Icon 1.5” or Superlift 2” Rear Colis?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Really? So they lift our trucks more then they do gladiators… most interesting. Appreciate the info!
The main reason should be In the Jeep world is common to have coil springs give more lift than advertised if you have a stock Jeep. Most manufacturers with a few exceptions market their Jeep coils for a modded Jeep and a modded Jeep typically have more weight over stock. So 2.5" coils springs in the Jeep world usually give a stock Jeep 1-1.5" more than advertised if you're installing them on a bone stock Jeep.

Our RAM specific springs seem designed with advertised height for a stock truck.

OP
OP
ThunderMug95

ThunderMug95

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The main reason should be In the Jeep world is common to have coil springs give more lift than advertised if you have a stock Jeep. Most manufacturers with a few exceptions market their Jeep coils for a modded Jeep and a modded Jeep typically have more weight over stock. So 2.5" coils springs in the Jeep world usually give a stock Jeep 1-1.5" more than advertised if you're installing them on a bone stock Jeep.

Our RAM specific springs seem designed with advertised height for a stock truck.
My JT ICONS are doing great. I did recently replace my Bilstein shocks with the ICON 2.0’s. You have to do a little work with the grinder on the frame mount..
Even when I put my street/track setup on they handle great. :)
1705796102508.jpeg

Duuplo

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My JT ICONS are doing great. I did recently replace my Bilstein shocks with the ICON 2.0’s. You have to do a little work with the grinder on the frame mount..
View attachment 535818

View attachment 535818
Wish I would have came across this thread before I bought my rear springs. I went with ICON 1.5" rear coils for the Ram, converting from 1.5" motofab spacers w/ stock springs. The height was perfect with the spacers, gave me a true 1.5" lift and about 1 1/4" rake with my front Bilsteins set at 2.8" (only netted about 2 1/2" though).

After installing the ICONs, they netted me only about 1 1/8" and rake dropped to only about 7/8". I can live with the rake the way it is now, but I'm guessing the ICON are going to settle even lower. May have to throw in 1/2" spacers, which I wanted to avoid using.

So the ICON 1.5" for the Gladiator JTs will net a true 1.5" for our 4th Gen Rams?

Last edited:
OP
OP
ThunderMug95

ThunderMug95

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Wish I would have came across this thread before I bought my rear springs. I went with ICON 1.5" rear coils for the Ram, converting from 1.5" motofab spacers w/ stock springs. The height was perfect with the spacers, gave me a true 1.5" lift and about 1 1/4" rake with my front Bilsteins set at 2.8" (only netted about 2 1/2" though).

After installing the ICONs, they netted me only about 1 1/8" and rake dropped to only about 7/8". I can live with the rake the way it is now, but I'm guessing the ICON are going to settle even lower. May have to throw in 1/2" spacers, which I wanted to avoid using.

So the ICON 1.5" for the Gladiator JTs will net a true 1.5" for our 4th Gen Rams?
Yes and then some. JT springs are 1” taller then Ram springs. I will see if I can get you a frame to axle measurement today. Wheelwell heights wont do any good.