I want to lower my 1999 Ram 1500.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DynaMow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
..... and I have no idea where to start. Well maybe I do. Asking guys that have already done it and can guide me in the right direction.

I know nothing about lowering my truck. Have never done it before. But now that I have this truck I do.

I have been looking around this site (great site, thanks) and have seen some trucks that are what I am looking for. Two of the ones I have seen belong to TenneSS/T and ramthis9501.

The stance I am looking for (I think) is a 2" drop front and back. As to have a bit of forward rake. I want to mount a bit wider front tire then stock, probably the size of the SS/T. Then mount an even wider tire on the rear with same diameter as front. The look I am going for is what I would call the muscle car look. Does that make sense?

Imagine a 2 (maybe 1 or 3, you tell me) drop front and rear. I imagine tires of same diameter front to rear with the rears maybe 2" wider. 8" wheel front, 10" wheel rear.

Can you see what I am trying to describe? I can't find a picture of one that I see in my head.

Here is the current truck as it sits today. http://www.ramforum.com/f17/my_new_1999_dodge_ram-63631/

OP
OP
D

DynaMow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I also see it is very hard to find the tire sizes that give me the same diameter (or within 1 inch) and being 2 inches wider.