. One dealer couldn’t find the problem, I switched to another and it was a simple solution. Never went back to the first dealer again. I have a Jeep Grand Cherokee. Headlight bulb went out. Took it to the dealer and they said they needed to replace the entire headlight assembly. And, if one went out, I should replace both as the second was likely to fail. Out of warranty. $1200 per assembly. I went to Christian Brothers Auto repair where they service all vehicles. They told me to go down the street to the local auto parts store and pick up a bulb. They would install it. Bulb cost me around $90 or so. Took it to them, they put the bulb in and didn’t charge me a dime. I go back there for most everything else that isn’t warrantied. Find another dealer. In your case I’d surely purse the Lemon Law and try to get a new vehicle out of them. I have a 2019 Ram Laramie Longhorn, new generation, and love it. Near 14,000 now and not an issue.

The guy don't need no lemon law, nothing wrong with his truck. He tore up the inner finder liner and is whining because tires are causing rock chips in a decal on the fender. You must not have read the post very well.

JWExperience

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The guy don't need no lemon law, nothing wrong with his truck. He tore up the inner finder liner and is whining because tires are causing rock chips in a decal on the fender. You must not have read the post very well.

Doesn’t need a lemon law is what I think you meant by the double negative. How does a rock get thrown out of the wheel well and button hook back into the truck? Secondly how does it not scratch or chip the paint one bit? That’s clearly a bad decal. You’re also saying that one trip to a dealer out of many means he’s not eligible for lemon law which seems flawed. You have no idea what his previous trips to the dealer were even for or the duration his vehicle was down so to suggest that lemon law doesn’t apply based on this incident alone is not close to logical.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ruddy7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi eTourqe
I read that he had gone in 26 times for warranty work / repairs. That’s not just rock chips and fender decals. 26 times is a lot of warranty work. Somewhere in the thread you’ll see where he talks about the warranty work he’s had done. Some of it was major. Check it out. I’ve owned a lot of vehicles. I got rid of the Yukon at 45,000 miles when it was out of warranty and the engine still hadn’t quit using oil, (used oil from the very start, 800 miles a quart) the front differential needed replacing, (I seldom switched it into 4WD) and a number of other nickel and dime items that could have become worse. Think it was built in Mexico on a Friday. Haven’t gone back to GM since.

Haas

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I read that he had gone in 26 times for warranty work / repairs. That’s not just rock chips and fender decals. 26 times is a lot of warranty work. Somewhere in the thread you’ll see where he talks about the warranty work he’s had done. Some of it was major. Check it out. I’ve owned a lot of vehicles. I got rid of the Yukon at 45,000 miles when it was out of warranty and the engine still hadn’t quit using oil, (used oil from the very start, 800 miles a quart) the front differential needed replacing, (I seldom switched it into 4WD) and a number of other nickel and dime items that could have become worse. Think it was built in Mexico on a Friday. Haven’t gone back to GM since.

That's 26 times between three different vehicles. I'm not sure if he said how many times for the current vehicle he's talking about.

Joeram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi5.7
Ok here's my take. I've been on the road a little while now, first car was a 64 Chevy Biscayne - that should tell you a little something about my age. BTW I got rid of that car extremely abruptly - ouch! Anyway, I've always been of the mind that if you take care of a vehicle it will take care of you and for the most part that has held true for me. As for FCA, in 2008 we bought the bride a new Patriot. That was the year that the market took a nosedive and the Auto Makers were hit very hard. So Jeep offered at no cost a lifetime powertrain warrantee as a sales come on. I mean what kind of lunatic is going to keep a Jeep Patriot for that long anyway...well I am that lunatic. In 17 my kid was driving it with 248,000 miles on it when the engine finally gave up - 0 compression on all 4 cylinders. Towed it to the dealership and they dropped a brand new motor in it for $0. The point is who would have ever predicted that little 2.4L motor would get that many miles on it. But we took good care of it. And FCA did totally back up their product. We're still driving it.

As for the truck in question - I've never gone four wheeling (intentionally that is) but if the truck is advertised that it could take it and it can't - well then that is an issue. It does sound like the salesman totally ticked you off though. A stupid statement by him for sure.

