I wish I was in new truck territory..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RLJ10X

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
IMG_1006.jpg I really don't see the point of a Built to Serve Edition, painted red, silver, white, etc.

It should be in a military type color like desert tan, OD green, dark blue for the USAF, and Navy. Black for the spec ops, maybe ti for the F35.

Hell , hunter green would have been a decent starting point. Add a black grill and bumpers.

392DevilDog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
View attachment 185763 I really don't see the point of a Built to Serve Edition, painted red, silver, white, etc.

It should be in a military type color like desert tan, OD green, dark blue for the USAF, and Navy. Black for the spec ops, maybe ti for the F35.

Hell , hunter green would have been a decent starting point. Add a black grill and bumpers.
Did you miss the other colors?

Each one has a two colors. One to go with their flag and one to go with their equipment.

RLJ10X

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
No.... the "etc" that I added is pretty much all inclusive.

Yeah, Red is the Marine Corps flag color. But another red Ram 1500 doesn't say military like Desert Tan, OD Green, etc do.

392DevilDog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
Gator, Ceramic Grey, Tank, Anvil, Spitfire.

Those sound like the colors you are saying. My description of equipment color.

Diamond Black, Patriot Blue, Flame Red, Billet Silver, Bright white. My description as flag colors.

You will have the person who wants the equipment color and a person who wants the flag color.

Think they did a fine job with the choices.

There are also alot of trucks out there that are already the equipment colors too.

The interior and decals will be what sets them apart.

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
View attachment 185763 I really don't see the point of a Built to Serve Edition, painted red, silver, white, etc.

Are you a veteran or active duty?

The Blue Mule

CYSTemrebel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7 liter
While it is definitely a freedom of choice decision to buy a new truck every few years, I will never understand the mindset of many who borrow to buy new vehicles and as soon as the term, be it five years or whatever, is up and the vehicle is paid off, go out and do the same thing again.

I have met a few people who see the purchase of new vehicles frequently as a big waste of money UNLESS they are in business and can deduct the cost and recover the taxes.

These few other types like myself, prefer to buy new (most are in business like me) but once I get a new vehicle, I hold onto it for years, even decades. (my truck is a Dodge is a 2008 Ram 2500 bought new)

I can comprehend the high a new vehicle imparts but the other side of the coin is that interest and purchase costs are the real price one has to pay.

My truck is now almost 12 years old and I have maintained it along the way. I have some dings here and there as it is used as a work truck and some fender well rust areas that are well known as defect in many Dodge trucks. However they can be fixed, the dings removed, and a new paint job applied to the vehicle. This is FAR cheaper than buying a new one and to be honest, I find it a high returning my older truck to a new condition mechanically along the way and appearance wise in a grand slam move.

I become attached to vehicles and this one works when I work and plays when I play. It has taken me and the truck slide in camper unit all across the USA...east and west coasts, Midwest, north and south in every direction to the borders. I took a Pacific coast highway trip a few years ago crossing into the USA at Blaine Washington and down through Oregon and California. That trip was over 12,000 miles.

If it could only talk....

I have 306, 000 kilometers with no major issues, just the usual replacement of serpentines, one alternator, oil changes, grease jobs(replaced front end two years ago with aftermarket parts that had grease fittings and will not have to be replaced again) and battery. Original stainless exhaust, water pump, starter, fuel pump are fine at this point.

While the truck is maintained all along the way, it is a real good feeling to give it the grand slam body part replacements, and new professional but original color paint job. That is coming shortly. After that is done, I am looking at another decade of use and if major components die, I will upgrade to better ones. Engine replacement, if and when it comes will be the stock 5.7 rebuilt at a professional speed shop but ported/polished, balanced, rebored and reinstalled. The six speed standard still functions tightly and solidly with lots of clutch left.

I will then have a better than new truck, with high performance mods that incidentally will increase the longevity and I will be on a high for a long time. It will not have the bells and whistles of the newer models but hell, I am used to it, know its limitations and quirks, know close to when components will fail and tie me sentimentally to things I have done both as a professional and as a holidayer all over north America but mainly in the good ole USA which is the greatest nation in the whole damned world. As a peon of Canuckistan, the nation led by a grade five ASSistant drama teacher, we are like most nations subject to the envirowhacko lunacy that has resulted in the huge expense increase in vehicle ownership, based on many so called "pollution controls."

