I want LED bulbs for my Ram 2500 and need help from the pros choosing the best brand!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Braddouglas10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I own a 2014 Ram 2500 Laramie with projector headlights. I like the look of the stock headlights and fog lights on this truck but want to change the bulbs to LED. My dad owns a 2019 ram 1500 Limited and I love the color and output on his bulbs. Obviously I will never obtain the same quality but I would like bulbs better then my halogens. I would love to get the same brand they have oem in my dads truck but anything within the 5500K to 6500K range would be an ideal color. I bought some expensive LEDs off amazon for my 2005 Ram 3500 three years ago and they were junk. One bulb lasted a day. So I need help from the pros!Do you know what brand the new rams use? Has to be rebadged as mopar I’m sure! What is the best brand in your opinion? How are your bulbs?

A_mod_too_far

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm using the auxito y73s. Quite pleased, although not perfect as they say, if you dont want to go for the hid, I would recommend them, they arent too expensive either so if you end up deciding to go hid anyways it isnt a huge investment

One Mile Up

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
I recently did a side by side comparison in my 2017 2500 w/projectors -- in case you wanted to see the difference... (hint, the high quality LED's were a clear loser when put up against a high quality HID setup waytogo.gif)

ilovemyramlaremie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Been using auxito LEDs on my projector for over a year, with zero issues. Had morimoto HIDs before nothing but issues, igniter, relays, ballast.

erickpl

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8
If HID's are the way to go with projectors, are there specific brands you'd recommend? Would Underground Lighting have HID setups as well? My 2017 Ram with projectors could use a boost in light. My other cars are HID or LED and the Ram seems dim by comparison. These old eyes need help! LOL

One Mile Up

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
I've personally been LOVING these -- had them in since January and the upgrade in light output is on another LEVEL from the stock halogen's! :cheers:

1684349046861.png

TotallyHucked

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Sport CCLWB
Engine
The big debate over HID vs LED in a halogen projector has been going on for years. The main problem with LEDs in the past is their body was too thick and the LED chip placement was bad, causing the light focus to be in the wrong spot and having a shadow/dark spot in the center. HIDs have their light source centered in the same spot that a halogen filament does, so that's why they've worked so well.

There finally are some LEDs that have a thin enough body and chip placement in the right spot to function well in a halogen projector. I run these Auxito LEDs in my '17 Sport for the lows and highs, they work GREAT. I'm very happy with their cutoff and light output.

IMG_7461.JPG
IMG_7467.JPG
IMG_6472.JPG
IMG_6067.JPG

Ram Night

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Your best lighting option is a GRT lighting HID kit from Headlight Revolutions. These will work great.
I have these in two Rams and a Jeep Grand Cherokee. Plus they are 100% plug and play with a lifetime warranty.