Icon 2.5 lift kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kraftei

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I am installing the 2.5 Icon Lift Kit, sounds like the Icon upper control arms are months away so I may just go ahead with it as is. I can add the control arms at a later date. I received the shocks and springs today.

https://www.iconvehicledynamics.com...ram-1500-4wd-75-25-stage-2-suspension-system/

https://www.iconvehicledynamics.com...ccessories-09-up-ram-1500-tubular-uca-dj-kit/

My question is what tire / rim combo should I go with....

Massive confusion from sales people compounds the issue. I only want the tires to be approx 3-4 inch wider the stock, I don't want the Tonka Truck look !! Nor do I want the maximum tire size so the wheel wells looked stuffed. I would like wheels that can be ordered in a reasonable amount of time (not 3 plus months) and are not bedazzled, I prefer the purpose built look.

Thanks !

azcoyote

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Not sure anyone can help you choose your aesthetic. What you like is up to you of course. For some general ideas, I’m sure people can point you in a direction. I like Black Rhino wheels. You will probably want wheels that are 9 inches wide and 17-20 inches. That height choice will affect how much sidewall you have. Backspace will affect how far in your tire sits. Guessing you do 34-35 tall tires. You will see 12.5 wide is common. You can get as narrow at 11 tho. 34s look great and not stuffed. You should search the forum and see what you like.

novelmike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am installing the 2.5 Icon Lift Kit, sounds like the Icon upper control arms are months away so I may just go ahead with it as is. I

My question is what tire / rim combo should I go with....

Massive confusion from sales people compounds the issue. I only want the tires to be approx 3-4 inch wider the stock, I don't want the Tonka Truck look !! Nor do I want the maximum tire size so the wheel wells looked stuffed. I would like wheels that can be ordered in a reasonable amount of time (not 3 plus months) and are not bedazzled, I prefer the purpose built look.

Thanks !

What wheel size are you going to go with?
My Ram came with 20’s from the factory. I like a tire/wheel combo with some sidewall. So I went to a 17”. I personally do not like it when a tire sticks out way passed the fenders. A small amount I’m ok with. A wide tire destroys a fresh truck wash when you go through a puddle, in mud, and also will chip your paint.
I think the 33x12.50 tires look to wide. So I went with a 285/75/17 tire. It’s not a very popular size. The manufacturer says it’s 33.86 tall and 11.26 wide. So a little taller and a little more narrow. I’m very happy with the setup. Looking down the side or my truck, the tire tread sticks out a tiny bit, less than 1/2” the sidewall sticks out probably 2-3”

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
We have 2 sets of those UCA's in stock right now. We could of helped you out with the stage 2 kit.

If you would like a quote message me

OP
OP
Kraftei

Kraftei

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
What wheel size are you going to go with?
My Ram came with 20’s from the factory. I like a tire/wheel combo with some sidewall. So I went to a 17”. I personally do not like it when a tire sticks out way passed the fenders. A small amount I’m ok with. A wide tire destroys a fresh truck wash when you go through a puddle, in mud, and also will chip your paint.
I think the 33x12.50 tires look to wide. So I went with a 285/75/17 tire. It’s not a very popular size. The manufacturer says it’s 33.86 tall and 11.26 wide. So a little taller and a little more narrow. I’m very happy with the setup. Looking down the side or my truck, the tire tread sticks out a tiny bit, less than 1/2” the sidewall sticks out probably 2-3”

We are on the same page, I agree with all your comments. I was considering 17" but there are more tire options for 18". I "think" I have decided on the Black Rhino Fury 18x9.5 with a 0 offset. 305/65/18 Wildpeaks or K02's. I have the Mopar fender extensions which is why I would like to go with a little bit more offset... so I can fill it in better. Thoughts ? Attached is a picture of the truck, currently it is lowered so it looks a little goofy!

IMG_3645.jpg

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I wish I would have known this before I ordered !

Me too LOL

Let us know if we can help with anything else. We offer just about everything and can help you choose what will fit your needs and budget

OP
OP
Kraftei

Kraftei

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My lift kit is installed. I ended up ordering the upper control arms from "GotExhaust". They are the real deal, I got them is short order. Don't hesitate to order from these guys !!

A little more dialing in on the blower and I am done. The last picture is how the truck looked when I bought it. It was a estate truck so I got it cheap, my main concern whether I could like it. I was not warming up to the ram boxes especially with the lowering kit. I am relieved now, I like it ;o)

IMG_3978.jpg

IMG_3979.jpg

IMG_3981.jpg

IMG_3982.jpg

IMG_3304.jpg

kurek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
heh, supercharged RCSB & on a performance suspension.. I bet that thing's quicker than a TRX & just about as good off pavement.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My lift kit is installed. I ended up ordering the upper control arms from "GotExhaust". They are the real deal, I got them is short order. Don't hesitate to order from these guys !!

A little more dialing in on the blower and I am done. The last picture is how the truck looked when I bought it. It was a estate truck so I got it cheap, my main concern whether I could like it. I was not warming up to the ram boxes especially with the lowering kit. I am relieved now, I like it ;o)

View attachment 228436

View attachment 228437

View attachment 228438

View attachment 228439

View attachment 228440

I was gonna comment on the regular cab shortbox rambox pickup...first one I have ever seen! To me that makes it that much better!

nice pickup!

what a-arms did you go with?