Several years ago I had my Camry into the dealership for service and one of the service handlers rudely blew me off. I was so pissed I went home and called Toyota Corp. Headquarters and told Customer Support that a service guy at one of their dealerships "brushed me off like a piece of lint". Within a half an hour the head of the service dept. at that dealership called me and said "when he gets a call from Toyota saying one of his people brushed off a customer like a piece of lint that's serious". They took care of the Camry.

Right now I got a 15 1500 which I bought new. Currently 83,000 on it. I'm hoping to have it another 10 years...I also have a car so that helps. And I purchased a lifetime warrantee so that does give piece of mind.

Interesting thread. Enjoying reading all the posts.

Joe

TheEnder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
My issue is the amount of times these vehicles go into the repair shop. I am frustrated with the dealer. The dealer hires these folks to represent their organization. Car sales and service is a service industry. Poir service equates to poor outcomes.
Unfortunately this does represent the brand. Poor outcomes and low quality control leads to many issues and repairs.

I do enjoy the capability and functions of the truck. Hell I like the truck. My issue is the quality of the truck. I have had a new oil pump, new trans, new ac motor, new window motor plus recalls. Makes it tough to continue to like it....only 23k on the clock.

If I broke it I get it, but spending that much money on a vehicle to be treated poorly for service. Makes it a no go in my book. Just my 2 cents I guess. Yep I'm steamed right now. I will be looking at other trucks as I dont know about the reliability of this one.

I understand your frustrations with how many recalls the RAM truck itself gets. My 2013 still gets recalled, and it’s going on 8 years old. I don’t think it’s much of an issue as i have other vehicles, but i haven’t experienced anything wrong with the truck other than the exhaust manifold bolts which are notoriously ******.

Your dealership sounds like a bunch of circlejerking idiots, and that sucks. I would suggest finding another if that’s possible.

My dealership has been nothing but helpful, extended my warranty because of all of the recalls, and so far everything is fine with all of my Chrysler products. Hope you get everything sorted out.

Sent from my iPhone XS Max using Tapatalk

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Feel bad for the thread originator, not a good experience and hope something good comes their way.

But those problems do bring up a chance to look at the warranty on trucks. They exclude "misuse such as driving over a curb...". I would imagine off road use is way past that point and will preclude even the most customer-friendly dealership from doing anything. Some trucks will be worked hard over their life and that is why they were bought, but it sets us up for disappointment when things break. Buying aftermarket or extended warranties may also exclude a lot of repairs if the truck appears to be used other than on the road. But I won't stop buying Rams, have had 3 in a row, some really annoying things went wrong like replacing same front wheel bearing assembly more than once. But will get a 4th when my boy finally decided to not give me my keys back someday.

Narg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 eTorque
Looks like normal road wear to me. You can't own a vehicle and expect it to stay perfect. Unless you cover it and keep it in a garage 100% of the time. But, even then things age and degrade with time. On the road you just have to expect wear and tear.

OP
OP
Meister

Meister

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
I think some have missed the point....I get it may be my fault...yet service still sucks. Alot of you internet ninjas dont get that. Pay 60k plus. Me only 48k, doesnt mean can **** on you. For you folks who never had trouble that's great. I hope it goes well. My experience well I'm looking at the tremor but we will see. Capabilities are awesome not hint compares....but still ****** parts on what they build from factory. A nice setup to spend my money on is what I'm asking for. Gove me good service...treat me like a person and dont lie to me. If that's to much well I got something for you.....a bag of peckers to eat. My money is just as good as yours and if you like to be treated like **** I feel bad for you

thkbaron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I've looked at the tremors and they are pretty sweet for a ford. they might even be tossing an option for a winch soon. Having said that........>The power wagons look sweet too. Do your research before switching brands. You obviously know mopar by now. That counts for something. If you switch. go to as many dealerships that are available to you. Customer service is important. You might as well deal with the ones that treat you well.

OP
OP
Meister

Meister

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
I've looked at the tremors and they are pretty sweet for a ford. they might even be tossing an option for a winch soon. Having said that........>The power wagons look sweet too. Do your research before switching brands. You obviously know mopar by now. That counts for something. If you switch. go to as many dealerships that are available to you. Customer service is important. You might as well deal with the ones that treat you well.
To be honest idk if I will get an HD truck that has good service. I may have to suck it up. Doesnt mean I cant use my freedom and post.....I think the PW is better then the tremor but I'm just diving in.....just my 2 cents and this is a PW forum....glad the community has spoken. I will say my tundra had NOT gone where my PW has....but it was more reliable