We even have in regular use vehicles that need only plugs, points and a condenser for a full tune up I can pay for with a mere handful of coins at ten percent of the cost of one for a newer vehicle.

As I mentioned several weeks ago here, we have seven vehicles in active service, with the oldest being a 1976 one ton GMC that has only one remaining part that is stock...the frame. My 2008 Dodge is the newest in the fleet and my other main vehicle is a 1979 Chevy van inherited from my father and with 83,000 KILOMETERS on it original miles, no rust, but due for the grand slam.

Do you all realize that the grand slam for my Dodge, engine rebuild with performance mods when it needs it, new paint, etc can be done with less than ten percent of the cost of buying a new comparable 2500?

Now to me, what could be better than an old truck that looks as new as a late model from the dealer and with a modified engine putting it in the same HP or higher category? To those who want something unique, this is the ONLY way you will get it.

But go to it, if it is your thing to buy new trucks, no big deal for me but my thing is what I have always done and I expect to do it to my end.

McBroom

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
The release date is mid to late time this week. I’m already talking to a dealer about buying one of the USMC red trucks.
I’d really love to get a low production number seeing there’s only 1000 of them being built.

The Blue Mule

Duane Pipes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The release date is mid to late time this week. I’m already talking to a dealer about buying one of the USMC red trucks.
I’d really love to get a low production number seeing there’s only 1000 of them being built.

The Blue Mule

Have u found a red one yet? Only saw a few colors not all. Little gimmicky but I support it. I do prefer low key tho

McBroom

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Have u found a red one yet? Only saw a few colors not all. Little gimmicky but I support it. I do prefer low key tho

I’m waiting to hear back from the dealership but it’s this week according to him.
Yeah I’ll be trading the Blue Mule for one if I can find it.

The Blue Mule

392DevilDog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
Just to reiterate...the 5 high volume colors and 5 NEW low volume colors.

So you can go low key or bright and shinny.

The flag or the ride.

Anxious to see if this will go over to the HD side.

Hopefully not too many dealers ruin the chance for someone to special order rather than have some sit on the lot.

McBroom

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Just to reiterate...the 5 high volume colors and 5 NEW low volume colors.

So you can go low key or bright and shinny.

The flag or the ride.

Anxious to see if this will go over to the HD side.

Hopefully not too many dealers ruin the chance for someone to special order rather than have some sit on the lot.

I agree. I’d hate it if a high volume dealer snatched them up and sat on them. It’d be even better if you had to prove you were an actual military member.
Stop the stolen valor/impersonators!!

The Blue Mule

RLJ10X

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
McB, no.

My only son is an E6, USAF.

There was no one to shoot at in 1978 when I got out of high school. It was right after Vietnam Nam, and the military was very unpopular back then. I thought about it hard tho. Talked to a recruiter 2 times. Then I got a job at UPS. Been at UPS for 39+ years.

Ashton

Reaction score
Ram Year
'18
Engine
Hemi
IMO, i think it should mainly be colours like OD green, desert, or maybe even a digital camo print/stripes or 2 tone. If i can add one thing though.. i think textured flares would look better as it ties in with the bumpers and grille better. just my 2 cents..

tomb

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 bighorn-cherry red
Engine
5.7 HEMI
View attachment 185585 View attachment 185586 Not letting the link I have. Flame Red and Tank is for the misguided children. Not sure about Tank (color) though. Or the anvil.(color)

Was hoping for something a little more Scarlet though, but I have a had a few flame red Rams, still own one of themView attachment 185587
I love seeing older RAMS like your red one --it gives me confidence about the longevity of these trucks--I am an owner who gets very attached to a truck and will keep it as long as I can, mine is only 7yrs old-but compared to many on this site it is old. I would love to see some older RAMS on this site and opinions from the owners.DSC00560.JPG